Page 502 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 240245249249849950050150250350450550651255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 28258

Don't know why I wrote Spectrum I meant Singularity.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    since mind controlled characters don't use their powers at their full
    To me it's the opposite. Good guys usually hold back but when they get turned evil they unleash their full power because they don't care who they hurt. It provides a real challenge for the heroes battling the mind controlled characters because they haft to be careful not to hurt their friends. The reason why they couldn't beat Wonder Woman.

Sigh we need an x-men show that will last more than a season. Why did they cancel WATXM? I don't remember clearly.
    Last edited by 5cents; 06-15-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    To me it's the opposite. Good guys usually hold back but when they get turned evil they unleash their full power because they don't care who they hurt.
    Depends on the form of mind control. 'Puppeteering' results in a lessening of the puppet, but the 'flip the switch' style of control results in some nasty stuff, although it can also result in the 'flipped' character turning on the one who thinks they are in charge (right, Mr. Wyngarde?).
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Don't know why I wrote Spectrum I meant Singularity.

To me it's the opposite. Good guys usually hold back but when they get turned evil they unleash their full power because they don't care who they hurt. It provides a real challenge for the heroes battling the mind controlled characters because they haft to be careful not to hurt their friends. The reason why they couldn't beat Wonder Woman.

Sigh we need an x-men show that will last more than a season. Why did they cancel WATXM? I don't remember clearly.
    Well depends on who's ontrolling them, but gray already explained that
    As for the shows, BLAME DISNEY!

Ah, WatX. I think I opened a drink to celebrate that one being cancelled. Coma-Jean and IneptoClops were BOTH insulting.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Ah, WatX. I think I opened a drink to celebrate that one being cancelled. Coma-Jean and IneptoClops were BOTH insulting.
    they were going to turn that around in season 2 with them becoming more the focus and be given modern redesigns of their 90s costumes. What could have been if the funding had been secured.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    they were going to turn that around in season 2 with them becoming more the focus and be given modern redesigns of their 90s costumes. What could have been if the funding had been secured.
    WatXM was still a pretty entertaining show and it certainly captured the spirit of the X-Men comics a lot better than the corny 90s cartoon. The real problem was that it like most of Marvel's other animated shows it was relegated to Disney XD and was pretty much invisible to the public. Kids just don't really watch TV or play with action figures anymore, so the whole business model that sustained the industry during the 80s and 90s is no longer viable. A shame really, I still prefer animated superheroes to live action, those movies are still too ridiculous for me to really take seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    WatXM was still a pretty entertaining show and it certainly captured the spirit of the X-Men comics a lot better than the corny 90s cartoon. The real problem was that it like most of Marvel's other animated shows it was relegated to Disney XD and was pretty much invisible to the public. Kids just don't really watch TV or play with action figures anymore, so the whole business model that sustained the industry during the 80s and 90s is no longer viable. A shame really, I still prefer animated superheroes to live action, those movies are still too ridiculous for me to really take seriously.
    Yeah, WaTXM to me was the best animated adaptation of the 3 (4 if we count the anime one). The first half is pretty weird, but once they get their world established it just did a lot right and I was looking forward what they were going to do with season 2 with AoA, The return of Jean and Magik and Colossus, plus the Built An Emma plot ala Murder at the Mansion. But yeah, it never really had a shot with how cartoons work these days. And much less now that there's such a legal mess with their rights.

I wish we could at least get some animated movies like DC constantly does with their stuff.

Watxm was great Imo. It had the only adaptation of Emma frost that I actually enjoyed. (I don't dislike other incarnations of Emma-but I don't like them either).

and they send some of their weakest members to deal with the giant shark?
    They need the practice. And, com'on it's just a shark! That was a job for Captain Fisherman.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

[QU.OTr279781] WatXM was still a pretty entertaining show and it certainly captured the spirit of the X-Men comics a lot better than the corny 90s cartoon. The real problem was that it like most of Marvel's other animated shows it was relegated to Disney XD and was pretty much invisible to the public. Kids just don't really watch TV or play with action figures anymore, so the whole business model that sustained the industry during the 80s and 90s is no longer viable. A shame really, I still prefer animated superheroes to live action, those movies are still too ridiculous for me to really take seriously.[/QUOTE]

How so? I enjoyed it too but the 90's cartoon was the x-Men. that show had the spirit
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    They need the practice. And, com'on it's just a shark! That was a job for Captain Fisherman.
    Practice, really? Well now Miss America will have a lot of practice in the shield, and she might also die in 20 days, way to go A force!

Well now Miss America will have a lot of practice in the shield, and she might also die in 20 days
    But do we really care (if she die)?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Watxm was great Imo. It had the only adaptation of Emma frost that I actually enjoyed. (I don't dislike other incarnations of Emma-but I don't like them either).
    For me Emma was probably the one thing about the show that was consistently great from beginning to end. Cyclops made me hurt inside and while Jean showed potential she simply wasn't in it enough to make a resounding impact. But it did confirm that animated versions of Jean Grey should always be voiced by Jennifer Hale. That scene where Wolverine says he'd have her be the one to rummage through his head over Chuck and she goes "And there's the problem: you can't have me"? Pure sweet sizzle.

Edit: actually now that I think about it Wanda and Kurt were both pretty great throughout as well.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 06-16-2015 at 08:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    But do we really care (if she die)?
    Fair point, you win this time Narasinha because I actually want to see who dies and who survives the shield. . . But it's still bad judgement from she hulk since she could've just sent phoenix and spectrum, I hope G wilson decides to use em...

But it's still bad judgement from she hulk since she could've just sent phoenix and spectrum, I hope G wilson decides to use em...
    To her defense, She-Hulk did sent Pixie. It was just bad luck that it's the other girl that was sent to the shield. Even the best plans...