Page 51 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It could do that but do you really think Emma would go back to the school?

o
    She should have. Aside from Scott, Beast and Kitty were the only ones anywhere close to being her friends. Plus, being a teacher is supposed to be her main calling.
    They kept her with Scott for the "drama" aka her chasing after him/begging for his attention/that bit at the end of AvX.
    Last edited by Phoenix Egg; 06-12-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Well the adults on the Uncanny team are still wanted criminals last I checked, and I doubt the gold side would give them sanctuary at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well the adults on the Uncanny team are still wanted criminals last I checked, and I doubt the gold side would give them sanctuary at this point.
    Well cyclops is a wanted criminal, no one have any problem with the others.

And yeah, they wont let them come back unless Jean says so.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'm in such a pickle.

As a huge jean grey fan, the more she shows up and has a major role in ANXM, the happier I am.

On the other hand, my boyfriend who is a huge Emma frost fan and a huge jean grey hater, is getting more and more bitter about the simultaneous dwindling role that Emma has and the growing role jean has in the bendis x-books.

Today, at least, was one of the first issues of ANXM that we both enjoyed, since Emma and jean (kind of) worked together.

But aside from today's issue, it's been virtually impossible for both me and my significant other to enjoy the comics together, lol.

Completely agree. I'm so spoiled, this 4 week wait is torture.

Interesting and I'm wondering if this is why some of Frost's fans both were overjoyed by Jean's demise and hoping she'd never come back because she tends to overshadow Emma which isn't new because she's arguably has been doing that in death. But the simple fact is the one and only time Jean and Emma served on a team together, while Emma may have had the more risque uniform and said witty remarks, Jean role was always larger because she is a character who connected to just about every other character which is why when she died them trying to shoehorn Emma into Jean's roles never worked for me because Emma doesn't possess an emotional connection to any of the X-men besides Scott. Which make it easier or more logical to use an available Jean than force Emma into a role she's not meant to play. Although I find it ironic Emma spent the better part of this decade as the every X-woman, and sidelined most if not all other female characters and now that some of the luster is wearing off her some people are complaining about her panel time.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think her return could reunite the two sides.
    You know, i think that is one of the reasons of why Jean is still dead, given that several writers(not only Bendis) like the current schism, besides that some people expect that when Jean come back she fix everything, so she will stay dead until there is new writers or the current ones want to end the schism.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    That's the funny thing about time travel: as much as it should be overly complicated and screw things over, it's only ever as bad as the writers want it to be. So Bendis can write pretty much whatever he wants without too much worry.

And it's easier for him to write teen Jean because she doesn't yet know just how powerful she is, who she is as a person, and what she's really capable of, so he doesn't have to write her that way. And I think teen characters are his favorite.

Once again, my fanboy meter for teen Jean is pretty up there because not only is she getting the majority of the development in ANX, she's the only one who ever really succeeds at anything. The solicit for the next issue flat out states she's the most powerful person under Scott's roof already. But it makes me wonder when the fallout will come, as she's dangerously close to falling into Mary Sue territory if she hasn't already, and that never ends well.
    Well, being a marty stu works well for wolverine, so why not ?.
    Anyways, she is basically strong but (mostly) unskilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    It could do that but do you really think Emma would go back to the school?

o
    Emma should just go back to the Hellfire Club where she belongs.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

When do you think Marvel will stop teasing and finally bring back the real Jean Grey? Teen Jean just doesn't cut it for me. If I had my way, I'd bring her back as White Phoenix with her personality in tact. I'd also undo "End of Greys" maybe by letting them come back as they were seen entering the White Hot Room. (I love Claremont, but the mass killing was unnecessary. Jean doesn't need to be Batman.)

And who do you think would be a good choice to bring her back? I think maybe Chris Yost, Greg Pak, or Kurt Busiek. (Since he was the one who brought her back the first time.) Or Claremont of course. But those are just suggestions. As long as she comes back, I'd be happy.
    I would love to see adult Jean return as well, but I think Marvel has made their intentions very clear with All New X-men. Adult Jean will not come back so long as the O5 are in the present. I think the reason is that they don't want to deal with Jean Grey's Phoenix level powers. That might have been part of the reason why they haven't brought her back, in addition to the asinine desire to keep Cyclops and Emma together. But with the team divided and Cyclops/Emma no longer an issue, the circumstances are changing and making it more viable for Jean Grey's return. That said, I don't see it happening anytime soon. All New X-men has been selling too well. It also has a very compelling story, developing O5 Jean Grey in a way we've never seen before. This is Jean Grey without the Phoenix Force and without all the emotional baggage she had as an adult. Say what you will about the gimmick aspect of it, but there's an undeniable appeal to that for certain segments of fans. I'm really enjoying the development of O5 Jean Grey. And I hope that at some point, it sets the stage for adult Jean's return.

I even have a theory about how it will happen (which is probably wrong). I think at some point, O5 Jean will have the power to send the O5 back to the past. That's why it's growing. It's going to play a role in getting them back. And in order to maintain the timeline, they have to have most of their memories erased. But Jean Grey will find a workaround. In doing so, she'll be able to make a key change that will allow her adult self to come back. I also suspect that she'll need a healer like Christopher Muse. Maybe she'll find a way to help step up his powers so that he can resurrect the dead, just like he did with O5 Cyclops in BOTA. Again, I don't see this happening for years. And my theories tend to be wrong, but this is what I hope happens. It would be a shame to spend all this time turning O5 Jean into this great character and then just having her go back to being dead.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would love to see adult Jean return as well, but I think Marvel has made their intentions very clear with All New X-men. Adult Jean will not come back so long as the O5 are in the present. I think the reason is that they don't want to deal with Jean Grey's Phoenix level powers. That might have been part of the reason why they haven't brought her back, in addition to the asinine desire to keep Cyclops and Emma together. But with the team divided and Cyclops/Emma no longer an issue, the circumstances are changing and making it more viable for Jean Grey's return. That said, I don't see it happening anytime soon. All New X-men has been selling too well. It also has a very compelling story, developing O5 Jean Grey in a way we've never seen before. This is Jean Grey without the Phoenix Force and without all the emotional baggage she had as an adult. Say what you will about the gimmick aspect of it, but there's an undeniable appeal to that for certain segments of fans. I'm really enjoying the development of O5 Jean Grey. And I hope that at some point, it sets the stage for adult Jean's return.

I even have a theory about how it will happen (which is probably wrong). I think at some point, O5 Jean will have the power to send the O5 back to the past. That's why it's growing. It's going to play a role in getting them back. And in order to maintain the timeline, they have to have most of their memories erased. But Jean Grey will find a workaround. In doing so, she'll be able to make a key change that will allow her adult self to come back. I also suspect that she'll need a healer like Christopher Muse. Maybe she'll find a way to help step up his powers so that he can resurrect the dead, just like he did with O5 Cyclops in BOTA. Again, I don't see this happening for years. And my theories tend to be wrong, but this is what I hope happens. It would be a shame to spend all this time turning O5 Jean into this great character and then just having her go back to being dead.
    Then let's just get rid of the time-displaced Original Five and fix the current versions of the Original Five. And Marvel doesn't seem to have a problem with having Thor, Star Brand, or Hyperion on a team. (And there are many more powerhouses in Hickman's Avengers.) And Silver Surfer used to be a part of the Defenders.

But the fact is, adult Jean is not dead. Marvel editorial just refuses to acknowledge it.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 06-13-2014 at 04:45 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

it seem likely, we might end up with a merging of Jeen and Jean, or as you said a key change which mean Jean didn't die, more or lesss like what happened in the DOFP Movie...but I think that in some capacity all that is happening to teen jean will be integrated to her character it will be a shame if it was all erased...

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    it seem likely, we might end up with a merging of Jeen and Jean, or as you said a key change which mean Jean didn't die, more or lesss like what happened in the DOFP Movie...but I think that in some capacity all that is happening to teen jean will be integrated to her character it will be a shame if it was all erased...
    I agree. It doesn't make sense to take everything that has happened to O5 Jean and just erase it when she and the O5 X-men go back in time. I don't think Marvel will want to do that (although I've been wrong before since they have shown a willingness to retcon and overlook certain details). A merging of O5 Jean and adult Jean could work as well. So long as some version of O5 Jean goes back into the past, it would keep the timeline intact while having a noticeable impact on the future. I don't think any major events from the past will be undone. Marvel isn't going to go that far because it boarders dangerously on the grounds of a reboot. After One More Day, I don't think they have the stomach for another shift like that. But that doesn't mean the O5's presence can't have an impact that wouldn't have otherwise been noticed. Perhaps O5 Jean's power upgrade is exactly what adult Jean needs to take control of the Phoenix Force. I remember during Grant Morrison's run how hard a time Jean had gaining control. That has been one of her biggest struggles since the Phoenix Saga. This upgrade that O5 Jean has undergone could be the key to finally bringing some balance to her Phoenix connection. It would bring some stability to her powers and her persona, at least temporarily. I think it would work beautifully, but it might make too much sense for Marvel's taste.

I really think that Jean Grey is the key to ending the X-men's current schism. She is not only one of the most powerful mutants in the world, she commands respect from every circle. She and Storm have the charisma and the leadership to bring the team back under one roof. I don't think Cyclops is going to be able to do it because he lost so much credibility after AvX and Storm is still rebuilding hers after her marriage to Black Panther. Jean Grey has always been the heart of the X-men. For a time, she was even headmaster. I think she could have that role again, especially with Xavier gone. I can see her and Storm acting as the main figureheads of the institute while Cyclops acts more as a field leader, which I think he's best suited for anyways. This is all wishful thinking on my part, but I think that Marvel is going to do something with O5 Jean's power upgrade. We're just not sure what it is.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, being a marty stu works well for wolverine, so why not ?.
    Anyways, she is basically strong but (mostly) unskilled.
    For some reason I think it's easier for guys to get away with that than girls. Female characters undergo a lot more scrutiny from pretty much all circles.

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    I'm not sure what 05 Jean's ultimate destiny will be, but I have a hard time picturing her doing anything that will prevent her death at the hands of Xorn. It would mess with the last decade of continuity far too much. It worked in the DoFP film as they were willing to wipe the whole slate clean so I think at most just the first movie happened. But Marvel has never wanted to go down the road of a DC-esque reboot.

Not saying letting Jean live through those years would change everything THAT much, but it would still be a mess to sort out.

I hope they don't go that route with the whole time displacement thing because that would diminish so much of the characters history it would be a tragedy. I have faith that Marvel is more creative than that. Bringing Jean back should be something major and impactful so that we know she's staying for good.

Emma needs to take her diamond ass and her resources and open her own school/hideout. She's being wasted running behind Scott. Hell her hive-mind are getting more development than her and its sad. Now that Jeen is in the picture she may have no room for spotlight.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    I hope they don't go that route with the whole time displacement thing because that would diminish so much of the characters history it would be a tragedy. I have faith that Marvel is more creative than that. Bringing Jean back should be something major and impactful so that we know she's staying for good.

Emma needs to take her diamond ass and her resources and open her own school/hideout. She's being wasted running behind Scott. Hell her hive-mind are getting more development than her and its sad. Now that Jeen is in the picture she may have no room for spotlight.
    I agree with you on the first part, but I disagree with you about Emma Frost. I would like her to stay on the same team as Jean Grey and not just because of the snarky attitudes they have towards one another. I think we're seeing in Uncanny and All-New X-men that Emma's role has changed from being Cyclops's arm candy. She's getting back to being a teacher and I think that's one of the strongest components of her character, going all the way back to her Gen X days. She offers a very different approach compared to Jean. Whereas Jean is passionate and full of heart, Emma Frost is cold and calculating. I think you need that kind of clash of personalities for the dynamics of the team. It's kind of like the clash between Captain America and Iron Man, albeit not as extreme. I think history has shown that some of the best stories in comics come from characters who are remarkably different, yet are still allies. It forces them to be more creative with their actions and their thoughts. Let's face it, people aren't going to be as interested in a comic where everyone agrees with each other.

I agree with you on the first part, but I disagree with you about Emma Frost. I would like her to stay on the same team as Jean Grey and not just because of the snarky attitudes they have towards one another. I think we're seeing in Uncanny and All-New X-men that Emma's role has changed from being Cyclops's arm candy. She's getting back to being a teacher and I think that's one of the strongest components of her character, going all the way back to her Gen X days. She offers a very different approach compared to Jean. Whereas Jean is passionate and full of heart, Emma Frost is cold and calculating. I think you need that kind of clash of personalities for the dynamics of the team. It's kind of like the clash between Captain America and Iron Man, albeit not as extreme. I think history has shown that some of the best stories in comics come from characters who are remarkably different, yet are still allies. It forces them to be more creative with their actions and their thoughts. Let's face it, people aren't going to be as interested in a comic where everyone agrees with each other.
    I can see your point and agreed. I just would like to see Emma grow on her own as a character. The dynamic aside, the whole Scott/Jean/Emma thing has been done so many times its starting to become stale. I find it would have been more interesting for Rachel to join the team giving a more family dynamic between the Greys/Summers. No writer has every really touch on this reunion besides Bendis' brief moments of ridiculousness. Lol Emma should take her students with her and start her own revolution.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Then let's just get rid of the time-displaced Original Five and fix the current versions of the Original Five.
    Why would marvel get rid of the stars of their top selling x-book??

I'm an adult jean fan as much as anyone, but I'm not too greedy on this topic. I'm enjoying watching teen jean develop. If it paves the way for a future adult jean return, that's awesome- but even if not I'm enjoying the current ride.