Page 601 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159759859960060160260360460561165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it doesn't mean anything, is just some important moments of Marvel Universe...
    Yeah, the cover shows several important moments of the 616-universe's past. Nothing to do with the present or the future. (maybe it's Marvel trying to tell us "see, that's not a reboot!" /smirk)

On the whole, I'm kinda iffy on so many of these outfits trying to incorporate the "X" in them in some elaborate way. It's worked before, just look at a some of the old X-Factor costumes. And yeah, you have that whole "Rah Rah go X-team" flap, but a lot of these outfits feel kind of overdesigned and not particularly memorable. You can tell so with Jean in how every showing of her outfit it looks a bit different and we still aren't entirely sure what it's supposed to look like, i.e. "She has a skirt again? No, wait it's a flap?"

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The issue is the outfit has a lot things going on that don't really mesh well together, both in design and color distribution. I think if the Mask or the Flap were removed or altered it would be a much better look.
    Makes you wonder if anyone at Marvel check those design before they are published. (Naturaly, that makes you wonder how professional artists can come-up with such design and not realize that there is something wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That is hardly the issue. She is supposed to be younger and less mature, she's a teenage version of Jean.
    I'm saying she looks even more childish than she looked before, aka that:

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Makes you wonder if anyone at Marvel check those design before they are published. (Naturaly, that makes you wonder how professional artists can come-up with such design and not realize that there is something wrong)
    Well, Marvel barely cares about the X-men anyways.

I think that without the mask and skirt the costume would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Adult Jean Grey is dead... Long live Teenage Jean Grey!

1. I'm totally convinced Emma Frost only gained her diamond, "secondary mutation" in order to compete with Jean Grey's telekinesis -- we also know that Jean can catch an airborne Douglas DC-3 (C-47) which weighs 16,870 lbs (8.435 tons) and, hold it aloft while it's engines are running at full throttle without breaking a sweat...

2. A diamond has four (flaws/weak spots) directions of cleavage, meaning that if it receives a sharp blow in one of these directions it will cleave, or split.

3. That said... A sustained telekinetic blitz by Jean Grey armed with a hand full of these would completely pulverize Emma's diamond form...

Anyone else giggle with this as it refences Emma's diamond form / diamonds and talks about the direction of cleavage!! Or was it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    So I guess even in a million pieces, Emma survived her suicide charge at Matthew Malloy. And the Supermen of various Ages are nothing to her.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, Emma being functionally immortal when in diamond form even when shattered completely is just...so damned SUE. What was Morrison thinking? That sort of undying existence without any limits should have totally gone into her head by now. How is she still bearable? I want a nerf come ANAD.

Then again there's always Type-MOON.

Back to Jean now.
    im sorry i do not understand some of your points / refences. What is Sue? I am bit confused but want to undertsand what you are saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    im sorry i do not understand some of your points / refences. What is Sue? I am bit confused but want to undertsand what you are saying!
    I believe Londo Bellian is saying that Emma's functional immortality in diamond form pushes her into Mary Sue territory. I'd say it depends on how much it's been used. In Morrison's run it works since she can't put herself back together. It took Jean and the Phoenix to do that.

Fantastic Member

I like the contrast between Jeen's Extraordinary costume and the O5's somewhat unified team look. I'd find it interesting if whenever they reunite it turns out there was an additional O5 costume meant for her. Or if it turns out the Extraordinary costume is that costume then wtf.

Also the hiphop variant cover to EXM #1 makes me wonder if she'll actually start with the previous costume. Of course, it's doubtful the team-wide costume changes will get a belabored explanation.
    Last edited by Rising7; 09-08-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I believe Londo Bellian is saying that Emma's functional immortality in diamond form pushes her into Mary Sue territory. I'd say it depends on how much it's been used. In Morrison's run it works since she can't put herself back together. It took Jean and the Phoenix to do that.
    That's pretty much it. In writeups that describe the specifics of Emma's diamond transformation, it's stated that she has no time limit whatsoever in maintaining that state and theoretically can choose to stay diamond forever if she wishes. The Sue-ness comes from the fact that in diamond state, her body no longer needs energy intake - food and water are useless. The diamond body does not suffer fatigue nor physical strain - rest or sleep are then useless. Technically while in diamond firm Emma is not so much ALIVE but rather, she just EXISTS - ageless and unchanging if not indestructible.

Sometimes it's like the only reason she bothers to become flesh and blood again is to be able to use her telepathy; she's currently celibate and not actively seeking physical pleasures since freezing off Cyke anyway. The idea of a static existence in organic mineral form has been explored in Scemma's potential future daughter Ruby Summers and her organic ruby quartz transformation, which she has maintained for an indefinite period of time that it may as well be her permanent state; she had expressed concern that if she ever drops her ruby form after so long her true age would catch up to her and she could wither away.

Granted, it may be a moot point due to the possibility of extremely powerful psionics being able to exist astrally without need of a physical body. It's just that, since Emma is technically not a telepath (nor psionically susceptible) in her diamond body, it may not hold true for her if she gets shattered; rather, her consciousness is stuck in her diamond fragments until a powerful enough entity reassembles her again. Still, kinda Sue.

/casual fan's ramble (I keep forgetting this is Jean's thread; see how Emma just love to encroach?)
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 09-08-2015 at 04:15 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    On the whole, I'm kinda iffy on so many of these outfits trying to incorporate the "X" in them in some elaborate way. It's worked before, just look at a some of the old X-Factor costumes. And yeah, you have that whole "Rah Rah go X-team" flap, but a lot of these outfits feel kind of overdesigned and not particularly memorable. You can tell so with Jean in how every showing of her outfit it looks a bit different and we still aren't entirely sure what it's supposed to look like, i.e. "She has a skirt again? No, wait it's a flap?"
    I wish they wouldn't incorporate the x into the uniform. Just make a costume.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The 90's had the right idea by restricting the X to belt buckles or as over-sized decorative buttons, all of which also doubled as communicators (or was it merely in TAS?) The big chest-spanning X's in the previous (X-Factor) costumes and some of the later ones (Emma's X-flesh window; the chest X logo in the other NXM suits were better but the pants' shin X's were overkill) left much to be desired.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 09-09-2015 at 04:45 AM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Marvel barely cares about the X-men anyways.
    Just stop. Marvel cares about the X-Men. Your only saying this cause maybe you don't like the current books. They sell so marvel publishes them.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Anyone else giggle with this as it refences Emma's diamond form / diamonds and talks about the direction of cleavage!! Or was it just me?
    Only a superior mind could have possibly have made that connection