Page 726 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 22662667671672272372472572672772872973073677682612261726 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 28258

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think it was Jeans "soul" in Endsong, it was Jeans body. And it was what the Phoenix remembered Jean as from the time that part of the Phoenix copied her mind and body.
    Phoenix/Jean has 2 voices in Endsong: One is the fragment of the PF and the other is Jean's.

It's not the Phoenix talking or fighting with itself. It's the Phoenix that try to revive Jean and Jean fighting it, saying it's too early. It's Jean that says to Logan "she is soo much weaker now". It's Jean who said she lost herself in the WHR and forgot what she had to do. And it's Jean who receive all the love from her friends.

Notice too how "Jean's voice", at the begining when she "talks" to the PF fragement, looks like the power signature of Jean.
    Last edited by Narasinha; 03-03-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post

Phoenix/Jean has 2 voices in Endsong: One is the fragment of the PF and the other is Jean's.

It's not the Phoenix talking or fighting with itself. It's the Phoenix that try to revive Jean and Jean fighting it, saying it's too early. It's Jean that says to Logan "she is soo much weaker now". It's Jean who said she lost herself in the WHR and forgot what she had to do. And it's Jean who receive all the love from her friends.

Notice too how "Jean's voice", at the begining when she "talks" to the PF fragement, looks like the power signature of Jean.

I thought the pink telepathic undertones were a nice touch, much in the same ways Emma's and the Cuckoos were blue and Quire's were green!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I distinctly remember the Phoenix Force abandoning Jean's form after she "drowned" herself, then it proceeding to consume Emma's mind!
    Yes, after Jean let Logan stab her over and over and "she got in charge", she drowned herself but the fragment of the PF left her and went after Scott to absorb his optical blast energy. Then Emma took the PF fragment into herself to try to imprison it. When it failed, Scott broke the ice imprisoning Jean and she retook the PF fragment from Emma. The PF fragment, controling Emma's body said: "Jean Grey... how did you do that? Without me, without my power..." and Jean answered "I am you. Don't you remember?".

I feel like the writers(or editors) doesn't really care about Endsong. They seem to think that she died in NXM and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like the writers(or editors) doesn't really care about Endsong. They seem to think that she died in NXM and that's it.
    Endsong doesn't really change anything compared to Here Comes Tomorrow: In HCT (and not HTC), Jean is reborn from a Phoenix Egg. So that could happen in the new future too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Impossible, Marvel had been planning AvX for nearly a decade before it's publication. Things don't change and anything a writer says in an interview is correct and honest!
    AvsX did not let the previous or next issue get in the way of a good story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also the Hope = Jean idea was abandoned before Messiah Complex launched. So nope.
    They still had the "Jean is collecting her fragments" thing going way after that. I still think they had no clue what they were doing so at some point stuff became the void just to get rid of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Endsong doesn't really change anything compared to Here Comes Tomorrow: In HCT (and not HTC), Jean is reborn from a Phoenix Egg. So that could happen in the new future too.
    It seems like it did a good job finishing off Emma's character.
    "oh Jean! All is full of LOoooVE!"

So, who you guys think Jean will side with? I think she have her reasons to be in any of them.
    Tony's(Don't arrest people for crimes that they haven't done yet): Jean knows how it is to be judged by things she didn't even commited yet.
    Carol's(Do something about it before the tragedies even happen): If Jean saw her future when she becomes Phoenix, dies and etc, she would obviously prefer to change it instead of doing nothing. Actually it's what she's doing since she came to the future.

I know nothing about the new Civil War so it's hard to say, but I guess it depends on what causes the skirmish and how the X-Men end up getting involved. Based purely on Tony and Carol's one sentence MOs I think she'd probably go more towards Tony, but Jean was featured on an ensemble cover where Carol was leading (although the way covers are that could very well mean nothing).

BANNED

Jean coming into Civil War just may as well bring in the rest of the X-men since 05 Jean is trying to prevent her tragic fate.

Ultimate Member

It's nice...and uh...detailed...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's nice...and uh...detailed...
    lol I am not sure that's what the artist wanted to draw but yeah, that give that feeling a little...