Page 8 of 1884 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well as we saw in BOTA, emma still has some kind of grudge against jean; but maybe, besides of making sarcastic comments, she would be a good mentor for her.

And anyways, dazzler's death was the reason xorn turned evil and the brotherhood was created.
    Most likely I suspect he will try to have Emma be a good mentor for her, but I think it would be more fun if they went the other way around. Emma being sinister and things turn into a big mess. The path is definitely there, almost every single time Jeans name is so much as mentioned, Emma has lost her mind. Either in ANXM or UXM.

With that said - specifically for the character of Emma - she has had a massive hatred for Jean for years due to her own insecurity. Its about time she finally got over that hump. This would be a good time to let her drop it. Personally I think a role reversal where Jean ends up fixing Emma would be a cool twist, and a good way to move their "relationship" forward.

But ya, I dont see anything grand coming from this. Probably some fun bickering between the two until they eventually move on.

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    Most likely I suspect he will try to have Emma be a good mentor for her, but I think it would be more fun if they went the other way around. Emma being sinister and things turn into a big mess. The path is definitely there, almost every single time Jeans name is so much as mentioned, Emma has lost her mind. Either in ANXM or UXM.

With that said - specifically for the character of Emma - she has had a massive hatred for Jean for years due to her own insecurity. Its about time she finally got over that hump. This would be a good time to let her drop it. Personally I think a role reversal where Jean ends up fixing Emma would be a cool twist, and a good way to move their "relationship" forward.

But ya, I dont see anything grand coming from this. Probably some fun bickering between the two until they eventually move on.
    Good points. I honestly can't get a read on Emma Frost's attitude towards O5 Jean Grey. I remember how in Uncanny X-men she told the Stepfrod Cuckoos to not mess with O5 Jean Grey. She has also generally kept her distance from the O5. She hasn't confronted O5 Jean and she didn't get overly hostile when Cyclops decided to help them in X-men: Battle of the Atom. She was also fairly cordial when she went out on a girls night in Uncanny X-men #15, well at least as cordial as Emma Frost can be.

But the idea of Emma Frost being her mentor has some intriguing possibilities. It could be something she chooses to exploit and I think she will on some level. But it could also be something that helps her get beyond the petty rivalry she has had with Jean for so long. I'm not saying they'll be friends. In fact, that's probably very unlikely. But I would like to see Emma Frost become more than just Jean Grey's rival and vice versa.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well as we saw in BOTA, emma still has some kind of grudge against jean; but maybe, besides of making sarcastic comments, she would be a good mentor for her.

And anyways, dazzler's death was the reason xorn turned evil and the brotherhood was created.
    yhea, you are actually right, according to what we know so far Jeen did not turn evil until the presidential election's slaughter took place.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-05-2014 at 04:35 AM.

BANNED

How exactly does Emma plan to "train" Jean? Her overall track record as an "educator" is pretty poor considering the number of students she's gotten killed, and that's when she's not actively working to destroy them herself. Shockingly enough, working as a stripper for a few years doesn't really qualify you to teach children, nor does actively abusing your telepathy constantly to get your way make you the best person to teach a youngster not to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    How exactly does Emma plan to "train" Jean? Her overall track record as an "educator" is pretty poor considering the number of students she's gotten killed, and that's when she's not actively working to destroy them herself. Shockingly enough, working as a stripper for a few years doesn't really qualify you to teach children, nor does actively abusing your telepathy constantly to get your way make you the best person to teach a youngster not to do the same.
    Its obviously just a ploy to get Jean and Emma together. We just need to hope its entertaining. I certainly wouldn't have a lot of faith or trust in Emma when it comes to anything regarding Jean.

As for the whole educator thing, the track record isn't impressive, but considering how often the audience is told shes a great teacher (hard as that is to believe), I think were just supposed to accept it.

I dunno. Jean fixing Emma didn't do much for their relationship the first time she did it.

Having Jean do it again, and in a younger, less experienced, and ostensibly non-Phoenix powered state would probably only further drive a wedge between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Good points. I honestly can't get a read on Emma Frost's attitude towards O5 Jean Grey. I remember how in Uncanny X-men she told the Stepfrod Cuckoos to not mess with O5 Jean Grey. She has also generally kept her distance from the O5. She hasn't confronted O5 Jean and she didn't get overly hostile when Cyclops decided to help them in X-men: Battle of the Atom. She was also fairly cordial when she went out on a girls night in Uncanny X-men #15, well at least as cordial as Emma Frost can be.

But the idea of Emma Frost being her mentor has some intriguing possibilities. It could be something she chooses to exploit and I think she will on some level. But it could also be something that helps her get beyond the petty rivalry she has had with Jean for so long. I'm not saying they'll be friends. In fact, that's probably very unlikely. But I would like to see Emma Frost become more than just Jean Grey's rival and vice versa.
    Emma can be hard to get a bead on, but I disagree that she hasn't had a stance on the 05. I wouldn't says she got hostile but of Scott's side she was the most vocal about sending them back. During BotA Emma was the one who alerted the other X-Men and the Brotherhood to where the 05 were so they could come and grab them. And I think her telling the Cuckoos to leave Jean alone was largely a self-preservation angle on their behalf. She knows that as her "daughters" the Cuckoos would be mightily tempted to mess with Jean, and Emma knows better than most just how hazardous that can be to your health.

But since Emma's the only fully trained psychic around (and Rachel is not in the picture) she pretty much is the only person qualified to give Jean some direction on how to use her powers, since up to this point Jean's understanding of her own abilities has largely been trial and error. I think there is potential for an Emma and Jean mentor/student relationship to bear interesting fruit, just so long as it's not a repeat of the BotA encounter...

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I dunno. Jean fixing Emma didn't do much for their relationship the first time she did it.

Having Jean do it again, and in a younger, less experienced, and ostensibly non-Phoenix powered state would probably only further drive a wedge between the two.

Emma can be hard to get a bead on, but I disagree that she hasn't had a stance on the 05. I wouldn't says she got hostile but of Scott's side she was the most vocal about sending them back. During BotA Emma was the one who alerted the other X-Men and the Brotherhood to where the 05 were so they could come and grab them. And I think her telling the Cuckoos to leave Jean alone was largely a self-preservation angle on their behalf. She knows that as her "daughters" the Cuckoos would be mightily tempted to mess with Jean, and Emma knows better than most just how hazardous that can be to your health.

But since Emma's the only fully trained psychic around (and Rachel is not in the picture) she pretty much is the only person qualified to give Jean some direction on how to use her powers, since up to this point Jean's understanding of her own abilities has largely been trial and error. I think there is potential for an Emma and Jean mentor/student relationship to bear interesting fruit, just so long as it's not a repeat of the BotA encounter...
    As you showed, Emma continued to be ungrateful as usual after Jean put her back together, along with her insecurity issues. It would actually be some growth for her character to get beyond that. If shes ever going to grow beyond it, it means shes going to have to admit fault at some point. Either that or a heel turn for Emma. Jean helping Emma in some way is the only way I can see it going on reasonable terms.

The one thing I dont want is at the end of this for Jean to be all "awww thanks auntie Emma". The thought of her having some motherly position over Jean after all the stuff between them is kind of sickening. Most of their history revolves in tragedy for Jean, and slaps on the wrist for Emma. The gods of justice pretty much demand Emma be Jeans bitch whenever they are face to face which thankfully has held true up to this point. For Emma to avoid all the tragedy, and then get alpha status over Jean would make me lose my mind.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

As you showed, Emma continued to be ungrateful as usual after Jean put her back together, along with her insecurity issues. It would actually be some growth for her character to get beyond that. If shes ever going to grow beyond it, it means shes going to have to admit fault at some point. Either that or a heel turn for Emma. Jean helping Emma in some way is the only way I can see it going on reasonable terms.

The one thing I dont want is at the end of this for Jean to be all "awww thanks auntie Emma". The thought of her having some motherly position over Jean after all the stuff between them is kind of sickening. Most of their history revolves in tragedy for Jean, and slaps on the wrist for Emma. The gods of justice pretty much demand Emma be Jeans bitch whenever they are face to face which thankfully has held true up to this point. For Emma to avoid all the tragedy, and then get alpha status over Jean would make me lose my mind.

And this is why I have been so against this from the start sure from a story stand point it's tempting. But Jean and Emma should never be friends and the idea that the woman who made her life and death hell is now going to be instilling in Jean all the applications of Telepathy is unwarranted to me. Just as most other telepaths mastered their own powers Jean should have that opportunity as well she doesn't need to always have to rely on someone to teach her it would be a step in the right direction for Jean to take whole of her own life and powers and go from there rather than being reduced to another student of Emma Frost.

BANNED

Emma will always be a poor man's Jean.

She just doesn't matter.

On a more a less plastic note, I would enjoy getting to know this side of the phoenix mythos

The phoenix corp has always been interesting and would love if the writers would stop playing around with the phoenix and start building something on it.
    Being 'out of control' is getting old, bring in order and some epic stories with Jean leading the way of course.
    A series on the phoenix corp would be amazing.

What if Emma's tutelage is what causes the instability in Jeen's powers and psyche as evidenced in Xorna Jean?
    It would be sad if the Phoenix breakage is somehow contagious or if Emma has an agenda with teaching Jeen or if Emma simply can't train her and fails miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post

On a more a less plastic note, I would enjoy getting to know this side of the phoenix mythos

The phoenix corp has always been interesting and would love if the writers would stop playing around with the phoenix and start building something on it.
    Being 'out of control' is getting old, bring in order and some epic stories with Jean leading the way of course.
    A series on the phoenix corp would be amazing.
    Some debate the merits of Morrison's additions to the Phoenix mythos, but I thought this was an interesting facet of the Phoenix. It hasn't been touched much on it since then. One thing it did do though was plant the idea that Quentin Quire could be a future Phoenix host and we're starting to see that play out in WatX now, for better or for worse...

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    What if Emma's tutelage is what causes the instability in Jeen's powers and psyche as evidenced in Xorna Jean?
    It would be sad if the Phoenix breakage is somehow contagious or if Emma has an agenda with teaching Jeen or if Emma simply can't train her and fails miserably.
    Jean has been shown to be pretty unstable all on her own though, which is why everyone's really afraid of the Xorna possibility. By their perspective it's started already.

BANNED

Some debate the merits of Morrison's additions to the Phoenix mythos, but I thought this was an interesting facet of the Phoenix. It hasn't been touched much on it since then. One thing it did do though was plant the idea that Quentin Quire could be a future Phoenix host and we're starting to see that play out in WatX now, for better or for worse...
    I don't see anything wrong with this becoming the more prominent face of the phoenix.
    The things they're doing now with the phoenix is played out and there needs to be some type of order installed when it comes to it as of now.
    I don't like much of what Morrison does but I loved what he did with the phoenix there and those are some of my favorite panels of Jean.
    That being said I hope someone does touch on it and expound on what Morrison did.

BANNED

Don't forget that in the earlier releases of UXM the cuckoos did admit that they had messed with jean grey a bit due to her inexperience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93

And that's the thing jeen knows something and still hasn't shared with no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    And that's the thing jeen knows something and still hasn't shared with no one.
    My memory is foggy, but how long i remember the ones that learned that were magik, teen iceman and teen beast.

We still dont know what jeen saw inside xorn's head, maybe she saw why she started to call herself xorn and started to wear that outfit.