Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Anyone else getting Browser hijacked and pop ups on CBR now ?

Thus far on CBR only I have had numerous browser hijacks. Its making it through my ad blocker I have and keeps sending me to a site. Then I hit the back button and manage to stay in CBR. But its happening a lot on CBR . Also there is a pop up ad that somehow made it through my ad blocker.

Is anyone else going through the same problem ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'm not.

Have you updated your blocker and ran a virus/adware scan recently?

Yes, I've been getting this occasionally over the last couple of days now. It opens another tab and takes me to a site that says my Firefox (or something similar) may be outdated and suggests I download an update. I've run a number of anti-virus and anti-malware/spyware/adware scans, and they've found nothing.

I think sometimes these issues happen because of the servers that embedded ads are hosted on. I don't know the mechanics of how it works, but I remember that a couple years ago TheDigitalBits.com got flagged as a site containing malicious software, but the problem was related to an issue with the separate server where their ads were hosted. It was something like another website on that server had malware, so because of the connection TDB got flagged as a result. With my scans turning up nothing, I started wondering if maybe that was the issue here.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Should be fixed now -- we found the ad and alerted the network serving it to block it.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    Should be fixed now -- we found the ad and alerted the network serving it to block it.
    thanks Jonah!
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Ive been getting them frequently in the last 2 weeks
    And they just keep coming

Quote Originally Posted by Phant Cowboy View Post
    Ive been getting them frequently in the last 2 weeks
    And they just keep coming
    One of our editors saw one yesterday and we've reported it to the ad networks we work with. Should be resolved, but when reporting on this please give as many details as possible including a screen grab. That will help us track down the bad ad and nuke it.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Just had one of the pop-ups a few minutes ago, so it is still there. I didn't remember to make a scree dump, but I can give you the target address that is opened, if you want to try backtracking from there.

Got it again. This time I got a screen dump.

CBR_Screendump.jpg

Hope the attachment works.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    Got it again. This time I got a screen dump.

CBR_Screendump.jpg

Hope the attachment works.
    All I see is an image of the forums. We'd need to see the screen that opened.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

All I see is an image of the forums. We'd need to see the screen that opened.
    The add at the top is the one that triggered the pop-up. The links that were opened were to exclusiverewards.yardsugar.biz. If you want the full addresses I can post them or send them.

There is a weird new pop up attempt at playing a video on the forums now. Like a little add on video deal that tries to play. My ad blocker keeps blocking it from playing but the box keeps appearing and stops ....over n over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpace View Post
    The add at the top is the one that triggered the pop-up. The links that were opened were to exclusiverewards.yardsugar.biz. If you want the full addresses I can post them or send them.
    Yeah, if you could e-mail me all of that, that would be helpful.

Since it's an ad from Germany, I'm guessing this is being served via one of the Google Ad Exchanges.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is a weird new pop up attempt at playing a video on the forums now. Like a little add on video deal that tries to play. My ad blocker keeps blocking it from playing but the box keeps appearing and stops ....over n over.
    Sorry, that doesn't really give us enough information to track it down. What we need is:

-- Screen grab of the offending ad.
    -- URL that ad links to.

That will help us in finding it on our network ad partners.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Sorry, that doesn't really give us enough information to track it down. What we need is:

-- Screen grab of the offending ad.
    -- URL that ad links to.

That will help us in finding it on our network ad partners.
    Well Jonah I found out it wasn't from CBR. In fact the ad was a Sensori (or whatever that name was). It somehow is a program that I looked up somehow gets downloaded and its like an annoying ad. You can basically un-install the program and never be bothered with it again.