Default Sould I check out Descender?

With the sequel coming out in April, I was thinking about reading the original comics?

I found the series quite enjoyable!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Absolutely!! I dropped it after issue #16 (which turns out to be the halfway point) due to budget, but with the aim of one day reading everything to follow. Ascender being announced has given me a deadline for that now!! What I read of Descender was absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend it!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

It's a gorgeous book, although I suppose that goes for any Dustin Nguyen-drawn book really. Keep in mind Descender skews much more sci-fi, while the upcoming sequel Ascender will lean more into fantasy territory. I doubt it'll be necessary to know the backstory from Descender, but they'll probably put in a lot of fun in-jokes and references for long-time readers if that interests you.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

100% yes. I'm a HUGE Mass Effect fan, and this book really scratches that itch.

I just read the first issue of Ascender, and if Descender is even half as good it'll be worth reading!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Highly recommended, just a great story from start to finish.