Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default UI Goku/Freeza vs Gogeta/Kefla

Ultra Instinct Goku vs Gogeta from Broly movie

Golden Freeza from Broly movie vs Kefla

Bonus Fight:. Vegeta vs Hit

First one is a hard call, I really can't tell who's stronger between Jiren and Broly which is really the only way to gauge. Leaning UI because of the known time limit on Gogeta, but can't say for certain.

Kefla wrecks Freeza, it took Goku flirting with Ultra Instinct to put her down. Freeza's only showing in the movie was not dying for an hour against Broly, that's not bad feat but I'm not sure he got any offense in.

I'm assuming Vegeta's in his SSBluer form, if that's the case I could see it going either way. I think Vegeta's got the power edge, but Hit's esoteric time tricks would net him some solid wins.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    First one is a hard call, I really can't tell who's stronger between Jiren and Broly which is really the only way to gauge. Leaning UI because of the known time limit on Gogeta
    Goku couldn't even sustain UI for 2 minutes. Time is much more of a factor for him than it is for Gogeta.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Can Gogeta use Ultra Instinct, if he gets pressed hard enough?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Can Gogeta use Ultra Instinct, if he gets pressed hard enough?
    I kinda doubt it, since Ultra Instinct is heavily dependent on state of mind, and Vegeta hasn't been able to do it at all and Goku hasn't been able to pull it off reliably.

Goku couldn't even sustain UI for 2 minutes.
    To be fair, he could probably last longer if he hadn't already tanked his stamina by the time he started getting Ultra Instinct. It is still of limited usefulness though; Gogeta can probably pull off a win just by staying in his base form and playing keep away.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Gogeta
    Kefla
    Vegeta, if ssj blue evolution form.

Hit should be just fine to freeze Vegeta like he did to Jiren long enough for a ten count.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    To be fair, he could probably last longer if he hadn't already tanked his stamina by the time he started getting Ultra Instinct. It is still of limited usefulness though; Gogeta can probably pull off a win just by staying in his base form and playing keep away.
    Wouldn't MUI Goku be quite a bit faster that base form Gogeta?

Mmmmaybe? It's kind of hard to tell at this point. At any rate, I think Ultra Instinct Goku probably has the advantage against Gogeta, but even if Gogeta has to ramp up his power, I kind of agree that UI, at least right now, is on a shorter clock. I don't think UI Goku is throwing out enough power that he's going to beat Gogeta before he KOs himself.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Two minutes at super speed perspective of these dudes is more than enough time to decide a fight. Not saying Golub wins, I don't really know Gogeta, but I don't see the timer being the decisive factor.

Two minutes has almost never been enough time to decide a major Dragonball fight once they started hitting Frieza+ levels. Jiren was trying to fight UI Goku head-on and look what happened. Gogeta's in about the same place as him, where he's going to have more raw power but be at a disadvantage in their engagements. If he plays defensively, he should be able to do at least as well as Jiren did, and I think Dark Soul's point is right, that UI Goku's clock will run out first. Or at least it might; the whole thing still seems a bit tough to call because it's dealing with two forms we don't actually know a lot about.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Two minutes has almost never been enough time to decide a major Dragonball fight once they started hitting Frieza+ levels. Jiren was trying to fight UI Goku head-on and look what happened. Gogeta's in about the same place as him, where he's going to have more raw power but be at a disadvantage in their engagements. If he plays defensively, he should be able to do at least as well as Jiren did, and I think Dark Soul's point is right, that UI Goku's clock will run out first. Or at least it might; the whole thing still seems a bit tough to call because it's dealing with two forms we don't actually know a lot about.
    Two minutes was long enough to resolve an entire half hour episode pretty consistently throughout the tournament. Now, most of the one episode fights probably don't qualify as "major" but DBZ runs on Namek time so it's pretty hard to say.

Running out his clock is a valid strategy... IF Gogeta can last that long. My point is a lot can happen in two DragonBall minutes.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If UI Goku has that much of a speed advantage, he can use the Kienzan since Khazan doesn't have a no-kill role like the Tournament of Power did.

I don't think he really has a massive speed edge. UI Goku is definitely fast (like don't get me wrong here, it was definitely a massive speed upgrade, since he was able to contend with Jiren at all), but his real advantages seemed to revolve entirely around a no-mind heightened awareness and absolutely flawless movement with instant response time. It's not like incomplete UI Goku was outspeeding Kefla so much as just pulling off every dodge he did perfectly. If he'd been massively faster than her, there'd have been no reason to show him just getting brushed by one of her blasts or having to deal with them at all; she wouldn't have been able to target him effectively in the first place.

Anyway, UI Goku probably has A speed advantage, but I don't think it's enough of one that he can easily land an instant kill.

Two minutes was long enough to resolve an entire half hour episode pretty consistently throughout the tournament.
    A half hour episode in the ToP was frequently showing multiple fights, so not so much on Namek time as showing a lot of things happening at once. That said, most of the important fights took longer than a full episode or got put on hold for various reasons with Goku vs Jiren actually stretching over like half the tournament in small chunks. All kinds of time passes during fights in the Android arc, and the Cell Game has normies present who give a solid frame of reference for normal time. Buu runs out the clock on at least one fusion (albeit one with its time significantly reduced by SS3;I think it was down to a handful of minutes), and Goku and Vegeta take turns fighting Kid Buu, though I forget how long they are. I think it was a few minutes each, but I'm sure someone remembers better than me. The point is that Dragon Ball fights aren't happening in like, single instants or anything. A few minutes or more is pretty normal, which is not a great situation for UI Goku to be in, as UI's wall was rock solid when he hit it.

Unrelated thing I remembered: There's an interesting edit that was floating around youtube awhile back that shows the ToP happening all at once with multiple screens. It's hectic, but it's a pretty cool watch if it's still around.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 02-02-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Couldn't Goku use the same technique for a Keinzan that he used on his kamehameha? Charge it up while dodging, then release it at point blank range?