Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vita Ayala Talks “Prisoner X” and the Dark Side of Age of X-Man

Link here!

Nrama: Who rounds out the cast of Prisoner X? Did you manage to squeeze in any of your favorite mutants?

Ayala: Though Bishop is largely the perspective character, Gabby, Polaris, Dani, Beast, and Forge are part of the prominent cast. There is one more very recognizable mutant, but I want to save them for when people read the book!

The team was suggested to me as is, and I was happy to be able to get the chance to write them. Bishop and Storm where originally what drew me to Marvel comics, and being able to work on a book with him was a dream come true.

We (Germán Peralta and I) also got to create a great cast of background mutants, which is a huge thrill!
    Forge and another member for this book.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 02-04-2019 at 11:05 AM.

So that IS definitely Dani. If it's not just really bad editorial continuity (which is possible) that she is in both realities (or whatever it is) is the most interesting thing about all of the books. Because no one else is - it's a mystery, synergy, one has got to be....something else, really, right?

This DEFINITELY sounds like a continuity screw-up. The only alternative is that she's being impersonated in Prisoner X. Dani uses her Valkyrie powers in War of the Realms, so the one in Uncanny must be real.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Or shes a figment of Nate's imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This DEFINITELY sounds like a continuity screw-up. The only alternative is that she's being impersonated in Prisoner X. Dani uses her Valkyrie powers in War of the Realms, so the one in Uncanny must be real.
    No, it isn't. It is done on purpose. Like Ayala said, don't trust anything you see

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Or shes a figment of Nate's imagination.
    This is what I'm thinking. She wasn't there for Nate to catch and using a "figment" of her to keep tabs on the prison would be a good idea.

Figment of Nate's imagination.
    Figment of Legion's imagination and he'll use her against Nate.
    Mystique or some other shapeshifter impersonating her.

Danger Room creating VR scenarios. Dani Moonstar having illusion powers. The two are very similar. Something sounds fishy and this sounds like one of the more interesting plots of Age of X-Man.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

My goodness, I cant beleive people are still acting like the writer made a mistake here. If thats not Dani, its INTENTIONAL. Im sure she knows what character she is writing and this isnt some big editorial screw up

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My goodness, I cant beleive people are still acting like the writer made a mistake here. If thats not Dani, its INTENTIONAL. Im sure she knows what character she is writing and this isnt some big editorial screw up
    SSSSSHHHH

Let people continue to descend into madness even though reason dictates otherwise. It's what the X-Boards are for.

I wanted to read Prisoner X as soon as I finished the Alpha issue. Bishop's story and perspective is one of the more interesting things at play.

I bet that the "There is one more very recognizable mutant, but I want to save them for when people read the book!" thing is about Mystique, who's pretending to be Dani.

So Jean and Pixie called Mystique for the "every X-man dogpile against Nate" but not Emma?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So Jean and Pixie called Mystique for the "every X-man dogpile against Nate" but not Emma?
    Mystique was there?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Mystique was there?
    How else would she wind up in Age of X-Man if she wasn't one of the nameless masses who showed up in that final battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How else would she wind up in Age of X-Man if she wasn't one of the nameless masses who showed up in that final battle?
    I don't remember seeing her on the issue, tha tis why I'm asking. Anyway Jean called everyone, but not everyone was availiable