Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It is indeed is Kevin Maguire.
    It's from JLA Retroactive -the '90s.

Although... I really disliked the coloring. I've never been a fan of the 'spray-painted photoshop webcomic' look.
    dude is awesome...

just look at guy and booster.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    In some alternate universe, this is the preview art for the cover of JLI #200 where the team has to decide whether to save Apokolips from Mr. Nebula or save Nebula from Darkseid.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    In some alternate universe, this is the preview art for the cover of JLI #200 where the team has to decide whether to save Apokolips from Mr. Nebula or save Nebula from Darkseid.

that dude... is hilarious.

This is wonderful. A google image search credits it to one Mike Becker: https://mikejbecker.tumblr.com/post/...ketchbook-page

Extraordinary Member

dude is awesome...

Yes he is.

Sigh.

Hate that if I want to continue reading this, I have to buy the online issues. I wanna have all the tpbs on my shelf.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    This is wonderful. A google image search credits it to one Mike Becker: https://mikejbecker.tumblr.com/post/...ketchbook-page
    It's nice to see fans make art to celebrate JLI.
    It helps keep them visible, at least on a small level.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Sigh.

Hate that if I want to continue reading this, I have to buy the online issues. I wanna have all the tpbs on my shelf.
    Yeah, I can't believe this entire collection isn't in TPBS. I mean, it's 60 issues of JLA, 35 issues of JLE, some annuals, and some quarterlies. That's not a whole lot compared to some series.

Since as far as I know, there is no active Booster character thread, I waned to ask a few questions of Booster fans (inspired by post-COIE era):

Do you like Rip Hunter being his son? With the relationship they had?

Do you like him adopting Rani? Is it important to you that she exists?

Do you like Michelle being saved from death? Is it important that she die in the first place? Is it important that she exist?

If Ted must die via some circumstance, do you like the idea of him coming back? If so, through Booster time-traveling and saving him?
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-11-2019 at 06:07 PM.

First, if Beetle had to die, he should've had a more meaningful death.

Instead of character assassination to Max, a real villain would've been selected.
    A real threat would've been uncovered.
    Ted would've uncovered the plot, and it would already be in motion with the heroes unaware.
    The villain would discover Ted, have a chat and then a real struggle with Ted being killed.
    But not before he secretly transmits what he discovers to Barbara Gordon (connection to her already set up in Birds of Prey).
    The heroes then discover that something sinister has been going on and it leads to 'The Event'.

As for the villain, I would've chose Vandal Savage, Ra's al Ghul, Kobra, Brother Blood or Per Degaton.
    Someone that's a real threat.

In that scenario, Ted should stay dead.
    He goes out a hero.

His death, as it was, should've just been retconned out of existence. I wouldn't bother having Booster bring him back.
    I'd just say it never happened.

How old were the following characters?

Let’s just say at the start of Justice League International, so in 1987,

Booster Gold - He was 20 when he blew his football career. I didn’t get the feeling he stayed around the museum for more than 2 years. Let’s just say he had a year in the 1980s before joining JLI. So I’d say 23 or 24 at most. Maybe even 21 or 22.

Blue Beetle - I’d do with 27 or 28, probably. He is treated pretty young. He was Dan Garrett’s student "several years" ago. So, if he was 18 then, then maybe as young as 24 now. Possibly as old as 32, if 31 when Garrett died. But I go with late 20s.

Ice - I know by time the Global Guardians ended, she'd been a part of the modern world long enough to be used to it, judging from when we saw her and Ice receive severance pay. Other than that, I got nothing.

Fire - ???

Green Lantern - Already a college graduate when Hal got ring, but beyond that, I really don’t know. I tend to think of him as early thirties because I think of him the same age as Hal, and of Hal as 26+ when he got the ring (not based on later info, but on how he seemed to me in the silver age), but I don’t know of any actual age references for Guy in the late 1980s or early 1990s. But I haven't read a lot of Guy.

I figured they were all between 22 and 26 during the JLI years.

Beetle might be a bit older than Booster and might've hit 30 around Breakdowns, which could explain his metabolism slowing down and the weight gain.

Fantastic Member

Based on the old Unauthorised Chronology of the DC Universe which is typically fairly accurate (+/- 2-3 years) for most long-running characters:

Booster Gold: Twenty when arrived in the present ('86 published titles), so no more than 22 during Breakdowns and Death of Superman.
    Blue Beetle: Attended his 15-year High School reunion shortly before Death of Superman so was likely 33-34 at that point (definately supporting his slowing metabolism and weight gain).
    Ice: Very limited information. The only definate datapoint is that she was 13 when she left Norway (after accidently killing in her father with her powers), but an unknown period of time (but presumably at least five years) passed between this period and her membership of the Global Guardians. It's unlikely that she was more than 20 during the reference period.
    Fire: First appeared as a Wayne Enterprise (regional) president Pre-Crisis, the alternation of this to "amateur model>showgirl>secret agent" post-Crisis potentially drops it down (the former origin would suggest 30+, the former as low as mid-20s), however I'd probably put her in a similar age bracket to BB and Guy.
    Guy: Explicitly a qualified social worker by Year 1 (so no younger than mid-20s), this is broadly consistent with his overlapping college time with John Henry Irons (and therefore being about the same age as most of the JLA founders (mid-to-late 30s by "Death of Superman".).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Well, it's not Vol 7 of the TPB collection, but...

Peace