Spectrum

Default REQUEST: Looking for a Specific x-men-related Character, laser eyes?

Hi all,
    New to here, so if there is a specific place or means to go about asking a question and I am doing it wrong, apologies, please inform me of such.

I am looking for any information on a particular side character that appeared in one of the old x-men runs;

This character had laser eyes, similar to Cyclops though not as strong. was fairly young, wore normal clothes and some strange shaped glasses, though can't remember exactly what was strange about them...

He was an antagonist, and was leading like a mutant revolution, attacking humans going from town to town, and he would write something in one of the walls with his eyes whenever they attacked someplace; some ominous word like "Krakoa" or something.

I remember that he was shown a bit, I THINK, through a few issues, and it was building him up to be some kind of new big character a bad mutant "messiah" of sorts, but when the team finally cuaght wind and showed up, Cyclops beat him with relative ease.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I thought it might have been the 2001 New X-men run, but I don't really recall if Emma Frost was there, so it may have been before then.

Any help would be really appreciated, because he is a small side character, I don't think he even has a proper name, so it has made it very difficult to find him through searches.

Thanks again,
    Spectrum

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Hello i believe you are referring to a character called Boy. He appeared during the X-men story-line called Golgotha. X-men Vol 2 # 166-170. Yeah he had red eyes and eye beam powers. He seemed to be infected with some kind of virus that spread to others causing them to become very violent.

You can find issue synopsis of the story here https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...2nd-series-166
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 02-01-2019 at 04:24 AM. Reason: deleted a typo.