Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Scott and Logan have to put the X-Men back together again? Same two characters Marvel has been fixated on for over a decade like they are the only two capable X-Men. I was hoping both of them would be gone longer.

Not a a big Cyclops or Wolverine fan and not terribly interested in this rehash plot.
    Honestly it’s pretty interesting when you look at it from the perspective that it was the two of them who broke the X-Men up back in Schism and haven’t been together since are now working together to get the X-Men back together. The whole this has basically come full circle after all these years.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly it’s pretty interesting when you look at it from the perspective that it was the two of them who broke the X-Men up back in Schism and haven’t been together since are now working together to get the X-Men back together. The whole this has basically come full circle after all these years.
    That's kind of the funny thing, though. They're not putting the X-Men back. They're just gathering a bunch of x-rejects for a heroic suicide run, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That's kind of the funny thing, though. They're not putting the X-Men back. They're just gathering a bunch of x-rejects for a heroic suicide run, basically.
    Yeah, the X-Men (Jean and Kitty and their teams) are gone, they're no more.

Since when were the New Mutants “X-rejects”? If you said that about the New X-Men or Gen X, then I’d get it but not the guys who pioneered a 100-issue run which spun off into another title that lasted another 100+ issues. The last thing I’d call them are rejects.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Since when were the New Mutants “X-rejects”? If you said that about the New X-Men or Gen X, then I’d get it but not the guys who pioneered a 100-issue run which spun off into another title that lasted another 100+ issues. The last thing I’d call them are rejects.
    I dig Rosenberg's cast. Current X-Royalty clearly couldn't be bothered the give the slightest of efffs, though. Thus the x-rejects crack.

I wouldn’t call any of this team X-rejects. I mean Dani, Magik, Havok, Karma, Banshee, Wolfsbane, Hope and Jamie. That’s a pretty solid team. Sans Jamie, each member has been a part of an X-Men team at least once in the past.

BANNED

We don't even know yet if Logan will have access to all his memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I keep going back and forth with that. A part of me think that he is going to recover then by the end of RoW #5.

For another side, i believe that they are basically reboting him to undo all the mistake with his characther since the start of the century (mainly Way and Loeb work) and with him piecing his new story back together in his next solo (if it happens), if this is the case he probably won't remember much of the post-Morrison stuff.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Scott and Logan have to put the X-Men back together again? Same two characters Marvel has been fixated on for over a decade like they are the only two capable X-Men. I was hoping both of them would be gone longer.

Not a a big Cyclops or Wolverine fan and not terribly interested in this rehash plot.
    I mean, they are two of, if not the two, most popular x-characters. They haven't seen each other in a long time either. I'm actually really looking forward to this story. Things are different now too. it's a rag tag group of x-men left to protect the earth. seems cool to me and i couldn't be happier with the team

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Yeah, I think I'm fine with the direction of this book as it seems to be a return to "basics" type of story. I expect it to be exactly what it appears to be and nothing more. Considering Scott and Logan have been out of commission for awhile, it's something I'm entirely open to. The only worry I have is with the characterizations and interactions.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm fine with the direction of this book as it seems to be a return to "basics" type of story. I expect it to be exactly what it appears to be and nothing more. Considering Scott and Logan have been out of commission for awhile, it's something I'm entirely open to. The only worry I have is with the characterizations and interactions.
    Logan would in 80s mode, his glory days. Scott too probably. Not the 90s, that Scott was too well ajusted.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I mean, they are two of, if not the two, most popular x-characters. They haven't seen each other in a long time either. I'm actually really looking forward to this story. Things are different now too. it's a rag tag group of x-men left to protect the earth. seems cool to me and i couldn't be happier with the team
    The team had me at Wolverine and Cyclops. Can’t remember who else is on it. Doesn’t really matter. Ha.

BANNED

I like it but I do wish Scott had a man-bun if he’s gonna be scruffy let him be sexy too gah damn

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    As I said, they're being set up to be the least mentally scarred characters on the book. It's not going to be perfect, but they're each coming into this sort of fresh. They each sat out, had some time to think. It's going to be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Even if his memory is ****, he'll still remember that he doesn't like Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    I like it but I do wish Scott had a man-bun if he’s gonna be scruffy let him be sexy too gah damn
    man-bun is sexy? people have different tastes I guess