Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The tone of the story begins like any other that's why stories involving extinction should stop for a while and do something different although I admit the art is great.

At least we know the vaccine is a trap and it is not what it seems.

I can not say it's a good start but I prefer to stay with Uncanny and Cyclops than Age of X-man.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, every x-men story starts the same. And they always touch the same topics, but that is kind of the point of superhero books. Everything goes back to the status quo, and yet for as much as some people complain they keep reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I can not say it's a good start but I prefer to stay with Uncanny and Cyclops than Age of X-man.
    Me too, not a fan of AU stories, even if they are with the original characters
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-01-2019 at 06:13 AM.

I like it.

BANNED

One thing that I hope is that they actually deliver on what Thompson said on that email to a retailer, that was posted in one of the threada here, that the stories in AoXM and Uncanny are two parts of the plot and converge in an actually significant way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Dead Souls ended up a Phalanx Covenant rehash? You MUST be joking as it had no ties with the Phalanx at all. It was a story of Tran, the big bad bro of Karma returning, Magik putting kittens through limbo and Warlock's return.

Did you read the mini at all? It had not a thing in common with the Phalanx crossover.
    Phalanx is a term for humans infected with the transmode virus, which is what the New Mutants became. They arent true Technarch like Warlock, but lifeorms infected with the TO virus, hence the term Phalanx to differentiate them. I will agree that the mini series was nothing likt the Phalanx Covenant though. The last few pages which changed the status quo doesnt make it a rehash of the event

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    One thing that I hope is that they actually deliver on what Thompson said on that email to a retailer, that was posted in one of the threada here, that the stories in AoXM and Uncanny are two parts of the plot and converge in an actually significant way.
    Good that writers are working on the continuity.

The stories are repeating so much, that they put it on a comic page

Mighty Member

Homo superior is starting to sound more and more ironic by the issue since genocide against them happens and succeeds mind you every other Wednesday.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    So somehow and scott and his team will find out where all the AoXM are and try to free them and the AoXM mutants somehow knowing about regular 616 trying to get back?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I can't say the preview is particularly exciting, and the art isn't for me either. I'm personally more excited for #12. This issue is centered on Scott and Logan and the entire 'mutants are a dying species' thing again from what I can tell. I'm waiting on Dani, Illyana & Sean next issue. Maybe some Emma or Roberto depending on what Rosenberg is doing with them while the X-Men are away.

One thing I am interested in, which likely won't even be addressed, is how many X-Men and fellow mutants remain in 616? From what I can tell, there are still dozens of them around, based upon who didn't show up for the Disassembled battle.
    Rogue and Gambit missed Disassembled because they're in Mojoworld. Cannonball got lucky, he was injured and got teleported to safety, allowing him to rejoin X-Force. Cable, Warpath, Shatterstar, Domino and Boom-Boom (the other X-Force members) are also still around. X (the Professor in Fantomiex's body) should be around somewhere. So is Jimmy Hudson. Most of the villains too (looks like the Avengers and Champions are going to be busy). And obviously, the people who are joining Cyclops and Wolverine, including the New Mutants and that coward Multiple Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Looks awesome
    Yep. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Pretty sure I see where they're going with this.

They're going to start the story as dire as possible and end it optimistically in order to subvert the narration.
    I'm down for that. It'd be a nice change.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Does anyone else find it amusing that they still haven't fixed the spelling error on the "Worthtington" files Scott is reading?
    X-Editors hard at work people.

Not supporting Salvador Larroca, but not really grabbed by this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That’s what I thought you meant, just wanted to make sure. Why not? Daredevil is awesome, and I’ve said it before - I’d read a Cyclops solo written by Mark Waid in the vein of his Daredevil run. Is it the brooding or the martial arts? I’ve always thought Scott shouldn’t be a slouch in CQC; not a top-tier martial artist, but competent.
    I like when Scott uses his hand to hand combat skills. He's been established as being well-versed in the art of judo, as shown against Wolverine during the original Proteus saga. He made short work of a group of prisoners during the aftermath of AvX and he's also been shown to be a competent fighter with his eyes closed just to name a few examples.

The preview art is enjoyable. While it's nice to get a narrative from Scott, I'm just kind of over mutants facing extinction again. I'm still going to read this because I'm hoping for more character focused stories and this could be a good start to that. I'm also happy to see Scott back and his perspective on things and how his relationship with others (especially Logan) will be handled.

BANNED

This looks like the only half decent X-men comic in the past 5 years