Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Does anybody like that cover? why is Colossus holding Beast like that? What's going on with Jean's arm and face? Does Storm have a mohawk there? Why are Rogue's hands like that? Wolverine's legs?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Does anybody like that cover? why is Colossus holding Beast like that? What's going on with Jean's arm and face? Does Storm have a mohawk there? Why are Rogue's hands like that? Wolverine's legs?
    And why is Nightcrawler on that '90s lineup?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I actually dig Xavier's super creepy eyes and Storm's awesomely ridiculous Rock Star Fist Pumping or whatever the hell she's doing.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The art isn't bad, but its nowhere near as good as X-Treme X-Men. Storm's mohawk looks really bad on that cover unfortunately, and its sad because I don't recall her having one while she had that costume.

Despite liking most of the cast, I'm still not too interested in this. Maybe I'll check it out if people really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We do have to consider that backdrop of the entire mini was setting up Warlock to infect Christian McKnight (nice subtlety) and eventually like 60% of the cast.
    I guess but the Warlock stuff felt so forgettable and would pop up in the lsat page or 2. I never read that mini and thought it was a Phalanx Covenant rehash the way I read Disassembled and instantly was drawn to past stories

This isn't grabbing me, especially compared to Age of X-man. I have faith that this will be better than Disassembled since it will be a bit more focused, but Cyclops standing against extinction in a bleak world is way too familiar. A vaccination also isn't the most compelling extinction metaphor since it carelessly mixes anti-vax, eugenic, and disability elements together.
    Same here. Maybe this will deliver, but I can't say it's really gotten my attention, as yet. I'll be content to read reviews before spending money on it.

Always the teacher Mr Summers.

This isn't grabbing me, especially compared to Age of X-man. I have faith that this will be better than Disassembled since it will be a bit more focused, but Cyclops standing against extinction in a bleak world is way too familiar. A vaccination also isn't the most compelling extinction metaphor since it carelessly mixes anti-vax, eugenic, and disability elements together.
    Extinction stories are tiresome but I think the real world parallels with this one are different from previous iterations.

And the way the story is being told isn't known yet. This could be a great mixture of sci-fi social commentary on the multiple topics you pointed out. The idea of deporting mutants was completely dropped from Gold, but here we have a complex issue with stopping mutation, treating it like a debilitating genetic disease, and other concomitant social effects. We [or some of us, rather] will see on Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

This is essentially the Blue and Gold teams back in 1991. Colossus is holding Beast in a fastball special.

Last edited by jalsrix; 02-01-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Where has Costume design gone? Why can't they give Scott a brand new never seen before suit? You know give him the same fresh start they gave Jean.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Where has Costume design gone? Why can't they give Scott a brand new never seen before suit? You know give him the same fresh start they gave Jean.
    I didn't care for Jean's new costume...

But I'm not sure there are a ton of new looks for Scott. There's only so many that can work and not look silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Jean’s costume is an even shittier derivative of her already shitty ‘90s design.

BANNED

Ha, Psylocke looks like Spider-Man

What is Phylocke doing up there, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rogue and Gambit missed Disassembled because they're in Mojoworld. Cannonball got lucky, he was injured and got teleported to safety, allowing him to rejoin X-Force. Cable, Warpath, Shatterstar, Domino and Boom-Boom (the other X-Force members) are also still around. X (the Professor in Fantomex's body) should be around somewhere. So is Jimmy Hudson. Most of the villains too (looks like the Avengers and Champions are going to be busy). And obviously, the people who are joining Cyclops and Wolverine, including the New Mutants and that coward Multiple Man.
    I'm aware of all this. Appreciate you dropping the details for anyone who wasn't aware though. It will be interesting to see what writers choose to do with 'X' and Poison, and whether or not they factor into any upcoming stories. I kinda hope not tbh as I don't like either of them.

As for the unknowns, we've still no idea where Emma Frost, Sunspot, Siryn, Strong Guy, Chamber, Blink, Danger, Hellion, Dust, Hindsight, Hollow, Face, Mondo, Mystique and Magneto's Brotherhood are up to during Disassembled/Age of X-Man/Uncanny. And these characters are hardly even a deep dive. As you say, there are of course all the mutant villains scattered across the MU too, who will be keeping the 616 teams busy
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 02-01-2019 at 10:38 PM.