Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Yeah, I think you might be one of the only ones who'd take the sex raids over any reference to Zeus.

I rather they do what they did in the movie. Skip over the origin and just give us how Diana got here.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Wasn’t serious about that last post. Lol I just fail to see any long-term storytelling potential with Zeus as a blood relative. It was an interesting change to tell an ok-ish story (which I still feel wasn’t necessary), preferably as an out-of-continuity elseworld. Drama among the pantheon with Diana thrown in the mix has been done before. To me, the premise reads like “I have daddy issues because my father just so happens to be a patriarch among patriarchs”. “By extension, I’m now a member of a dysfunctional family who can’t sort out their issues orderly”. But now that it’s over, can we go back? It’s kinda like the writers who get on this book to write around Diana because they may not find her interesting or don’t like what she represents...so yeah, it’s still “canon” in a way that it seems TPTB want it to stick, but not to the point where writers have to explicitly mention it, or write from a perspective that goes around it.

BTW: who is behind the writing/producing of this?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Hopefully it's an adaption of sorts of Rucka's Rebirth run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I rather they do what they did in the movie. Skip over the origin and just give us how Diana got here.
    Eh, skip that too and start with her already pretty established.

I hope its not an origin story.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, skip that too and start with her already pretty established.
    This. I’m so utterly bored of WW and Superman Origin stories. Let’s get some Year 2/3 stories going already ffs.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This. I’m so utterly bored of WW and Superman Origin stories. Let’s get some Year 2/3 stories going already ffs.
    I hope they do this and have the villain be Silver Swan but I'm guessing that it will be about the BanaMigdall or a Zeus story.

Whatever it is, hopefully for the Gods they'll either take inspiration from Perez's classics or Azz. The Rebirth looks are so damn bland.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I hope its not an origin story.
    Unfortunately, the title "Bloodlines" sounds exactly like an origin story. I mean, I know it was a cheesy 90s event, but outside of that, it sounds like a story about Diana "discovering of whom she was really borne."

But hey! Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Unfortunately, the title "Bloodlines" sounds exactly like an origin story. I mean, I know it was a cheesy 90s event, but outside of that, it sounds like a story about Diana "discovering of whom she was really borne."

But hey! Maybe not.
    They've already done her origin twice now with both her first animated movie and the still pretty fresh in everybody's minds live action version. I don't care if it is family drama with the gods and Zeus is her dad, just as long as it isn't an origin story. I mean, I'd still watch it and probably enjoy it even if it was another origin, but we've got enough of that on screen by now I think.

James Tucker has the film listed under his Twitter account, so I'm guessing it's an in-continuity film.

I wonder if they'll work in her Young Justice: Outsiders costume into this movie, since Reign of the Superman ended with Superman sporting his.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    James Tucker has the film listed under his Twitter account, so I'm guessing it's an in-continuity film.

I wonder if they'll work in her Young Justice: Outsiders costume into this movie, since Reign of the Superman ended with Superman sporting his.
    I imagine so, since the Outsiders costume was made to match up with her animated movie costume.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I imagine so, since the Outsiders costume was made to match up with her animated movie costume.
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same design save the battle skirt, which they can probably easily have her just start wearing in this movie.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same design save the battle skirt, which they can probably easily have her just start wearing in this movie.
    Is it the same design as what she’s wearing in young Justice now?