Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Still don’t like the fact Etta is black

Attachment 84894
    And Diana is way too white.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines - Sneak Peek:

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This is looking better & better! I love the designs for the villains and we're getting the Invisible Jet!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This is looking better & better! I love the designs for the villains and we're getting the Invisible Jet!
    And the Purple Ray .

It is looking really good. I also like the design and animation of Diana's hair. How it flowed when she was swimming in the water gave me Ariel vibes for a second.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

It's a prequel to war meaning she might change her costume at the end. I mean Superman still has his new 52 costume. I hope it won't be the case.

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines is an upcoming animated film, the second animated Wonder Woman film and the the twelfth feature length film in the DC Animated Film Universe is slated to be released on October 22, 2019. It is a prequel to Justice League: War, telling Wonder Woman's origins.
    Does this mean we have to listen to the daddy Zeus origins?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-03-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It's a prequel to war meaning she might change her costume at the end. I mean Superman still has his new 52 costume. I hope it won't be the case.
    You see her wearing the costume she left Themyscira with Steve in while she's talking to bearded Steve, and those scenes are set in the modern day.

I think this is like Rucka's Rebirth run where she starts it wearing her War suit but ends up going back to her "old" costume, IE the Rebirth look.
    Does this mean we have to listen to the daddy Zeus origins?
    I think it's "Origins" as in becoming a Superhero. That's why we see her meeting Steve and leaving Themyscira.

To be honest, I was kind of surprised Zeus and the Greek Gods didn't come up at all in the sneak peek. They might not come up at all besides being Diana's patrons. Maybe they won't even mention her parentage.

Mairghread Scott is writing for the script for this which makes me doubt there will be much focus on Zeus, which is a good thing. Diana being Zeus’ kid is going to be the status quo going forward so I’ve made my peace with it. But having a comic book writer doing the script makes me even more excited for this movie. DoS was written by Tomasi and the movie benefitted from it. He knows who Superman and Lois are given that he wrote them in his run, and that lifted the quality. I don’t know if Scott has written Diana as extensively as Tomasi wrote Clark but I feel much more confident with her writing the script than that usual DCAMU people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mairghread Scott is writing for the script for this which makes me doubt there will be much focus on Zeus, which is a good thing. Diana being Zeus’ kid is going to be the status quo going forward so I’ve made my peace with it. But having a comic book writer doing the script makes me even more excited for this movie. DoS was written by Tomasi and the movie benefitted from it. He knows who Superman and Lois are given that he wrote them in his run, and that lifted the quality. I don’t know if Scott has written Diana as extensively as Tomasi wrote Clark but I feel much more confident with her writing the script than that usual DCAMU people.
    I'm not sure if she's ever written Diana at all. Comic-wise I can only think of her Batgirl run as far as DC work.

I didn't have much expectations for this movie, but the sneak peek (also posted above) lowered them quite a bit.

The talk about the Amazon ethos being "do the right thing, no matter the cost" feels far too mired in duty ethics, and emphasises principles over people. Wonder Woman's strongest stories focus on her helping people, and putting people before principles or "the mission". It's apparent in the 2017 movie, and it's even more apparent in The Hiketeia.

Likewise, the discussion about Vanessa becoming a supervillain is presented as some sort of inevitable family dynamic where the "perfect" sibling will "create" the bad sibling. I'm not buying that dynamic.

I'm also really leery about the line that Steve is the first person to love Diana the person. I think it misses the take that Diana is the child of a thousand mothers. Her fundamental origin is that she comes from a place where she is loved, and she gives that up so she can help others.

I liked what they said about Themyscira being advanced while keeping a classical aesthetic, but it's tricky to do in practice, so we'll see how they manage the execution there.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You see her wearing the costume she left Themyscira with Steve in while she's talking to bearded Steve, and those scenes are set in the modern day.

I think this is like Rucka's Rebirth run where she starts it wearing her War suit but ends up going back to her "old" costume, IE the Rebirth look.

I think it's "Origins" as in becoming a Superhero. That's why we see her meeting Steve and leaving Themyscira.

To be honest, I was kind of surprised Zeus and the Greek Gods didn't come up at all in the sneak peek. They might not come up at all besides being Diana's patrons. Maybe they won't even mention her parentage.

I hope you're right about Diana ditching the War costume. I've never really appreciated it much. The Rebirth costume is far superior IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Really liking the design for Dr. Cyber in this.

Looks like Julia got her classic role reinstated and won't be killed off like in Rebirth, which is good. Looks like Barbara Ann is back to pre-Flashpoint enemy from the beginning status though, which is kind of lame. But I guess it would be too much to squeeze into one movie,.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Really liking the design for Dr. Cyber in this.

Looks like Julia got her classic role reinstated and won't be killed off like in Rebirth, which is good. Looks like Barbara Ann is back to pre-Flashpoint enemy from the beginning status though, which is kind of lame. But I guess it would be too much to squeeze into one movie,.
    I dunno, I got the feeling Julia's death is what spirals Vanessa into becoming the Silver Swan again. I really hope not though.

I absolutely love Dr. Cyber's design too! Can't wait to see more of her.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I dunno, I got the feeling Julia's death is what spirals Vanessa into becoming the Silver Swan again. I really hope not though.

I absolutely love Dr. Cyber's design too! Can't wait to see more of her.
    There is that, you might be right. Hopefully not though. At the very least, it looks like we will get to know this version of Julia a bit before she gets killed off. it can't be worse than what Robinson did.

They might be pulling from Cyber's Rebirth origins for this, in which case I hope the comics return the favor and use this as inspiration to give Adrianna a body to pilot.
    Sidebar, I'm re-reading Rucka's first run and somebody really needs to bring back Leslie. Rucka changing Dr. Anderson's first name can't be a coincidence, I'd love for a writer to establish they are sisters.

FINALLY we are getting to see a plethora of Wonder rogues against Wonder Woman.