Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
Anybody more recent and specifically on the DC side of the fence?
And it's not like there aren't plenty of notable male villains to spare when one of them is reformed or give more moral grayness. We are lacking in unrepentent female villains of notoriety. Ivy was the major example we had, especially in Gotham where she is arguably the most powerful villain. I'm not even saying she should be any more evil than the male villains or not have her share of Pet the Dog moments, but downplaying her darker tendencies and even erasing them from canon is a step too far.

I don't recognize an Ivy who feels guilty over believing she killed four dudes who were willing to kill her first and drew guns. Yeah, she has genuine love for Harley (which she can express in unhealthy and abusive ways) and a soft spot for kids, but no way would she be such a wuss. Though on the other end of the spectrum, I don't recognize that one issue of Detective where she made snuff films. That was OTT even for Dini's Ivy.
That was Poison Ivy's best comic though! It was super cute! Its also not that far from her second appearance where she transformed her servant into a tree person.