Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I want to own it now!!! Ugh! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That looks great! That Cheetah looks like she’s going to be fantastic, she’s got Diana beat in speed which I like. Really looking forward to this even more now! Did their budget get raised, it looks like the animation has improved here somewhat, and Hush looked better than previous movies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That looks great! That Cheetah looks like she’s going to be fantastic, she’s got Diana beat in speed which I like. Really looking forward to this even more now! Did their budget get raised, it looks like the animation has improved here somewhat, and Hush looked better than previous movies as well.
    Good trailer, but is she going to wear that bloody awful Jane Fonda workout leotard version of her costume for the whole movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Good trailer, but is she going to wear that bloody awful Jane Fonda workout leotard version of her costume for the whole movie?
    For the majority of it yeah I suspect she will, only to switch to the “old”/Rebirth outfit at or near the end.

I assume she puts back on the Rebirth suit around the scene where we see Steve suiting up.

Also looks like they've re-purposed the Hall of Justice into her base? Or the base of whatever organization she, Steve, and Etta work for?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Yep, she get invisible Jet from men.

I assume she puts back on the Rebirth suit around the scene where we see Steve suiting up.

Also looks like they've re-purposed the Hall of Justice into her base? Or the base of whatever organization she, Steve, and Etta work for?
    Kind of makes sense, the Hall is in D.C. right? Or is it in Metropolis? The League has the Watchtower now so they don’t need the Hall anymore.

Kind of makes sense, the Hall is in D.C. right? Or is it in Metropolis? The League has the Watchtower now so they don’t need the Hall anymore.
    It was originally in Metropolis since that's where Superman's fight with Doomsday was where it go trashed.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wonder if Cheetah is getting a power up during the climax, or if these buffed up transformations are part of her normal power set. She may be the one to give Diana the greatest physical fight in this. I hope their Rebirth connection is in place, because I'd love parallels to be drawn between her and Vanessa: the friend who she failed and is beyond saving and the one there is still hope for.

Cyber and Poison are noted as being the ones to declare war on Themyscira, but no mention or appearance from Cale beyond that one shot in the behind the scenes segment we got. There seems to be a lot of ground to cover in this, I hope it's not too crowded. It makes me wish we got a WW animated series instead of a DTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Yep, she get invisible Jet from men.
    It may not even be hers, it may be Steve's for general use for the group.

What does she need it for? She's flying, possibly right out of the gate, which defeats the purpose of her needing the plane from the Amazons in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wonder if Cheetah is getting a power up during the climax, or if these buffed up transformations are part of her normal power set. She may be the one to give Diana the greatest physical fight in this. I hope their Rebirth connection is in place, because I'd love parallels to be drawn between her and Vanessa: the friend who she failed and is beyond saving and the one there is still hope for.
    I think it's a transformation. The promo art had her looking more human and in the sneak peek it looks like she transforms into a more feral, beast form.
    Cyber and Poison are noted as being the ones to declare war on Themyscira, but no mention or appearance from Cale beyond that one shot in the behind the scenes segment we got. There seems to be a lot of ground to cover in this, I hope it's not too crowded. It makes me wish we got a WW animated series instead of a DTV.
    I think they're setting up a twist or reveal that Cale is behind Villainy inc. Otherwise, why even have her in the movie?

Ugh, anther origin story...I'm so sick of origin stories.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I think it's a transformation. The promo art had her looking more human and in the sneak peek it looks like she transforms into a more feral, beast form.

I think they're setting up a twist or reveal that Cale is behind Villainy inc. Otherwise, why even have her in the movie?
    I expect Cale to be the one financing the group, but personally I’d prefer to keep Cale in the background for this movie and let Silver Swan, Poison, Cyber, and Cheetah take the spotlight. Let Cale and Circe be the main villains for a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The story mostly takes place in the present day, with some flashbacks I expect. It’s not retelling Diana’s origin I don’t think.

I expect Cale to be the one financing the group, but personally I’d prefer to keep Cale in the background for this movie and let Silver Swan, Poison, Cyber, and Cheetah take the spotlight. Let Cale and Circe be the main villains for a sequel.
    It's probably likely Cale is a secret backer. I don't expect her to be on the frontlines with the other villains.
    The story mostly takes place in the present day, with some flashbacks I expect. It’s not retelling Diana’s origin I don’t think.
    Yeah, I think the origin is more for context then anything else.

Although it looks like they're skipping the contest again. I don't remember the last time they used it in an adaption, but I guess they don't have time for something that's kind of more elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Right?!? I love the fact that so many great villains will appear but did we really need yet another origin story? We have the first WW animated movie and the live action film already. The origin with Steve crashing is just gonna take up valuable story time.

Unless it really is just a flashback and they can cover it in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-07-2019 at 11:14 AM.

I think there's a difference between an origin story and just showing the origin.