Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

I'm curious to how much time devoted to origin there will be. I wonder if it'll be just enough to give an excuse to see the "she can't go back" bit (instead of just hearing a line of dialog) or will be more (presumably so the non-comic-reading audience will care about saving the place?).

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm curious to how much time devoted to origin there will be. I wonder if it'll be just enough to give an excuse to see the "she can't go back" bit (instead of just hearing a line of dialog) or will be more (presumably so the non-comic-reading audience will care about saving the place?).
    I think it'll be about 5-10 minutes. Then we get the Kapatelis stuff, and then the modern day content.

I'm curious they state this is a prequel to Wars. So won't this mean it's A flashback movie

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't consider it an origin story if there is going to be a timeskip to well after she's established, and seemingly most of the films run time takes place there.

Most of the trailer is devoted to an origin story so I'm just responding to what is presented here. If its only flashbacks that's better, but I would prefer a straight story.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Most of the trailer is devoted to an origin story so I'm just responding to what is presented here. If its only flashbacks that's better, but I would prefer a straight story.
    I think only 1/3 of the trailer is the origin story. Most of it is Diana fighting Villainy Inc.

I wouldn't even care if it was an origin story as I am starved for WW content.

I guess we can call this an origin trailer lol

If they do plan on making more animated flicks with her--- before another ten years roll by--- then they will be getting the origin out of the way to focus on newer stuff.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Anyone notice the stunning shortage of sword scenes? Hopefully, that's a trend throughout the whole movie! Love it!
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 08-07-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'd like to point out that Diana is lacking in a lot of solo media material so another origin story wouldn't be so egregious.

I wonder what the title Bloodlines refers to.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Let's get her to write Diana's solo book! I think she's just what Diana's rogues gallery needs. Someone who is passionate about them and treats them as the serious threats that they are.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Let's get her to write Diana's solo book! I think she's just what Diana's rogues gallery needs. Someone who is passionate about them and treats them as the serious threats that they are.
    Heck with that! Introduce her to Patty Jenkins and have her write Wonder Woman 3! Imagine her love of Diana's rogues with a multi-million dollar budget to back it up!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

This movie looks like a good set-up for the comic.

The classic, regular cast is Wonder Woman, Etta Candy, Steve Trevor, Doc Julia and Ferdinand the Minotaur...perfect.

Retconning Silver Swan's origin with Nessie and Diana's friendship is tricky, but, not impossible. If Nessie's a child, when meeting Diana for the first time, I think at least seven years should pass between that meeting ..and Nessie becoming an adult Silver Swan. If twenty-one years old Diana befriends Nessie, a small twelve, ..Nessie has seven years to become a warped nineteen-year old Swan, battling a twenty-eight years old Diana. I wonder, if Diana meets Doc Julia, through trouble with Nessie (Silver Sw.), or if she meets Nessie, through working with Julia. The Robinson run moved some of the pieces around, as I recall.

The new Villainy Inc. enlists Veronica Cale, Doctor Cyber, Poison Alpha, the Cheetah, Circe, Giganta and the Silver Swan.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-08-2019 at 07:17 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

If you are going to redo the origin story (don’t see why you would, the last animated flick did a perfectly fine job, as did the live action movie) at least do a unique spin on it. This looks like more of what we’ve seen already, she findsSteve’s ship, gotta go save Man’s world, her mom disapproves and is sad. It’s nice to see more of Diana’s rogues being used, but this looks too by the numbers to be exited for. Animation looks fine, it’s different but not in a particularly better or worse way than the rest of the new 52 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    If you are going to redo the origin story (don’t see why you would, the last animated flick did a perfectly fine job, as did the live action movie) at least do a unique spin on it. This looks like more of what we’ve seen already, she findsSteve’s ship, gotta go save Man’s world, her mom disapproves and is sad. It’s nice to see more of Diana’s rogues being used, but this looks too by the numbers to be exited for. Animation looks fine, it’s different but not in a particularly better or worse way than the rest of the new 52 movies.
    This one had the Purple Ray .

Although I think it would be more of an issue if the origin seemed to be a bigger part of the movie then it is.