Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

What would be so bad in making Cheetah sexy? One thing I often wondered what would happen if she gained the ability to transform back into a human. What should be different about her human form?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

When she's in Cheetah form, I don't think she should be sexy at all. She's cursed and it's very unpleasant. There should be a lot of uncanny valley and body horror involved. I think removing the long hair has helped with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    When she's in Cheetah form, I don't think she should be sexy at all. She's cursed and it's very unpleasant. There should be a lot of uncanny valley and body horror involved. I think removing the long hair has helped with that.
    I think it depends what you're going for with Cheetah. I think the power fantasy is part of why Minerva even does the transformation, so the sexy aspect and long hair can be part of it, but the downside of the beast element (or the upside since it makes her more dangerous) should also be a factor.

Not a fan how they made Cheetah look. Her upper body is far too big, and makes her seem far too focused on strength. Cheetah should all about speed in her looks.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Not a fan how they made Cheetah look. Her upper body is far too big, and makes her seem far too focused on strength. Cheetah should all about speed in her looks.
    She does have speed though. The sneak peek showed her zooming past Diana like The Flash.

It's not that she isn't fast it's that all about speed is more of being lean than being buff

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What would be so bad in making Cheetah sexy? One thing I often wondered what would happen if she gained the ability to transform back into a human. What should be different about her human form?
    I personally liked this look quite a lot:

But I also like the idea of that being a temporarily in-control form, and when she gets triggered she goes full were-cheetah like this:

Also this means her relationship with Snapper Carr isn't as weird. I mean if she's always full were-cat that'd be really weird, but if she can switch to a nearly human form, it's not as weird.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 08-11-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Her relationship with Snapper Carr is weird no matter what form she's in. It's one of the things about Cheetah that I'd like to forget ever happening.

The movie comes out October 5th on digital, and October 22nd for the physical release.

I assume October 22nd will also be when it hits DC Universe.

New clip:

I wonder how this will do. With how the New 52 based animated universe is. I wish it wasn't a new 52 based one is.

Late to the party so sorry if a repeat, but Cree Summer as Hippolyta? That's definitely not what I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Late to the party so sorry if a repeat, but Cree Summer as Hippolyta? That's definitely not what I was expecting.
    This isn't the first time she's played Hippolyta. She also played her in the new DC Super Hero Girls.

Though it does feel very fitting to have her play the mother to Rosario Dawson's Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This isn't the first time she's played Hippolyta. She also played her in the new DC Super Hero Girls.

Though it does feel very fitting to have her play the mother to Rosario Dawson's Diana.
    I see. I don't watch DC Superhero Girls or anything DC-related these days minus the movies (live-action or animated) so I wasn't aware. I wonder how she's going to play it. She's got good range as a voice actress.

We can hear her for a bit in one of the trailers