Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I love Cree Summer’s va work, her resume is long. Her take on Hippolyta is interesting, definitely gives her a slight raspy edge.

Incredible Member

Somehow I only just found out about this today. I guess when I saw the thread, I thought it was a comic series or something.

...and I'm kind of left wondering why they didn't just make a sequel to the previous animated film? I thought I could fan wank that this was a sequel and that Wonder Woman was just wearing a different costume and that she and Steve had different voices, but they're also apparently retelling her origin story here so it's just a completely rebooted continuity. Why?

They make so few Wonder Woman animated films would it really have killed them to tie two of them together? Ares was so much the focus of the first movie they could have easily brought in these new villains and told much of the same story, I would think, and reuse the old designs and maybe even Keri Russell and Nathan Fillion again. Of course, I'm not especially fond of that first film, so I guess I should be happy that they're rebooting? I don't know. From the trailer, I think I'll find plenty to dislike about this one too.

I don't mind Cheetah being bigger and badder because at least it's an original take. But even from the trailer I can tell that the voice acting is very stilted. Andrea Romano can't be the only person in the industry capable of directing a group of actors to give performances that actually mesh well with one another....right?

I love that Vanessa is front-and-center on the cover art and apparently in the film as well, but her relationship with Diana was built up so well and so gradually over the course of several years worth of comics that seeing them throw her into the film as the Silver Swan seems so cheap and minimizes so much of the effect of her transformation.

Between her, Doctor Cyber, Cheetah, Giganta and Doctor Poison, something tells me we won't have much time to establish any of these villains.

I'm sure Rosario Dawson will do a great job voicing her though.

Mighty Member

They should have just made an animated Hikateia(sp?) and changed the main girl into Silver Swan or something.

They wouldn’t die a sequel to the original one since most of their animated movie are now in the same world in many of the Batman movies.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I don't mind Cheetah being bigger and badder because at least it's an original take. But even from the trailer I can tell that the voice acting is very stilted. Andrea Romano can't be the only person in the industry capable of directing a group of actors to give performances that actually mesh well with one another....right?
    Cheetah is going to have multiple forms I think, I expect her hulked out one to be in the climax.

I do agree with the impressions on the voice casting. Hush was playing at a comic shop I visited, and everyone sounded like they took a dramamine before recording.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cheetah is going to have multiple forms I think, I expect her hulked out one to be in the climax.

I do agree with the impressions on the voice casting. Hush was playing at a comic shop I visited, and everyone sounded like they took a dramamine before recording.
    Well O’Mara is the weakest of the JL VAs imo which is a problem when DC’s go to solution for everything is “shove Batman into it”.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-05-2019 at 08:00 AM.

I think this movie is going to have some Superman Red Son clip added..

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well O’Mars is the weakest of the JL VAs imo which is a problem when DC’s go to solution for everything is “shove Batman into it”.
    I think O'Mara works better when he has more lively VA's to play off of as Batman. I thought he sounded better in Death and Reign then he did in Hush.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Just bought my copy on iTunes!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Is the digital release of Bloodlines only available in USA ?
    If no, can you give me links to buy it please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynda View Post
    Is the digital release of Bloodlines only available in USA ?
    If no, can you give me links to buy it please ?
    I just checked the iTunes store for SE. They estimate availability on 8 October. I expect other digital retailers will follow the same schedule.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Just bought my copy on iTunes!
    I bought mine as well! I can't wait to watch later today.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar