Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Wow, Diana looks very beautiful in that vid. Steve also looks great, and Etta looks fine too. I wish Diana used these characters more. I like how supportive they were to her.

How come Greg Ruka was credited as the creator of Cale and Ferdinand yet Perez doesn't get credited for his creations?

Don't know. Dc has a way of screwing over writers and artist

I'm going to guess Rucka negotiated a deal with his contract where he gets credited for characters he created whereas Perez didn't/doesn't have that.

I just watched Bloodlines last night and thought it was GREAT!!!!! It has me really wanting a Wonder Woman animated series, which I think is LONG overdue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with Etta being black so long as they write her better then she was in the Rebirth run.

I don't really need to see the Cheetah romance adapted either.
    If turning Etta black means that she has to less funny, less fat, less weird, less grotesque, than original white-Etta, because a fat, ridiculous, grotesque black woman isn't politically correct...

Etta should be left, as she was, ..white and absurd.

Its not fair to us longstanding fans that we be forced or shamed into accepting a lesser Etta ..just to forward some wokey political agenda.

The false premise, with black Etta, is that having her in the comic attracts a larger, more diverse readership. Id like to see the sales figures, which support that idea.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-30-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I really disliked Etta's design for this movie. It was Superman vs. the Elite bad.

Speaking of Etta, that scene at the end where

spoilers:
    she was hanging on to two lovestruck/lusting Amazons, I thought it was pretty tacky. It just made the non-main Amazons seem even more useless. Disposable in battle, disposable in relationships.
    end of spoilers

I just rented this movie. I’m three minutes into it. They can say “sh#t”??? Woah... LOL

Nine minutes into it...Diana battles Hippolyta to escape the island???

Great Hera! And I thought that animated WW film from 2009 was misguided. Not sure I’ll finish this one.

Fantastic Member

I prefer Wonder Woman entering the tournament without her mother knowing about it and winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I prefer Wonder Woman entering the tournament without her mother knowing about it and winning.
    Of course! That was all the conflict you needed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Of course! That was all the conflict you needed.
    I think the writers wanted to make Wonder Woman more of a rebel independent character.

Instead of earning and proving to Hippolyta and her sisters to be the best Amazon on the island, she choose to leave the island for the outside world whether the Gods or Hippolyta likes it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I think the writers wanted to make Wonder Woman more of a rebel independent character.

Instead of earning and proving to Hippolyta and her sisters to be the best Amazon on the island, she choose to leave the island for the outside world whether the Gods or Hippolyta likes it or not.
    Yes, they decided to reinvent the wheel to give her qualities (rebel, independent) that Marston’s version already indicated!

Brilliant.

Diana seems like a “tough guy”. And the island seems like a place anyone couldn’t wait to the hell away from. Spare me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Yes, they decided to reinvent the wheel to give her qualities (rebel, independent) that Marston’s version already indicated!

Brilliant.

Diana seems like a “tough guy”. And the island seems like a place anyone couldn’t wait to the hell away from. Spare me.
    It all started in the Justice League animated series back in 2001. Diana sense danger in the outside world. Hippolyta doesn't even care or the Gods. So Diana steals the armor and lasso without earning it and left the island.