Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Is it the same design as what she’s wearing in young Justice now?
    The basic design is pretty much the same, it's just in YJ she has a battle skirt like the Rebirth/Gadot costume, which she hasn't had in the animated movies (yet).

apparently Rosario Dawson is back for this movie as WW..

https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/02...oodlines-more/

No. No more new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

I figured it would be in-continuity.

I'm kind of surprised George Newbern isn't in it unless they're re-casting Steve (or just not including him at all).

Nia Vardolos - Hippolyta?

Adrienne C. Moore - Etta Candy?

I imagine the rest of the female cast is probably playing Amazons or maybe some of the female Gods. Maybe Cheetah? One of them might be Donna, too.

Michael Dorn is probably a God (Zeus? Ares?).

Ray Chase was Etrigan in Justice League Dark, so either he's popping up or he's playing a God here...or he's the new Steve Trevor? I dunno .

Mighty Member

I hope the silver swan prediction is true because she needs a major story that isn't about greek mythology or her origin for once.

Well my excitement for this movie just got torpedoed.

I don't know if I'm a minority, but I'm not a fan of Rosario Dawson's Wonder Woman work. I like her as an actress, but her Diana leaves me cold. Sounds too stiff and forced--though maybe that's just poor direction.

More disappointing is this pretty much confirms Bloodlines will be in current animated-verse...therefore the same s**ty New52-inspired Wonder Woman we were stuck with for Death of Superman and Justice League Dark and JLA/Titans, etc.
    I really don't understand why Warner insists on this animated continuity. Did anyone ask for this?

And since "bare minimum" is Warner's standard approach to Wonder Woman, this probably will be some half-assed nonsense about how Zeus and gods and blah, blah, blah, blah.
    http://68.media.tumblr.com/452b687cc...0vkjo1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Well my excitement for this movie just got torpedoed.

I don't know if I'm a minority, but I'm not a fan of Rosario Dawson's Wonder Woman work. I like her as an actress, but her Diana leaves me cold. Sounds too stiff and forced--though maybe that's just poor direction.

More disappointing is this pretty much confirms Bloodlines will be in current animated-verse...therefore the same s**ty New52-inspired Wonder Woman we were stuck with for Death of Superman and Justice League Dark and JLA/Titans, etc.
    I really don't understand why Warner insists on this animated continuity. Did anyone ask for this?

And since "bare minimum" is Warner's standard approach to Wonder Woman, this probably will be some half-assed nonsense about how Zeus and gods and blah, blah, blah, blah.
    http://68.media.tumblr.com/452b687cc...0vkjo1_500.gif
    Dawson's Wonder Woman has grown on me. I thought she did a pretty good job in the Death/Reign movies.

I mean, I wasn't even crazy about Jerry O'Connel as Superman but he really sold me once we finally got a solo movie out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

So this will be the third in-continuity movie along with Reign of the Supermen and Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    No. No more new 52.
    They aren’t going to give up on this animated universe, not when they spent so much time building it up. However it’s not a strictly “New 52” universe anymore. They’re using older stories as well, as we saw with the recent Superman movies and with the upcoming Batman Hush movie. Also this is apparently an original story, so they’re not adapting Azz’s run.

Look on the bright side, Supes characterization, costume, and relationships changed with his recent movies. This movie could do the same for Wondy. She might get a relationship going with Steve Trevor, get her Rebirth costume, get a characterization you like better since now she doesn’t have to share the spotlight with Bats or Supes or the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So this will be the third in-continuity movie along with Reign of the Supermen and Hush.
    Looks like.

James Tucker had it listed on his Twitter, so I think that was a pretty clear hint that it would be the case.
    They aren’t going to give up on this animated universe, not when they spent so much time building it up. However it’s not a strictly “New 52” universe anymore. They’re using older stories as well, as we saw with the recent Superman movies and with the upcoming Batman Hush movie. Also this is apparently an original story, so they’re not adapting Azz’s run.
    The whole Titans team in this universe is also pretty different from the New 52.
    Look on the bright side, Supes characterization, costume, and relationships changed with his recent movies. This movie could do the same for Wondy. She might get a relationship going with Steve Trevor, get her Rebirth costume, get a characterization you like better since now she doesn’t have to share the spotlight with Bats or Supes or the JL.
    I'm kind of wondering if all the solo movies for the Trinity are going to follow similar formats:

1. Re-emphasize their classic love interest and Archenemy.

2. Develop their world and supporting cast more.

3. Give them their Rebirth costumes.

4. Fight evil versions of themselves (?)

The artwork is still ugly. So many sharp angles on their faces make them look inhuman. Not only that but most of the men and women have pretty much the same designs. They have to it’s nkt make them has much money has the other money’s were. The standalones not set in the same universe due better. I guess this is away to make them go into the rebirth universe. But it still doesn’t help Diana was still acting violent if they aren’t careful. She doesn’t need to carry her sword everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The artwork is still ugly. So many sharp angles on their faces make them look inhuman. Not only that but most of the men and women have pretty much the same designs. They have to it’s nkt make them has much money has the other money’s were. The standalones not set in the same universe due better. I guess this is away to make them go into the rebirth universe. But it still doesn’t help Diana was still acting violent if they aren’t careful. She doesn’t need to carry her sword everywhere
    Reign of the Supermen looked really visually great in my opinion .

BANNED

I would prefer a sequele to her already origin story 2009 animated film.

Rosario Dawson reprises her role as Wonder Woman in this movie.

Screen Rant is also speculating that since the "codename" for the movie is "Swan Song," it'll be about Silver Swan. I'm really hoping this is the case. We've never had Silver Swan outside of the comics, so this would be a great way to introduce a brand new audience to the villain. And if they're going with the Helen Alexandros version (please please please!), the Bloodlines title works as she's an ancestor of Ares.

It could also be Vanessa Kapatelis, but I'd take any Silver Swan story over a movie about Zeus as Diana's daddy.

But I also hope they ditch the Wonder Woman costume that they've been using in the DC animated movies lately. It's atrocious, and Gal Gadot's costume would translate just fine to animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Rosario Dawson reprises her role as Wonder Woman in this movie.

Screen Rant is also speculating that since the "codename" for the movie is "Swan Song," it'll be about Silver Swan. I'm really hoping this is the case. We've never had Silver Swan outside of the comics, so this would be a great way to introduce a brand new audience to the villain. And if they're going with the Helen Alexandros version (please please please!), the Bloodlines title works as she's an ancestor of Ares.

It could also be Vanessa Kapatelis, but I'd take any Silver Swan story over a movie about Zeus as Diana's daddy.

But I also hope they ditch the Wonder Woman costume that they've been using in the DC animated movies lately. It's atrocious, and Gal Gadot's costume would translate just fine to animation.
    She will most likely get her Rebirth outfit at the end, just like Supes did. At least I hope she does.

If Silver Swan is the villain I’m definitely checking this out. A villain who isn’t Ares or Cheetah? Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She will most likely get her Rebirth outfit at the end, just like Supes did. At least I hope she does.

If Silver Swan is the villain I’m definitely checking this out. A villain who isn’t Ares or Cheetah? Fingers crossed.
    Yeah, I will be very surprised if she's not sporting the look she has in Young Justice: Outsiders (which is basically the Rebirth costume) by the end of the movie.