Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

It does? The clip I saw of Hush looked the same as the previous films.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like the costume for the most part. My only gripe is the large amount of spacing between the plates of the skirt.
    The better to show off Diana's legs I guess .

Although looking at it, it seems like the leotard is still an element in the costume, under the skirt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The art change is a big surprise, really calls into question whether this is AU canon or just completely standalone. The latter would be an odd choice, but its possible now. Or this will be the first in a change of protocol in that there is no one singular house style anymore for even the main AU.
    I really doubt they'd have Rosario Dawson playing Wonder Woman if this wasn't in-continuity. They could have grabbed Susan Eisenberg or somebody else to emphasize it's standalone.

I think they either wanted to try a new art style for the in-continuity movies or give Bourassa a break after all the work he did on the movies and Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    All the women had the same designs in the other movies . A lot of the characters looked unnatural. So why not change it? I don’t see any artwork for the bloodline movie. Other than the poster. Which the Amazons are in shadow
    I agree. The animated series and movies have all blended together. Diana and Lois looked no different half the time. I hope they continue this trend of changing the styles.

For me they aren’t sharp or angler like the pervious films. Like I said all the females looked the same no special think. In hush it looks like they actually trying to make different styles for the women. I hope Diana finally gets her own animated series

Still don’t like the fact Etta is black

FC35DD62-B3EB-47BD-AFC8-D827A8A908CB.jpg

FINALLY we get a good amount of costumed super villains in a Wonder film.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Still don’t like the fact Etta is black

FC35DD62-B3EB-47BD-AFC8-D827A8A908CB.jpg
    Race bending can be hit or miss for me on a case by case basis, but yeah black Etta doesn't really click for me either.

Etta needs to resemble someone like Rebel Wilson or else it just doesn't look like her. Her bland personality (compared to other versions) and random romance with Barbara didn't work for me either, I'm glad Etta was even there after being absent from the book for so long but she was the one major miss of Rucka's on the hero side.

I don't really think its that big a deal. Although this is an indictment of Wonder Woman's mistreated mythos throughout the decades, there really is nothing "iconic" about a visual to ANY of Wonder Woman's supporting cast outside of Diana herself. Despite that fact being pretty sad and pathetic on DC's part, in the present day it does lend to changing visuals not being a jolt of any kind. And its in that arena where I feel race-bending a character can work. Hell before the movie I'd be surprised if anyone outside of comic fandom, and indeed a good portion of those within it, even knew who Etta Candy was.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-21-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm fine with Etta being black so long as they write her better then she was in the Rebirth run.

I don't really need to see the Cheetah romance adapted either.

Question

I'm not sure about this one. I might give it a watch I haven't decided yet.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Seems like we are getting Villainy Inc treatment. Which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't really think its that big a deal. Although this is an indictment of Wonder Woman's mistreated mythos throughout the decades, there really is nothing "iconic" about a visual to ANY of Wonder Woman's supporting cast outside of Diana herself. Despite that fact being pretty sad and pathetic on DC's part, in the present day it does lend to changing visuals not being a jolt of any kind. And its in that arena where I feel race-bending a character can work. Hell before the movie I'd be surprised if anyone outside of comic fandom, and indeed a good portion of those within it, even knew who Etta Candy was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with Etta being black so long as they write her better then she was in the Rebirth run.

I don't really need to see the Cheetah romance adapted either.
    It's true Etta isn't iconic enough (sadly) to be well known enough that race bending can be jarring. it's probably jarring to me because of my fondness for Golden Age Etta and the Earth One and LoWW Ettas clicked with me more, but she's definitely not on the level of Alfred, the Bat-Family or the Daily Planet staff for the majority of people I guess. It's not a deal breaker by any definition for me though, especially if her personality is more in line with her classic self than she was for most of Rebirth. We got shades of it in the mall scenes in Year One, but not enough.

With how crowded the movie might be, I'm hoping the romance with Barbara gets cut. Rucka's weird tendency to pair Barbara romantically with random people (Zolomon and Snapper before Etta) unfortunately carried over to Rebirth even if otherwise his writing of Barbara vastly improved. Diana/Barbara would be far preferable, they have way more chemistry.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

This looks like a very interesting line up. Hopefully, future writers will look at this roster and glean something from it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's true Etta isn't iconic enough (sadly) to be well known enough that race bending can be jarring. it's probably jarring to me because of my fondness for Golden Age Etta and the Earth One and LoWW Ettas clicked with me more, but she's definitely not on the level of Alfred, the Bat-Family or the Daily Planet staff for the majority of people I guess. It's not a deal breaker by any definition for me though, especially if her personality is more in line with her classic self than she was for most of Rebirth. We got shades of it in the mall scenes in Year One, but not enough.

With how crowded the movie might be, I'm hoping the romance with Barbara gets cut. Rucka's weird tendency to pair Barbara romantically with random people (Zolomon and Snapper before Etta) unfortunately carried over to Rebirth even if otherwise his writing of Barbara vastly improved. Diana/Barbara would be far preferable, they have way more chemistry.
    I mean, Etta is at least a WW character and the two are friends with Diana already so is it really that random?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I mean, Etta is at least a WW character and the two are friends with Diana already so is it really that random?
    Less random than the other two examples it accomplished the bare minimum of being less random. But when its similar to pairing up Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen or Harvey Dent and Dick Grayson out of nowhere, yeah it's pretty random. Especially this late in the game in the franchise's and characters' respective history.