Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Ugh, I don't know how I feel about them using Villainy Inc. as a name.

On one hand, Godwatch sounds way cooler and less 40's hokey.

On the other hand, I love Villainy Inc. as a concept, especially when embraced for it's 40's hokieness.

But ultimately I want the film to take the group seriously and I think Godwatch would've benefited more from it. Especially since the group in the movie is more along the lines of Godwatch than it is Villainy Inc. Plus I'm sour because if they're going to use Villainy Inc. it should have Queen Clea, Blue Snowman, and Zara in it. Maybe in non-speaking roles?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ugh, I don't know how I feel about them using Villainy Inc. as a name.

On one hand, Godwatch sounds way cooler and less 40's hokey.

On the other hand, I love Villainy Inc. as a concept, especially when embraced for it's 40's hokieness.

But ultimately I want the film to take the group seriously and I think Godwatch would've benefited more from it. Especially since the group in the movie is more along the lines of Godwatch than it is Villainy Inc. Plus I'm sour because if they're going to use Villainy Inc. it should have Queen Clea, Blue Snowman, and Zara in it. Maybe in non-speaking roles?
    To be honest, I actually like that they seem to be lifting some Rucka stuff but going with more traditional takes on the characters and groups involved.

Like, Dr. Poison obviously looks more like older versions of herself more then she does Rebirth Poison, and they're going with Villainy Inc. instead of Godwatch.

Just seems more interesting to me then if they'd just wholesale adapted Rucka's Rebirth stuff.

It seems this is an origin movie. I mean Diana was dating before She dated Clark unless they are rectonning it

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It seems this is an origin movie. I mean Diana was dating before She dated Clark unless they are rectonning it
    I don’t think it will be an origin story given that Diana will be switching to her Rebirth outfit at some point. I think instead this will be a “Hush” type story where Diana runs the gauntlet against her villains, while all aspects of Diana’s world are touched on including the origin.

By origin, I mean how she left Paradise Island. How she became a hero. I feel this is really going to be retcons. Because not all make sense in a way. Will this be small retcon. They are changing into rebirth which means if there are sequels they need to change and keep this outfit

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    By origin, I mean how she left Paradise Island. How she became a hero. I feel this is really going to be retcons. Because not all make sense in a way. Will this be small retcon. They are changing into rebirth which means if there are sequels they need to change and keep this outfit
    I think the origin part is just going to be isolated to that flashback of when she first met Steve.

The rest of the movie, the Villainy inc. stuff, etc. will probably be set in the present-day.

I guess with how some parts of the summary seem to be present day

When Amazon princess Diana of Themyscira chooses to save fighter pilot Steve Trevor, it’s a choice that will change her world and ours. Fulfilling the role of both ambassador as well as protector, Diana earns the name Wonder Woman from the gracious people of Earth. But her heart is as strong as her will as she is determined to help a troubled and embittered young girl whom has fallen in with a deadly organization known only as Villainy, Inc! Get ready for an exciting adventure packed with brutal battles, myth and wonder!

So yea it seems like it's flashbacks

So what was that still image from that showed a drastically different art style?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So what was that still image from that showed a drastically different art style?
    According to this tweet it's the same thing: https://twitter.com/DC_Animated/stat...68067802959873

Kinda weird how they look different, but if you just focus on Steve, it kinda looks similar. I really think it's just Diana's armor in this scene that looks different.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wow, was really not expecting them to use the Villainy Inc name, though that cements what I thought of Godwatch: a modern revamp of Villainy Inc. Godwatch is the superior name though for a modern villain team, but I'm good either way.

This is an interesting mix of source material they are drawing from. Golden Age, Rucka's Rebirth and (ugh) Robinson's Silver Swan. Vanessa being the main focus is unexpected considering who else is gathered here. I wonder if they are drawing from Rucka's first run as well, since Cale took over using Vanessa from Sebastian. Will the search for Themyscira be in play here, or will Veronica be closer to her pre-Flashpoint self and not have a daughter and instead be driven by envy? Does she still have a role in Cheetah's curse? And how big a role will Julia have? Hopefully she's treated better than Robinson, and it will be interesting to see if this movie can reconcile Julia with Barbara Ann taking a lot of her role in the early years.

I'm eager to see what Dr. Cyber looks like as well. I hope the more "Mechanical Goddess" projection makes it into this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Wow, was really not expecting them to use the Villainy Inc name, though that cements what I thought of Godwatch: a modern revamp of Villainy Inc. Godwatch is the superior name though for a modern villain team, but I'm good either way.

This is an interesting mix of source material they are drawing from. Golden Age, Rucka's Rebirth and (ugh) Robinson's Silver Swan. Vanessa being the main focus is unexpected considering who else is gathered here. I wonder if they are drawing from Rucka's first run as well, since Cale took over using Vanessa from Sebastian. Will the search for Themyscira be in play here, or will Veronica be closer to her pre-Flashpoint self and not have a daughter and instead be driven by envy? Does she still have a role in Cheetah's curse? And how big a role will Julia have? Hopefully she's treated better than Robinson, and it will be interesting to see if this movie can reconcile Julia with Barbara Ann taking a lot of her role in the early years.

I'm eager to see what Dr. Cyber looks like as well. I hope the more "Mechanical Goddess" projection makes it into this.
    Considering the DVD art shows a bombarded Themyscira I assume the endgame for Villainy Inc. is still finding Themyscira.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the DVD art shows a bombarded Themyscira I assume the endgame for Villainy Inc. is still finding Themyscira.
    Oh yeah, it's right there on the cover. Can't believe I blanked on that lol.

If Veronica's reason for finding it is the same as Rebirth, she's potentially screwing over another mother and child in order to rescue Izzy.

Richard Alexander