View Poll Results: Would you read this?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 89.66%
  • No

3 10.34%

Default Would like an ongoing elseworlds/multiverse title

So, this is something I have wanted since the early/mid 90's elseworlds annuals. DC did this for all annuals that year, and it was pretty damn cool. With the possibilities of zero hour then 10 years later with infinite crisis. However nothing. Then a few years later, we were given Multiplicity. Loved it, loved it loved it.
    Shortly there after, Convergence. Now the possibility to show points fom all time, charecters for everyone. Man.

So, I would treat it as a rotating title. Through single issue or three issue arcs. Multiple earths, multiple writers/artist. This could be an amazing title. Lots of fun. I truly believe this is a missed opportunity. Look how well received Dark nights metal was. It has spawned a mini series and already mentioned in the Arrowverse.

Absolutely want this book.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Something "Exiles-ish" would be a lot of fun.

Yes.

It allows for everyone to be happy : readers who only like the "iconic" versions of the characters can have the main books, those like me who often struggle to even care a little with those versions but had perfect elseworld material (like the New 52) get to have a book they can come to. Win-Win situation.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Absolutely. Seems like a no-brainer doesn't it?
    Rotating writers and artists would always keep it fresh.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

I love elseworlds so i said yes. But they don't have to make 1 title for all the elseworlds, I like them as mini series and all too but i don't say no to one title for all elseworlds as well.

Astonishing Member

I'm just not sure if I'd prefer a series that shows a bunch of Elseworlds or one that takes a few and really fleshes them out (Like Injustice or Bombshells).

Sometimes the nature of Elseworlds becomes a repetitious "What if Character X grew up in Situation Y" which gets old. So I'd fear we'd get dozens of "What if Batman fought in the Revolutionary War" and "What if Superman had married Lana Lang instead of Lois Lane" stories that wrap up in an issue with little real development of the characters.

So I'd rather have those type of tales be made somehow the exception and longer arced stories where we'd actually see a DCU 1776 with fleshed out versions of various characters and things more complex than Luthor as a British general or Batman physically battling King George III. Or an exploration of just how Gotham is different in a world where Bruce never put on the cowl that focuses on the GCPD for an issue, deals with what happens to Dick Grayson in another, the effect on the JLA in a third etc; but has all of these interconnected into a single story arc. Yhe drawback being that there would be less new worlds being explored over the course of a year.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I hate the concept of Multiverse and I'd never read anything like that.
    I would be favorable if it would serve to no longer have this concept in the present continuity.
    Instead I can accept Elseworlds as a separate line as they did in 90's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Naw. Too much like a gimmick. I prefer stand-alone stories, which could be one-shots or story arcs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'm just not sure if I'd prefer a series that shows a bunch of Elseworlds or one that takes a few and really fleshes them out (Like Injustice or Bombshells).

Sometimes the nature of Elseworlds becomes a repetitious "What if Character X grew up in Situation Y" which gets old. So I'd fear we'd get dozens of "What if Batman fought in the Revolutionary War" and "What if Superman had married Lana Lang instead of Lois Lane" stories that wrap up in an issue with little real development of the characters.

So I'd rather have those type of tales be made somehow the exception and longer arced stories where we'd actually see a DCU 1776 with fleshed out versions of various characters and things more complex than Luthor as a British general or Batman physically battling King George III. Or an exploration of just how Gotham is different in a world where Bruce never put on the cowl that focuses on the GCPD for an issue, deals with what happens to Dick Grayson in another, the effect on the JLA in a third etc; but has all of these interconnected into a single story arc. Yhe drawback being that there would be less new worlds being explored over the course of a year.
    My problem with ELSEWORLDS is that they tend to center around Batman and Superman, as if they are the only heroes with story to tell. Such a series should allow creators to turn existing concepts on its head, and just go all out.

I love Elseworld type stories, so that'd be a solid yes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yes.

It allows for everyone to be happy : readers who only like the "iconic" versions of the characters can have the main books, those like me who often struggle to even care a little with those versions but had perfect elseworld material (like the New 52) get to have a book they can come to. Win-Win situation.
    I don't think the New 52 counts as an Elseworld. I definitely wouldn't mind if there was a book that used New 52 Superman, for example, though. He might be the only one though, maybe Wonder Woman as well, or Cyborg, or Rebirth Luthor... But most New 52 characters seem to have made a pretty seamless transition into the post-Rebirth world without changing too much from their New 52 selves, aside from the inevitable optics of "seeming classic".

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    And that's the kind of thing I'd like to see post-Flashpoint Superman show up in. Despite giving the Reboot Legion the name, DC never actually did anything with the name "New Wanderers," did they? Maybe they could do something with that, using a bunch of characters from various worlds. Then again, did Justice Incarnate ever come back after Multiplicity? They could use a multiverse exploring book as well.

On the other hand, I legitimately don't think it'd necessarily fulfill the mandate for an "Elseworlds" ongoing if it kept focusing on one team of heroes adapting to different worlds. That's less Elseworlds and more Doctor Who, you know? I think multiple issues per setting, maybe three to six, could be worth going for.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."