Astonishing Member

Default Let's Tranfer Schools

Here's the game. There are four schools for training folks with various abilities and paradigms.

The Leaf Village Ninja Academy
    My Hero Academia
    Hogwarts
    Brakebills

We have as students:

Naruto
    Izuku Midoriya
    Harry Potter
    Quentin

Assume age is no problem. None have graduated but are solid students with abilities. They transfer to each of the school with their abilities from their home institution. They wear clothing appropriate to the new school and that is not a handicap. Harry can take his wand.

How do they do and progress?
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 02-02-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Here's the game. There are four schools for training folks with various abilities and paradigms.

The Leaf Village Ninja Academy
    My Hero Academia
    Hogwarts
    Brakebills

We have as students:

Naruto
    Izuku Midoriya
    Harry Potter
    Quentin

Assume age is no problem. None have graduate but are solid students with abilities. They transfer to each of the school with their abilities from their home institution. They wear clothing appropriate to the new school and that is not a handicap. Harry can take his wand.

How do they do and progress?
    (I know Naruto/My Hero, so focusing on them)

I can say that getting Naruto out of the Leaf Village would greatly help his social development. Living in a town that will not prejudge him + treat him like normal? That would be huge emotionally. The practical exams at My Hero seems up his alley, and wouldn't cause him any problems. I think he might thrive there.

Asking Midoriya to kill is a deal-breaker for him. That is just not in his personality at this point of the anime. That could easily cause him to fail the exam. I can't see him passing the initial exam (He isn't doing any bushin nor substitutions). If he gets there, he gets Sakura/Sasuke through the real genin test, though. He really needs Gai as his sensei though. Kakashi would be horrible for his development. If he gets to the Haku fight (they probably turn back), the mission fails as he (and Sasuke) are left paralyzed at the end.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

UA takes its written tests more seriously than Naruto's schools ever seemed to, so that might cause him some problems. Ultimately though, I'm not sure they really have much choice but to let him skate even if he does do bad because his powers are just way better than everyone's by the time he's high school aged (assuming that's when he gets stuck into UA. The League of Villains would be pretty much done for the first time they showed up.

I'm kind of interested in what might happen if Naruto gets One For All. Despite what we see on screen, precisely what One For All is capable of is kind of nebulous. We mostly see superstrength and superspeed, but the power itself just stockpiles energy and can clearly be expressed in different ways with different users, so I feel like someone trained in channelling and managing a lot of energy could probably put it to use for a lot more
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    UA takes its written tests more seriously than Naruto's schools ever seemed to, so that might cause him some problems. Ultimately though, I'm not sure they really have much choice but to let him skate even if he does do bad because his powers are just way better than everyone's by the time he's high school aged (assuming that's when he gets stuck into UA. The League of Villains would be pretty much done for the first time they showed up.

I'm kind of interested in what might happen if Naruto gets One For All. Despite what we see on screen, precisely what One For All is capable of is kind of nebulous. We mostly see superstrength and superspeed, but the power itself just stockpiles energy and can clearly be expressed in different ways with different users, so I feel like someone trained in channelling and managing a lot of energy could probably put it to use for a lot more
    Combining One For All with Kyuubi Chakra. Scary combination.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Wait, do they start with full abilities/resources to learn their specific abilities, or do they get the abilities corresponding to the universe they're put in?

Otherwise, I'm not sure how any of them learn anything pertaining to the use of their abilities in a different universe.

For example, Harry cant do a damn thing with his wand if no one teaches him spells. Now if he gets access to Chakra or One for all, then he can do something but it's a vastly different premise then. It would really depend on their personal aptitude for such abilities and their personalities.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'm kind of rolling with the assumption that they slide in with the abilities they had at whatever age their respective school starts at, but I'm not really sure if that's the point or not.

Speaking of which, I could see Deku developing into something like a cross between Shikamaru and Sakura if we assume that his "human" limits get raised to the level he needs for the Naruto series. HE probably does his best at Hogwarts, where his studious, analytical nature is gonna make him a really solid wizard (again, assuming he can be a wizard for this scenario).

I think Harry does pretty badly anywhere but Hogwarts. He might be effective at UA, since he should be joining with a fair bit of magic under his belt already, and they have a lot of need for different kinds of abilities.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member

They have the abilities of a solid advanced student in their home universe. Close to graduation.