Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh sh*t, I should mention another great option for Dick's rogues gallery. I've mentioned this a few times before but not in this thread.

The Flamebird and the Nightwing. The actual Kryptonian gods.

I'd have them drawn to earth because this is where the last bits of Kryptonian culture and science are found. But once they get here they discover two mortals who have usurped the names (Dick and Bette, obvs) and the gods decide that those two would make excellent hosts. And suddenly Dick would find himself stuck in a "X-Men Phoenix" type of situation. The gods want to be worshiped and they're not going to be shy about pushing the earth pantheons out of the way. They're not going to be too damn pleased with Superman or Supergirl either, for failing to keep Krypton's culture alive. Can Dick keep himself and Bette one step ahead of beings who can bend reality and one-shot Superman? And if Dick can't, can he and Bette retain enough of themselves once they're bonded to prevent the gods from burning the whole world to ash?
    This sounds very interesting—a REAL new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh sh*t, I should mention another great option for Dick's rogues gallery. I've mentioned this a few times before but not in this thread.

The Flamebird and the Nightwing. The actual Kryptonian gods.

I'd have them drawn to earth because this is where the last bits of Kryptonian culture and science are found. But once they get here they discover two mortals who have usurped the names (Dick and Bette, obvs) and the gods decide that those two would make excellent hosts. And suddenly Dick would find himself stuck in a "X-Men Phoenix" type of situation. The gods want to be worshiped and they're not going to be shy about pushing the earth pantheons out of the way. They're not going to be too damn pleased with Superman or Supergirl either, for failing to keep Krypton's culture alive. Can Dick keep himself and Bette one step ahead of beings who can bend reality and one-shot Superman? And if Dick can't, can he and Bette retain enough of themselves once they're bonded to prevent the gods from burning the whole world to ash?
    That could make for a great crossover event, but I would worry that if it went that way that Dick would end up some sort of hostage so Batman could save him.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    That could make for a great crossover event, but I would worry that if it went that way that Dick would end up some sort of hostage so Batman could save him.
    I'd like to see a Nightwing family develop, so that the crossover event is Dick+characters that have spun out of the main Nightwing book.

Ha! Not if Im writing it!

Honestly, I wouldn't even treat it as a crossover. Sure, Clark and Kara would show up for guest appearances (how could they not?) but in my mind, this would just be a "regular" story in Dick's comic; not crazy or big enough to warrant an official crossover. Well.....okay, maybe this would be a little bigger than usual, but still not so big that it would have to spill out of Dick's title. Screw tie-in issues and crossovers! Keep ALL the story in Nightwing!

Oh yes, I have plans that would make Nightwing a big gods damn deal in the DCU.....yes I do. Not that I'll ever get my hands on the character of course.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

You need to start sending in some submissions or go network at San Dee. DC has nothing.. Maybe that’s the way Didio likes it. It just goes to show that Wingnuts will NEVER be allowed to breathe easy for even a little while. And the other rotten thing about the hostage tripe is Batman DOESN’T save him— he just stands around and lets Beest or Lex do their thang. If I was gonna take hostages, I’d pick somebody the old Bat actually cares about.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 02-13-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Mighty Member

I don’t think that’s necessary, to be honest. Dick already has a solid rogues gallery. He doesn’t need to steal another person’s villain. Just build off of the ones he has or create new ones. I want to see someone’s take Nite-Wing and Tarantula.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You need to start sending in some submissions or go network at San Dee. DC has nothing.. Maybe that’s the way Didio likes it. It just goes to show that Wingnuts will NEVER be allowed to breathe easy for even a little while. And the other rotten thing about the hostage tripe is Batman DOESN’T save him— he just stands around and lets Beest or Lex do their thang. If I was gonna take hostages, I’d pick somebody the old Bat actually cares about.
    Alfred, I guess. Maybe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I don’t think that’s necessary, to be honest. Dick already has a solid rogues gallery. He doesn’t need to steal another person’s villain. Just build off of the ones he has or create new ones. I want to see someone’s take Nite-Wing and Tarantula.
    I’d like to create new baddies instead of revisiting old ones. Tad (Nite-Wing was done to perfection by Dixon ad really can’t be improved upon. Tarantula should NEVER be seen again _by ANYONE. She should never have been created at all. No more sleeping on the job by Editorial.

Mighty Member

I’d like to create new baddies instead of revisiting old ones. Tad (Nite-Wing was done to perfection by Dixon ad really can’t be improved upon. Tarantula should NEVER be seen again _by ANYONE. She should never have been created at all. No more sleeping on the job by Editorial.
    I’m aware of Tarantula’s reputation. But who cares? I sure don’t and besides It’s not like you have to retread the same story with her. It’s easier to do something different with her but not using her simply because of the past is lazy.
    Last edited by Raijin; 02-14-2019 at 12:20 AM.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Rogues galleries become solidified and iconic through repetition though. I honestly wasnt a fan of Nite-Wing, but if someone had a good story for it, I'd certain read it.

I’m aware of Tarantula’s reputation. But who cares? I sure don’t and besides It’s not like you have to retread the same story with her. It’s easier to do something different with her but not using her simply because of the past is lazy.
    I think because of the particular past that Tarantula has, the first new story with her would be absolutely, award winning incredible. Otherwise its not going to be well received by critics or fans.

Perhaps to remove the taint that Devin Grayson and Catalina Flores has put upon the character Tarantula, they could put someone else in the costume. Perhaps a male character to completely remove the association?
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Perhaps to remove the taint that Devin Grayson and Catalina Flores has put upon the character Tarantula, they could put someone else in the costume. Perhaps a male character to completely remove the association?
    Since the original Tarantula was a male, that's not a bad idea.

Nightwing has had some great villains. I really wish we could get a good writer to bring back Lady Vic. I was a little hopeful when it was announced that Flamingo would be involved in the race storyline, but not much happened. Get Prof Pyg back. Just because Dick was Batman when he faced them, doesn't mean they need to be Batman villains. Double Dare would be a good set to show up in the new Bludhaven. Then create some new ones and see who resonates with the fans. If we are going to poach...what about Maxie Zeus? is he still around?

BANNED

Tarantula has too much ICK factor.

Mighty Member

Tarantula has too much ICK factor.
    And like i said before, it can easily be changed, ignored. It's not rocket science. It's barely algebra.

Extraordinary Member

Tarantula was not a villain.