Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Uh, when there are two parties to the sexual activity and one of them is not consenting to it, it's rape.
    I don't argue against that.

But in the comics it was never treated like a villainous act, and Tarantula was iirc never treated as a villain. Both pre flashpoint editions of the DC Comics Encyclopedia (at least one published after the rape) still list her as Anti-Hero and in the the pre flashpoint Edition, she is even called a heroine.

Btw. Mirage is also still considered a hero and not a villain.

EDIT:
    Just to make it clear. I'm not defending what she did. I'm just talking about the function of this character in the stories it was in. And as far as I remember there is no story, where she was the villain of the story.
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-20-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Tarantula and his story ended with him putting her in jail. She was ultimately the long arc villain of Grayson’s run. Barging into his life, stalking him, and trying to corrupt him.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2019 at 04:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't argue against that.

But in the comics it was never treated like a villainous act, and Tarantula was iirc never treated as a villain. Both pre flashpoint editions of the DC Comics Encyclopedia (at least one published after the rape) still list her as Anti-Hero and in the the pre flashpoint Edition, she is even called a heroine.

Btw. Mirage is also still considered a hero and not a villain.

EDIT:
    Just to make it clear. I'm not defending what she did. I'm just talking about the function of this character in the stories it was in. And as far as I remember there is no story, where she was the villain of the story.
    Nobody here is calling Mirage a hero. We're more likely to see Tarantula again than her if Dixon's work is the mine the company is still digging into.

Fantastic Member

their should be no ghetto let him fight villians from all over the dcu if the story demands it.