Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I agree about Grant Wilson. I think he'd make a great antagonist. Maybe he should be Red X?
    Great idea. I'm all for it.

Instead of Prometheus, what about Wrath? and Scorn?
    I will trust you on this one, since I'm not very familiar with either Wrath or Scorn.

Osiris was treated very badly by Amanda Waller. I would like his return.
    Nice to know someone still remembers Osiris.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd like to see Grant Wilson back.
    It's nice to know Grant has some support in this cold, cruel world.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    There was a whole mini-arc/crossover between the Titans, Teen Titans, and Deathstroke about this very thing. Slade stole Wally's powers, and tried running back in time to save Grant, and failed. Nearly destroyed the world, Damian temporarily killed Wally to stop the Speed Force connection, and gave Wally a heart issue for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    There was a whole mini-arc/crossover between the Titans, Teen Titans, and Deathstroke about this very thing. Slade stole Wally's powers, and tried running back in time to save Grant, and failed. Nearly destroyed the world, Damian temporarily killed Wally to stop the Speed Force connection, and gave Wally a heart issue for a while.
    Thanks for bringing this up. I actually remember this story, rather vaguely though. This came out just a few years ago, correct?

Thanks for bringing this up. I actually remember this story, rather vaguely though. This came out just a few years ago, correct?
    During Rebirth, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Scarecrow could work under decent writers, and when the Nightwing in question is actually Dick Grayson... The "Ric Debacle" is by no means any indication of how things would work out in a proper Nightwing comic.
    True. Then I stand by Scarecrow being a good one for Nightwing.

I remember a villain introduced on the 52 run, Paragon I think his name was. He had some kind of following, Republic something. He wasn't anything too special but at the time I felt there was some potential for him to be a good rogue.

BANNED

Why not? He's yet another character DC has messed over from the moment he was introduced. He had great potential, too. I don't buy this "he was created to die" crap; he never had a chance. Bring him back!

Incredible Member

The topic is part of the "problem". Why does he need to poach from others? Just go back through his history and use those guys.

What's needed is/are better Writers.

BANNED

The problem with Grant is that he comes back and becomes Dick's villain then it will be the final nail in the coffin for the Deathstroke vs Nightwing enmity. Grant will just be a dietstroke lol.

The Wrath idea is intriguing, I recall that Bedard had the Wrath's sidekick replace the original and he was sort of positioned as a Nightwing counterpart. That would definitely work, the Wrath can be the guy who cant get over his mentor while Nightwing is the guy who is his own man. The foundation for a proper rivalry is there but they need to retcon the useless Iron Man lite version of Wrath that the New 52 gave us and besides after Tynion was done with him he isn't worth salvaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    The problem with Grant is that he comes back and becomes Dick's villain then it will be the final nail in the coffin for the Deathstroke vs Nightwing enmity. Grant will just be a dietstroke lol.
    My thoughts on this exactly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    The topic is part of the "problem". Why does he need to poach from others? Just go back through his history and use those guys.

What's needed is/are better Writers.
    Yeah, where can we poach THEM?

That is an excellent question. Granted though I don't think it would be too hard to improve upon what we have at the moment. About the only thing worse would be if Didio was writing Nightwing personally.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    That is an excellent question. Granted though I don't think it would be too hard to improve upon what we have at the moment. About the only thing worse would be if Didio was writing Nightwing personally.
    Sideways is a hell of a lot better than what we've gotten from the past few writers. I'd take Didio at this point.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    I know this gets brought up from time to time, but Waid (a fairly big name in comics) wanted to write Nightwing and was denied. That is the part I think is absolutely stupid. I think creators would enjoy writing the character if editorial let them do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I know this gets brought up from time to time, but Waid (a fairly big name in comics) wanted to write Nightwing and was denied. That is the part I think is absolutely stupid. I think creators would enjoy writing the character if editorial let them do their thing.
    Even if I think Waid outside of comics says and does some stupid things I can't deny that the man does have a good track record writing characters somewhat similar to Nightwing.

At this point, I'd imagine no one wants to touch the dumpster fire the comic has become.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"