Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

it's too problematic when "lower level" vampires have the more advanced powers (mist morphing, weather control, vermin control, etc.); best let the "bosses" have some of those abilities, and obviously Dracula.

the more obscure mythical powers can be probed, for new fighting tactics.

The guy brought his baby Man-Thing with him. Lol. I'm just waiting for the return of the Squadron Supreme. Vampires should hold me over until then.

I don't like the fact that Marvel takes abilities that every vampire should have and only gives them to the characters they deem important.

It feels like they aren't fighting vampires so much as they are fighting fast moving zombies with a vampire boss

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't like the fact that Marvel takes abilities that every vampire should have and only gives them to the characters they deem important.

It feels like they aren't fighting vampires so much as they are fighting fast moving zombies with a vampire boss
    Well, to be fair, zombies and vampires sort of have the same history. They are both reanimated corpses and in fact, we can trace the modern zombie back to I am Legend. The novel's vampires act much more like zombies than what we think of as vampires.

And it's been long established that some vampires are just stronger than others. Let's also remember, most of these vampires aren't nearly as old and experienced as Dracula, someone who was already a noted warrior in real life. Most vampires in the MU don't have vampire mentors to teach them how to use their powers. And we saw in MI-13 that even someone like Spitfire didn't know how to do everything right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

It is irritating. The hypnotism alone should make them almost as hard to fight as Medusa or the Bird Box monsters, since you are trying to avoid seeing their eyes while also avoiding their claws and fangs.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Dracula is actually supposed to be able to control rats and bats though. Shame the guy wasn't home during the fight. Or maybe it was lucky depending on how you look at it.
    He can turn into mist, control rats, bats, and shapeshift into a bat and wolf, per his abilities from Tomb of Dracula.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sometimes I feel a little bit bad for vampires in fiction. They just have so many weaknesses. Sunlight, silver, cross's, stakes to the heart... you can find their kryptonite lying around in pretty much any given house you walk into.

Still, I've always liked vamp stories. They're fun. And Drac has thrown down with the Avengers before.

Said this in the Monica thread, but a part of me wishes T'Challa and Blade (and Carol for that matter) called in Monica for help. This could be resolved in like 2 panels. But that's probably why they can't call her.
    I agree we need Monica on this team for this mission. Nuff said:

MonicaSpect.jpg

Yeah, that's the sort of thing that makes me think they should take a hint from Vampire the Masquerade and make only real sunlight work on vampires, not artificial sunlight, including from powers. It makes vampires too neutered. Ah well.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Default Damn IT

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.

Can't stand that avengers team but Blade... damn you marvel you got me.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

At the very least, vampires should be able to hypnotize, have super strength and be able to transform, either into a bat or Mist (maybe newly transformed or low level vamps have those basics and with a little more experience can change to mist) but basically fighting vampires outs you at a huge disadvantage, look then In the eye and your under there power. Though for advanced fighters that shouldn't be too big an issue as so e of the basics taught on hand to hand combat is to not look an opponent in the eyes as you set yourself up to be more open to attacks.

But still even low level vamps should be very difficult to fight, and in large numbers a scary sight

does vampire hypnosis even exists in real legends???

I thought that was made up for tv series and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    does vampire hypnosis even exists in real legends???

I thought that was made up for tv series and movies.
    Not sure, but there are ways to play with it. Low levels/fresh vampires can have super strength, durability, healing factor, paralysis (if you ok look them in the eye) and can transform into bats, higher level vamps develop the paralysis to hypnosis, and can transform into mist or faster flying creatures. Highest levels (up to Dracula level)
    can charm using their voice, turn into any sort of creature or fast moving mist, among some other powers. Basically treat it like DND/ role play games into terms of powers to make the a bigger threat.

Currently in the MU alot of groups that are supposed to be dangerous on paper or talked up to be dangerous just become redshirt fodder. The only groups of redshirts that have been shown as more then simple fodder has been the Dora milaje and hatute zeraze from the BP mythos. Which is good for them but that should also expand to other groups to make things more interesting and more impressive when a character overcomes them

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Not sure, but there are ways to play with it. Low levels/fresh vampires can have super strength, durability, healing factor, paralysis (if you ok look them in the eye) and can transform into bats, higher level vamps develop the paralysis to hypnosis, and can transform into mist or faster flying creatures. Highest levels (up to Dracula level)
    can charm using their voice, turn into any sort of creature or fast moving mist, among some other powers. Basically treat it like DND/ role play games into terms of powers to make the a bigger threat.

Currently in the MU alot of groups that are supposed to be dangerous on paper or talked up to be dangerous just become redshirt fodder. The only groups of redshirts that have been shown as more then simple fodder has been the Dora milaje and hatute zeraze from the BP mythos. Which is good for them but that should also expand to other groups to make things more interesting and more impressive when a character overcomes them
    I personally never liked hypnosis.

heck, I don't like modern vampires anyway.

they can fly, shoot energy beams, bust Universe's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    At the very least, vampires should be able to hypnotize, have super strength and be able to transform, either into a bat or Mist (maybe newly transformed or low level vamps have those basics and with a little more experience can change to mist) but basically fighting vampires outs you at a huge disadvantage, look then In the eye and your under there power. Though for advanced fighters that shouldn't be too big an issue as so e of the basics taught on hand to hand combat is to not look an opponent in the eyes as you set yourself up to be more open to attacks.

But still even low level vamps should be very difficult to fight, and in large numbers a scary sight
    Honestly I'd save turning into myst for more powerful vamps, because that's the ability which frankly saves Dracula's behind from getting destroyed by more powerful opponents. The mist ability makes they unkillable. Blade swinging at mist all day with a sword really won't get him to too far. Save it for the higher end vamps, who you don't want killed off.