Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
But, again, its been done dozens of times before already. And I don't think that them not being the focus would actually diminish the event. There have even been plenty of events that did not focus on either Batman or Superman. Remember COIE? And Identity Crisis? And 52? And Blackest Night? I mean, yeah, Batman and Superman were there for some of those events, but I don't know if anyone could say they were the focus of said storylines. In at least a few of them, they were either ancillary or secondary characters or not even present at all. It can work, is all I'm saying.
The other events you mentioned though are not "Civil War" - the basic premise of which is that all the heroes (or close to) split up, pick sides and go at it. These days, you also wouldn't have an event like "COIE" where Batman is so marginalized (look at "Final Crisis" - it shows how DC's priorities has shifted) Bats and Supes has been mentioned enough times in-universe that they're the pillars of the superhuman community, that it would be difficult for them to not have large roles.

I'd actually be more into a smaller version of CW that makes more sense and doesn't have to involve every single hero. Stories like "The Janus Directive" or "Rann/Thanagar War" were able to involve a large number of characters and steer clear of the Trinity in a way that was organic to the premise.