View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Black Character?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stewart

33 24.63%
  • Cyborg

12 8.96%
  • Mister Terrific

8 5.97%
  • Vixen

28 20.90%
  • Black Manta

3 2.24%
  • Amanda Waller

8 5.97%
  • Kid Flash

3 2.24%
  • Bronze Tiger

3 2.24%
  • Static

5 3.73%
  • Aqualad

5 3.73%
  • Bumblebee

2 1.49%
  • Steel (I or II)

3 2.24%
  • Black Lightning

10 7.46%
  • The Signal

3 2.24%
  • Other (please specify)

8 5.97%
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

lolz that I'm still the only vote for BumbleBee.

WTF? Karen's awesome.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post

WTF? Karen's awesome.
    Her problem is that she's too inconsistently used and never given anything really worthwhile to do when she IS being used. You can say that about most of DC's black characters, but her even more than many of the others.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Does anyone have scans of Cyborg having a big breasteses moment?

What?! Do you mean Cyborg's man boobs in his 80s design?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

BANNED

Does anyone have scans of Cyborg having a big breasteses moment?

I found it. Young Justice Sins of Youth Secret Files 2000 written by Jay Faerber. Not sure if it's sexual harassment or just bad writing. Faerber wrote the main Titans book along with Devin Grayson in 1999 and he never acted like this. But I like the afro. Also on the same page Starfire forceably kissed Nightwing and then he pushed her off and then Starfire says 'What? You used to like it when I did that'. So if Cyborg's a harasser then so is Starfire.

BANNED

Can someone please post images of Cyborg sexual harassing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Can someone please post images of Cyborg sexual harassing?
    There's no sexual harassment. I'm reading more of the story now and I just realise that this part of a broad Young Justice storyline in 2000 when the adult superheroes were acting as kids and the kids are acting as adults and this is why Cyborg and Starfire are acting out of character.

But the way Cyborg's talking is so funny.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Not as funny as the way he talked during the 80s.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Extraordinary Member

WTF? Karen's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Her problem is that she's too inconsistently used and never given anything really worthwhile to do when she IS being used. You can say that about most of DC's black characters, but her even more than many of the others.
    Karen is literally DC's first black superheroine. With all DC's talk about history, you'd think creators would want to do more with her.

Instead, writers find ways to exist her out of books.

But given the Titans-hate, it might be a good thing Karen & Mal stay in limbo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    There's no sexual harassment. I'm reading more of the story now and I just realise that this part of a broad Young Justice storyline in 2000 when the adult superheroes were acting as kids and the kids are acting as adults and this is why Cyborg and Starfire are acting out of character.

But the way Cyborg's talking is so funny.
    Ah, I see.

Ultimate Member

I found it. Young Justice Sins of Youth Secret Files 2000 written by Jay Faerber. Not sure if it's sexual harassment or just bad writing. Faerber wrote the main Titans book along with Devin Grayson in 1999 and he never acted like this. But I like the afro. Also on the same page Starfire forceably kissed Nightwing and then he pushed her off and then Starfire says 'What? You used to like it when I did that'. So if Cyborg's a harasser then so is Starfire.
    Okay Okay Okay I might have over reacted but STILL it was out of place for him to act like that.

Especially considering Hotspot actually liked her in the 1996 series and the feeling may have been mutual before his first death.

And yes I would count Starfire as that too

It's still bad to see Cyborg act like that. Since he was being crapped on at that time with his Metal Men /alien body now.

[QUOTE]Karen is literally DC's first black superheroine. With all DC's talk about history, you'd think creators would want to do more with her./QUOTE]

Are they allowed to?

Remember she is one of the FEW MARRIED women (let alone woman of color) in DC. She is also a mother now. Funny they go out of the way to disregard her husband like they did later on in Doom Patrol. Suddenly they are separated.
    Now she's active and he's MIA.

Funny the one guy who WANTS to use her-is doing HER story at Marvel under the title Wasp.

Funny all the technological black females are not in limbo at DC. Natasha was an AFTER THOUGHT in Titans. She got outdone by Supergirl's boyfriend-Ben in that book. Interesting that he somehow regrew his hair and Kara left town without seeing him and he left town as well. Despite BOTH going to school and having jobs. How does that work be out of school and work for almost a year.

Ultimate Member

WTF? Karen's awesome.
    Karen is indeed awesome, but I had to vote for just one, and I like Vixen that much more.

Kaldur/Aqualad (from the Young Justice cartoon) and Bronze Tiger would have gotten a plug from me, too, if I could have picked like, three or four favorites.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

He also wrote a few limited series starring Bishop back in the 1990's.
    Might have to check those out.

[QUOTE=skyvolt2000;4408919]Okay Okay Okay I might have over reacted but STILL it was out of place for him to act like that.

Especially considering Hotspot actually liked her in the 1996 series and the feeling may have been mutual before his first death.

And yes I would count Starfire as that too

It's still bad to see Cyborg act like that. Since he was being crapped on at that time with his Metal Men /alien body now.

Karen is literally DC's first black superheroine. With all DC's talk about history, you'd think creators would want to do more with her./QUOTE]

Are they allowed to?

Remember she is one of the FEW MARRIED women (let alone woman of color) in DC. She is also a mother now. Funny they go out of the way to disregard her husband like they did later on in Doom Patrol. Suddenly they are separated.
    Now she's active and he's MIA.

Funny the one guy who WANTS to use her-is doing HER story at Marvel under the title Wasp.

Funny all the technological black females are not in limbo at DC. Natasha was an AFTER THOUGHT in Titans. She got outdone by Supergirl's boyfriend-Ben in that book. Interesting that he somehow regrew his hair and Kara left town without seeing him and he left town as well. Despite BOTH going to school and having jobs. How does that work be out of school and work for almost a year.
    He was under a spell that made all tge adult characters act like kids. What exactly were ypu expecting?

BANNED

Here's the scene from Sins of Youth Secret Files.
    34adb8255454f8b3a27f87e25512e8e2._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg

BANNED

Here's the scene from Sins of Youth Secret Files.
    34adb8255454f8b3a27f87e25512e8e2._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Thanks for posting that.