View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Black Character?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stewart

33 24.63%
  • Cyborg

12 8.96%
  • Mister Terrific

8 5.97%
  • Vixen

28 20.90%
  • Black Manta

3 2.24%
  • Amanda Waller

8 5.97%
  • Kid Flash

3 2.24%
  • Bronze Tiger

3 2.24%
  • Static

5 3.73%
  • Aqualad

5 3.73%
  • Bumblebee

2 1.49%
  • Steel (I or II)

3 2.24%
  • Black Lightning

10 7.46%
  • The Signal

3 2.24%
  • Other (please specify)

8 5.97%
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Empress! Ninja, short ranged teleporter, mind controller (through eye contact), all around bad-azs.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Oh God, Cyborg isn't even Cyborg there! He's that goddamn Omegadrome Cyborg! I hated the 90s Titans comics although I do appreciate trying to get rid of Cyborg's outdated disco look. Couldn't they have RoboCop'd him?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Some very interesting developments, Vixen was making a comeback but John has pulled further ahead, Vic has secured the third spot by a comfortable margin, Black Lighting has received a nice little bump (still pulling for ya buddy! top 4, you can do it!), and while Wallace is still in last place he has finally gotten a vote.

Current Rankings
    #1. John Stewart 26.92%
    #2. Vixen 23.08%
    #3. Cyborg 9.62%
    #4. Mister Terrific 6.73%
    #5. Black Lightning & Amanda Waller 5.77%
    #6. Aqualad & Steel (I or II) 3.85%
    #7. Static 2.88%
    #8. The Signal Black Manta 1.92%
    #9. Kid Flash, Bumblebee & Bronze Tiger 0.96%
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Can I have some cute Cyborg images? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Some very interesting developments, Vixen was making a comeback but John has pulled further ahead, Vic has secured the third spot by a comfortable margin, Black Lighting has received a nice little bump (still pulling for ya buddy! top 4, you can do it!), and while Wallace is still in last place he has finally gotten a vote.

Current Rankings
    #1. John Stewart 26.92%
    #2. Vixen 23.08%
    #3. Cyborg 9.62%
    #4. Mister Terrific 6.73%
    #5. Black Lightning & Amanda Waller 5.77%
    #6. Aqualad & Steel (I or II) 3.85%
    #7. Static 2.88%
    #8. The Signal Black Manta 1.92%
    #9. Kid Flash, Bumblebee & Bronze Tiger 0.96%
    Interesting developments indeed. I like that John and Vixen are the top two. I figured Static would have been more popular. I am surprised to see that less people have voted for Static than for the Steel I or II.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Has anyone made a similar thread for the Marvel forums? I'm sure it would get plenty of attention/votes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Interesting developments indeed. I like that John and Vixen are the top two. I figured Static would have been more popular. I am surprised to see that less people have voted for Static than for the Steel I or II.
    I think Static's standing is reflective of Milestone's fading presence in the public consciousness. People remember Static and Milestone but the lack of new content from them due to the legal nonsense has allowed other character to become more prominently in people's minds nowadays. It's sad but hey, DC's the one leaving money on the table, it's a big enough company that DC could fix this if it really wanted to.

Has anyone made a similar thread for the Marvel forums? I'm sure it would get plenty of attention/votes.
    I don't know, I'd imagine so
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Ultimate Member

I'm sure there have been, and I'm sure that Storm (and, to a lesser extent, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Blade, etc.) has blown them away. I'm all about the Monica Rambeau or people who wouldn't even make the list, like Sun Girl.

It's kind of fun that my absolute favorites are either right near the top, like Vixen, or swirling the drain at the bottom, like Bumblebee and Bronze Tiger.

Speaking of not making the list, I've recently developed a soft spot for Tyroc (with the new sonic powers and cool red costume not the 'random screams that do stuff' and pixie-booted disco ensemble...), and always been a fan of Kid Quantum 2 (from the Reboot Legion). Skyrocket, from the Power Company, was also neat, although I liked Isaiah Power (who was more of a supporting character) even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm sure there have been, and I'm sure that Storm (and, to a lesser extent, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Blade, etc.) has blown them away. I'm all about the Monica Rambeau or people who wouldn't even make the list, like Sun Girl.

It's kind of fun that my absolute favorites are either right near the top, like Vixen, or swirling the drain at the bottom, like Bumblebee and Bronze Tiger.

Speaking of not making the list, I've recently developed a soft spot for Tyroc (with the new sonic powers and cool red costume not the 'random screams that do stuff' and pixie-booted disco ensemble...), and always been a fan of Kid Quantum 2 (from the Reboot Legion). Skyrocket, from the Power Company, was also neat, although I liked Isaiah Power (who was more of a supporting character) even more.
    I love the idea of Tyroc, he's really the closest thing DC has to Black Panther and I don't think they noticed or intended for that to be the case. If there were any character I would want to get a crack at if I worked at DC, it would 1000% be Tyroc.

currently following:

Im also surprised at Static's ranking. Thought he'd be higher. Same with Bumblebee, but I guess that's more on DC's neglect of the characters rather than based on how well liked they are.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...o-Appreciation

There's the old Marvel version. Black Panther and Storm blew everyone out the water. A distant 3rd place was a close race between Spectrum, Blue Marvel, Luke Cage, Miles and Falcon, with Spectrum coming out on top.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Here's the recent one. Same results, just no Blue Marvel included for some reason.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Going from my experience, it seems to me John Stewart is easily the most popular black superhero at DC, and he has the most passionate fanbase, by far. Thing is, he's also one of the more disliked as well, because he contends with other versions of Green Lantern. Thus, people who probably really don't have much of an interest in any of these characters will vote against him on those grounds alone, though that doesn't mean they're especially passionate for whoever else they vote for.

I love the idea of Tyroc, he's really the closest thing DC has to Black Panther and I don't think they noticed or intended for that to be the case. If there were any character I would want to get a crack at if I worked at DC, it would 1000% be Tyroc.
    uhhh David Zavimbe

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    uhhh David Zavimbe
    aside from both being African superheroes, what really do David and Black Panther have in common? not much. Tyroc and T'Challa are both superpowered protectors of highly advanced isolated African nations. David is a Congolese former-child soldier who was given tech by batman to fight crime in Africa, not exactly a close parallel.

currently following:

Ultimate Member

aside from both being African superheroes, what really do David and Black Panther have in common? not much. Tyroc and T'Challa are both superpowered protectors of highly advanced isolated African nations. David is a Congolese former-child soldier who was given tech by batman to fight crime in Africa, not exactly a close parallel.
    Yeah, Tyroc is much closer, thematically, to Black Panther, than Batwing. More about his role as super-powered protector of Marzal would be interesting to read about, actually.

Marzal is sorely in need of updating and development, to come anywhere close to being 'DC's Wakanda.'

I bet Tyroc isn't as sexy as T'Chadwick