View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Black Character?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stewart

33 24.63%
  • Cyborg

12 8.96%
  • Mister Terrific

8 5.97%
  • Vixen

28 20.90%
  • Black Manta

3 2.24%
  • Amanda Waller

8 5.97%
  • Kid Flash

3 2.24%
  • Bronze Tiger

3 2.24%
  • Static

5 3.73%
  • Aqualad

5 3.73%
  • Bumblebee

2 1.49%
  • Steel (I or II)

3 2.24%
  • Black Lightning

10 7.46%
  • The Signal

3 2.24%
  • Other (please specify)

8 5.97%
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I really don't understand the thought process behind that, especially after the Wolfman/Perez era crashed & burned.
    The Wolfman and Perez era didn't crash and burn. The Team Titans era was the one that crashed and burned. As for Bumblebee not being focused on much as one of the earlier Titans, it's the same reason why X-Men adaptations pay little to no attention to the O5 - that wasn't the era that made the team famous. So Bumblee sadly does get affected by that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I did enjoy Mal on YJ, but none of his comic versions has ever managed to grab my interest.

Given the historic place he and Karen have it *is* a shame that more isn't done with them. I feel like DC itself forgets they exist more often than not.
    The comic version of Mal is like a pro-wrestler with over 5 rings names, and a gimmick for each incarnation.

Incredible Member

black-lightning_2.jpg
    BL with the new suit.

Incredible Member

You know after reading up on Dr. Mist (for my desire to have a magic based fantasy superhero like Zatanna), DC really liked the idea of him being evil. What could be DC's Dr. Strange is just a plot device/traitorr. Then again our picking of Black heroes are slim in general, so finding a magic based one is even less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    You know after reading up on Dr. Mist (for my desire to have a magic based fantasy superhero like Zatanna), DC really liked the idea of him being evil. What could be DC's Dr. Strange is just a plot device/traitorr. Then again our picking of Black heroes are slim in general, so finding a magic based one is even less so.
    I would love to see Conjura brought in. She has the same backwards speaking magic as Zatanna as well as time traveling abilities, via a Time Tunnel, and a magic carpet for flight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I would love to see Conjura brought in. She has the same backwards speaking magic as Zatanna as well as time traveling abilities, via a Time Tunnel, and a magic carpet for flight.

Wow, never heard of her. She seems to be standing between Batman and Superman so that's cool. The outfits not bad either.

With the way DC has no problem turning villains into "anti-heroes" (Harley Quinn, cough, cough), Dr. Mist could easily be revamped. But I think Doctor Fate is already considered to be DC's version of Dr. Strange, so much so that during those Amalgam comic books some years ago, they combined Dr. Strange and Doctor Fate into a character called Doctor StrangeFate, I think.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

So is the Red Lion character from the Deathstroke series still alive? Any chances he can have a mini-series or be part of a team?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is the Red Lion character from the Deathstroke series still alive? Any chances he can have a mini-series or be part of a team?
    alive? yes, Matthew Bland is alive. will he ever get a mini or be part of a team? I don't see him ever getting a mini or being put on a team anytime soon (as it stands now) simply because he doesn't have enough eyes on him, I don't think any writers are interested in writing him. besides Christopher Priest that is. he's likely going to fall into obscurity, which is a shame because I think they could do a lot with him and a lot of their African characters like Vixen, Freedom Beast, David Zavimbe, Lord Battle, etc.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    alive? yes, Matthew Bland is alive. will he ever get a mini or be part of a team? I don't see him ever getting a mini or being put on a team anytime soon (as it stands now) simply because he doesn't have enough eyes on him, I don't think any writers are interested in writing him. besides Christopher Priest that is. he's likely going to fall into obscurity, which is a shame because I think they could do a lot with him and a lot of their African characters like Vixen, Freedom Beast, David Zavimbe, Lord Battle, etc.
    Honestly we can barely get writers to write about American Black characters. So writing for African character's even less likely.

Honestly we can barely get writers to write about American Black characters. So writing for African character's even less likely.
    again, a shame, especially considering Vixen has consistently been their most reliably recognizable black superheroine
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I wanted to use this as the new TV section banner but Cal Abar is technically Jon Osterman who, while technically is post-racial, is still pretty much a white dude. however, I wanted to take a second to appreciate that HBO gave us a black Doctor Manhattan

currently following:

Incredible Member

again, a shame, especially considering Vixen has consistently been their most reliably recognizable black superheroine
    Well if they aren't going to use her hopefully Naomi can step up to be a important player. I'm about tired with DC bringing back old teams which all consists of a majority white characters that fans dont want changed because they werent the original teams. I get why but lately it feels like unless you were created in the 60s and 70s, which a majority of minority characters weren't then they're not important.

Which makes me wonder why she wasn't used in EITHER of the Superhero Girls animated shows (except for like 2 minutes in a 4-minute webisode).
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-26-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi