View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Black Character?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stewart

33 24.63%
  • Cyborg

12 8.96%
  • Mister Terrific

8 5.97%
  • Vixen

28 20.90%
  • Black Manta

3 2.24%
  • Amanda Waller

8 5.97%
  • Kid Flash

3 2.24%
  • Bronze Tiger

3 2.24%
  • Static

5 3.73%
  • Aqualad

5 3.73%
  • Bumblebee

2 1.49%
  • Steel (I or II)

3 2.24%
  • Black Lightning

10 7.46%
  • The Signal

3 2.24%
  • Other (please specify)

8 5.97%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Hard to choose just one. I love Cyborg (the Walker/Reis version is the best!), Mr. Terrific (better than ever in The Terrifics), Vixen, and Bronze Tiger (both are criminally underused by DC).

I would love to see Michael Cray/Deathblow make his way to Earth 0.

Ended up going with Vixen

S/O to Nubia

Skyrocket

and the Lightnings

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It was a really tough call, but I got to stick with The Signal. Duke Thomas resonated to me since a long time, and he's a little guy still. He deserves all the support he can get.
    oh man, i was REALLY torn between John Stewart and Duke Thomas (and Static too to a lesser extent) ultimately John won out just due to how much more material he's got to work with and how artsy and trippy his run on Mosaic was. Duke holds special place in my heart though, he really resonated with me from the moment i saw him and I hope DC gets there act together with him. Love that boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hard to choose just one. I love Cyborg (the Walker/Reis version is the best!), Mr. Terrific (better than ever in The Terrifics), Vixen, and Bronze Tiger (both are criminally underused by DC).

I would love to see Michael Cray/Deathblow make his way to Earth 0.
    I agree on all counts. I'm currently working my way through the Walker/Reis Cyborg run, it is criminally overlooked. I only just recently heard about how good it was.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-02-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Are you referring to the thread I had created? I'm not a 100% sure but I think Vixen had emerged victorious in that one. So not surprising to see her take an early lead here too.

It's really time to give her the epic, fantastical Aquaman/Wonder Woman meets Black Panther treatment that she deserves.
    I don't remember who created it, I just remember it had a ton of replies and John Stewart led the poll followed by Vixen and Black Lightning.

I also second that notion for a Vixen film.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Thanks man! You're doing a great job over on the Latinx thread; much respect. I actually was meaning to ask over there, do you know of any Afro-Latino characters that I missed? I could only think of Fuerza but I'm not sure if there are any more in DC.
    Fuerza is the only one that comes to mind right now. Though I think Kendra/Hawkgirl is supposed to be Afro-Latina as well, or some seem to say she is.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Fuerza is the only one that comes to mind right now. Though I think Kendra/Hawkgirl is supposed to be Afro-Latina as well, or some seem to say she is.
    yeah I was on the fence about Kendra but thinking about it now, I think I see it more with Earth-2 Kendra than Earth-0 Kendra; i think it's the colors. Adding them to the list, good looks!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-02-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

DC posted this on their Twitter in honor of Black History Month

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...520DC%2520Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC posted this on their Twitter in honor of Black History Month

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...520DC%2520Hero
    That feels kinda disingenuous. Just a little. While I appreciate the sentiment, DC's been taking a pretty "color-blind" approach to their black character by which I mean their "blackness" (so to speak) is incidental. It's odd to say "honor our heroes willing to stand tall in the face of adversity" for Black History Month, when their black heroes rarely touch on social and racial adversity. Iunno, I think it would've been better if they just said Happy Black History Month with collage of their black heroes. That's just me tho.

currently following:

Mighty Member

Honestly. They are all either great or have the potential to be great. I love them all in different ways. John Stewart and Cyborg were the first black superheroes i've seen on television as a child. So i have special attachment to them. Vixen is really a superstar in the making. I want to see her grow. I love the ones you named. But i also like Thunder, Crimson Avenger, Tanya Spears, Jakeem Thunder, Batwing and Voodoo.

I need to see more black villains though.

Can i use that picture as my background? lol it's beautiful.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    That feels kinda disingenuous. Just a little. While I appreciate the sentiment, DC's been taking a pretty "color-blind" approach to their black character by which I mean their "blackness" (so to speak) is incidental. It's odd to say "honor our heroes willing to stand tall in the face of adversity" for Black History Month, when their black heroes rarely touch on social and racial adversity. Iunno, I think it would've been better if they just said Happy Black History Month with collage of their black heroes. That's just me tho.
    Lol that's just their copywriter using flowery terms.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    One more:

Picture from the net featuring several of DC heroes and Heroines.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Honestly. They are all either great or have the potential to be great. I love them all in different ways. John Stewart and Cyborg were the first black superheroes i've seen on television as a child. So i have special attachment to them. Vixen is really a superstar in the making. I want to see her grow. I love the ones you named. But i also like Thunder, Crimson Avenger, Tanya Spears, Jakeem Thunder, Batwing and Voodoo.

I need to see more black villains though.

How did I forget Crimson Avenger and Jakeem Thunder smh. I agree, we definitely could use some more prominent black villains; ideally some that are more complex than Black Manta. I LOVE Manta but he's kinda devolved into a one-dimensional petty rage machine in recent years. It's been fun to play with and it really let's him explore his ruthless side but I would love for something more complex from him or another black villain.

Also, yeah you can use the picture, i can't stop your or nothing; feel free!

currently following:

By the way, shouldn't we add Gnomon to the list of Black Villains ?

Spectacular Member

My favorite is Jennifer Pierce
    RCO016_1475813199 (2).jpg

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Oof this poll is hard. But if I had to ultimately choose one it would have to be Bronze Tiger. Second would be a tie between John and Mari.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    By the way, shouldn't we add Gnomon to the list of Black Villains ?
    Indeed he should and so he has

currently following: