View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Black Character?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stewart

33 24.63%
  • Cyborg

12 8.96%
  • Mister Terrific

8 5.97%
  • Vixen

28 20.90%
  • Black Manta

3 2.24%
  • Amanda Waller

8 5.97%
  • Kid Flash

3 2.24%
  • Bronze Tiger

3 2.24%
  • Static

5 3.73%
  • Aqualad

5 3.73%
  • Bumblebee

2 1.49%
  • Steel (I or II)

3 2.24%
  • Black Lightning

10 7.46%
  • The Signal

3 2.24%
  • Other (please specify)

8 5.97%
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

a96940253c3442a7a5cce5032aaad7aa.jpg
    Decided to come her after how depressing the "black character to reach trinity status" thread got. I get no character will reach trinity status, but some people just flat out said to look elsewhere for good black characters and that's kind of sad.

It will be even more sad when the G5 replacements come out and Vixen will be no where in site.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Decided to come her after how depressing the "black character to reach trinity status" thread got. I get no character will reach trinity status, but some people just flat out said to look elsewhere for good black characters and that's kind of sad.

It will be even more sad when the G5 replacements come out and Vixen will be no where in site.
    Who's this character?

Ultimate Member

Because there will always be a PUSH BACK to anything done with black characters.

Folks screamed Cyborg was a token and written as one in New 52. We got told to be quiet and accept he's on the team and he's not a token.
    He got a solo that was a victim of editorial. Once gain folks chose to ignore the complaints.
    John Stewart fans were TOLD that Hal Jordan & TGLC was a HAL book by the artist. We don't support the book-guess whose fans LECTURED John fans about being a true fan. A lecture no Guy, Kyle, Simon or Jessica fan got. Despite early backlash Kyle, Jessica & Simon are accepted. John still gets belittled.

We keep getting told WE have to accept SCRAP. While others can act any which way towards theirs and be justified.

The logic in looking elsewhere is when you support OTHERS-a message MIGHT be sent to DC. There is money to be made.

Yet after Black Panther, Miles Morales, Moon Girl, Shuri, Midnight Angels, Riri, Cloak, Alex Wilder & Luke Cage.
    Along with movie deals for Black & Bitter Root.
    Along with a growing number of black lead books at other companies.
    Oh along with the fact the one hero many folks want to dress as for Halloween is BLACK PANTHER. Batman is number 2 and Peter/Miles are third. I saw a 5 year old dressed as Miles Morales yesterday.

All Dc can do is Naomi and that was more BENDIS then DC. Along with yet ANOTHER black GL who might take Hal's spot.
    Is the best DC can do?

If that is the best they can do-yes you take your money elsewhere. Because they don't want it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's this character?
    I think that is one of the many black guys from Grant Morrison Multiplicity book.

He is from another Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because there will always be a PUSH BACK to anything done with black characters.

Folks screamed Cyborg was a token and written as one in New 52. We got told to be quiet and accept he's on the team and he's not a token.
    He got a solo that was a victim of editorial. Once gain folks chose to ignore the complaints.
    John Stewart fans were TOLD that Hal Jordan & TGLC was a HAL book by the artist. We don't support the book-guess whose fans LECTURED John fans about being a true fan. A lecture no Guy, Kyle, Simon or Jessica fan got. Despite early backlash Kyle, Jessica & Simon are accepted. John still gets belittled.

We keep getting told WE have to accept SCRAP. While others can act any which way towards theirs and be justified.

The logic in looking elsewhere is when you support OTHERS-a message MIGHT be sent to DC. There is money to be made.

Yet after Black Panther, Miles Morales, Moon Girl, Shuri, Midnight Angels, Riri, Cloak, Alex Wilder & Luke Cage.
    Along with movie deals for Black & Bitter Root.
    Along with a growing number of black lead books at other companies.
    Oh along with the fact the one hero many folks want to dress as for Halloween is BLACK PANTHER. Batman is number 2 and Peter/Miles are third. I saw a 5 year old dressed as Miles Morales yesterday.

All Dc can do is Naomi and that was more BENDIS then DC. Along with yet ANOTHER black GL who might take Hal's spot.
    Is the best DC can do?

If that is the best they can do-yes you take your money elsewhere. Because they don't want it.
    The people complaining about Cyborg being a token suggested replacing him with Martian Manhunter (who isn't a black man) or John Stewart (which would just mean that John would be taking the token black role because God forbid there be more than one black guy on the league).

Cyborg didn't come out of nowhere. He was a popular character from one of DC's most beloved teams and was in a well-known cartoon. No his use was far from ideal but it was something. The backlash to him is no different than what Black Panther, Duke Thomas, Riri Williams, John Stewart and others have had to deal with but his detractors don't care about that or how their own arguments against him look because they don't like him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who's this character?
    His name is thunderer. A thunder god with thor influences.

BANNED

His name is thunderer. A thunder god with thor influences.
    He's an Aborigine.

I'm digging "Sister Night"/Angela Abar played Regina King on HBO Watchmen.

Extraordinary Member

This is my fear, too. I hope I am wrong.

I really liked Dale Gunn from Justice League of America Presents: Vibe. I hope he's seen again.

Mighty Member

I would REALLY like to know what's going on with Steel/John Henry Irons. I feel like i haven't seen him since Superwoman ended.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

I feel bad that i can't get into Wallace West, Cyborg and Duke Thomas. My first intro in the DCU was the Teen Titans animated series and while I liked Cyborg he was my least favorite. My favorite heroes are the young generation, yet none of the Black teen heroes are super entertaining to me.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I feel bad that i can't get into Wallace West, Cyborg and Duke Thomas. My first intro in the DCU was the Teen Titans animated series and while I liked Cyborg he was my least favorite. My favorite heroes are the young generation, yet none of the Black teen heroes are super entertaining to me.
    This is me but for Duke and Wallace.