View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favorite Black Character?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stewart

33 24.63%
  • Cyborg

12 8.96%
  • Mister Terrific

8 5.97%
  • Vixen

28 20.90%
  • Black Manta

3 2.24%
  • Amanda Waller

8 5.97%
  • Kid Flash

3 2.24%
  • Bronze Tiger

3 2.24%
  • Static

5 3.73%
  • Aqualad

5 3.73%
  • Bumblebee

2 1.49%
  • Steel (I or II)

3 2.24%
  • Black Lightning

10 7.46%
  • The Signal

3 2.24%
  • Other (please specify)

8 5.97%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
    Incredible Member

Does anyone know why Lady Shiva has grown relatively popular and gained the title of best martial artist while her two companions have disappeared? Weren't the three basically the answer to Marvel's Defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Does anyone know why Lady Shiva has grown relatively popular and gained the title of best martial artist while her two companions have disappeared? Weren't the three basically the answer to Marvel's Defenders?
    well for Richard Dragon I'd imagine as the fall of the chosen one/white savior comes into x eastern culture and becomes the best martial artists trope fell out of favor, he fell out of favor too. As for Bronze Tiger, he wasn't presented as formidably as Shiva or Dragon; not that he wasn't their contemporary, he just never quite held the same prominence as the other two. He does pop up here and there but he's usually relegated to the b-roles, why Tom King is the only person who seems willing to have Bronze Tiger pop up nowadays is beyond me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    well for Richard Dragon I'd imagine as the fall of the chosen one/white savior comes into x eastern culture and becomes the best martial artists trope fell out of favor, he fell out of favor too. As for Bronze Tiger, he wasn't presented as formidably as Shiva or Dragon; not that he wasn't their contemporary, he just never quite held the same prominence as the other two. He does pop up here and there but he's usually relegated to the b-roles, why Tom King is the only person who seems willing to have Bronze Tiger pop up nowadays is beyond me.
    That's kind of a shame especially since they have Michael Kai White playing him. I understand the white savior thing, but I don't know if DC cares about that. But he was a hero before DC made him into a villain

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That's kind of a shame especially since they have Michael Kai White playing him. I understand the white savior thing, but I don't know if DC cares about that. But he was a hero before DC made him into a villain
    well I imagine the white savior messaging played some kind of role in the thought process of someone at DC considering the decision to pivot from white kung fu jesus to latino kung fu gangster
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-28-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

tumblr_mohtvdaWin1qai61bo1_400.jpg
    Jakeem Thunder
    I never realized how many of DC black superheroes have their mantel from someone else.