Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Gerry Duggan is back on an Avengers book

https://freecomicbookday.com/Article/225880

Free Comic Book Day 2019 is the perfect chance to dive deep into the Marvel Universe with new stories and exciting adventures alongside some of Marvel’s most acclaimed creators – and this year, Marvel is bringing you the biggest and boldest stories yet!

Fresh off its 2018 GEM award win for Best Free Comic Book Day Book (FCBD 2018 Avengers Captain America), Marvel is excited to reveal the creative team and cover for FCBD AVENGERS #1! Free Comic Book Day, FCBD, Marvel, Avengers

A story by industry superstars Jason Aaron and Stefano Caselli sets the stage of the main Avengers series just in time for Marvel’s highly anticipated Avengers: Endgame, while an all-new thrilling tale from Gerry Duggan and Mike Deodato creates one of the most unique, dynamic, and deadly versions of the Avengers ever – stay tuned to learn more!

In addition to the comic, select retailers will receive FREE Avengers promo buttons showcasing the dynamic and stunning cover art from FCBD AVENGERS #1 by Ed McGuinness, available while supplies last!

Keep an eye on Marvel for more Free Comic Book Day announcements in the days to come, and be sure to stop by your participating local comic shop on Saturday, May 4 to pick up your free copy of FCBD AVENGERS #1!
    It would seem, then, that we can expect New Avengers to show up in the May or June solicitations. Welcome back to the Avengers, Duggan!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oooooooooooh now this is exciting! I wonder if this is going to be a continuation of No Road Home, or a completely brand new team. Either way, last time Duggan did an Avengers book turned out excellent so I'm all for this!

Duggan's Uncanny Avengers was a pretty strong Avengers book so excited to see what he can deliver .

I've been saying for awhile that they need another Avengers book. And I did enjoy Duggans Uncanny run, so I'm looking foreward to this.

The fact that it's described as "deadly" sort of peaked my interest. It's not the first adjective that comes to mind when I think of Avengers line up. I wonder if it'll be some sort of X-Force type Avengers team.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I've been saying for awhile that they need another Avengers book. And I did enjoy Duggans Uncanny run, so I'm looking foreward to this.

The fact that it's described as "deadly" sort of peaked my interest. It's not the first adjective that comes to mind when I think of Avengers line up. I wonder if it'll be some sort of X-Force type Avengers team.
    I hope not. X-Force tactics and the Avengers just don’t mix.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope not. X-Force tactics and the Avengers just don’t mix.
    They certainly don't, and in all likelihood it won't be anything like that.

It's just something that popped in my head when the adjective deadly was thrown in there.

Hm... I wanted for a new Avengers book to be the next regular place for Wanda. But Duggan took her out of the Unity Squad and this seems like it's gonna be some crazy all new thing, so...

Extraordinary Member

I sort of want it to be like a regrouping of the Dark Avengers. That would be sort of fun.

there is a secret war going on right now with massive casualties to decide who's getting into the roster of this book
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Duggan is on Wikipedia right now, going down Marvel alphabetical's character list.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This has made my day. I hope we see Wanda, Jan and Monica on this book.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

This is almost certainly a book about the auxiliary Secret Avengers team with Wasp and Okoye that Aaron introduced a couple issues ago.

That's awesome but the deadly adjective has me a little worried. I hope this isn't another avengers title that doesn't really have much to do with avengers. That said I would be okay with this being a spinoff for agents of wakanda because it has Jan and I'm biased.

But of course, my first choice would be a more classic team featuring Jan, Wanda and Monica

I hope it's a book about the Secret Avengers or a new Thunderbolts. I also hope the "deadly" part is just hype. I don't want an X-force version of the Avengers unless it's called something else.

Ok this definitely has my attention.