Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    When was the last time we saw Ava? Does she still possess the amulets?
    Believe the last time we saw her was in the finale of U.S.Avengers when she managed to destroy the Tiger Amulet and undo the conditioning the Hand performed on Angela. Things wrapped up with both of them depowered and evidently retiring to do whatever, the implication that the Tiger Avatar allegedly needing to seek out a new vessel/conduit to house it's essence now that the original was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Believe the last time we saw her was in the finale of U.S.Avengers when she managed to destroy the Tiger Amulet and undo the conditioning the Hand performed on Angela. Things wrapped up with both of them depowered and evidently retiring to do whatever, the implication that the Tiger Avatar allegedly needing to seek out a new vessel/conduit to house it's essence now that the original was destroyed.
    That is a really lackluster way to end the White Tiger legacy. While I am glad to know that Angela was cured, I would have liked for Ava to continue as the avatar of the White Tiger God. I would have liked for her to explore the powers and history of the amulets in more detail and eventually tame the White Tiger God itself. Hopefully Ava will return with the right creative team backing her up.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That is a really lackluster way to end the White Tiger legacy. While I am glad to know that Angela was cured, I would have liked for Ava to continue as the avatar of the White Tiger God. I would have liked for her to explore the powers and history of the amulets in more detail and eventually tame the White Tiger God itself. Hopefully Ava will return with the right creative team backing her up.
    That actually did happen in Ultimates by the same writer, but it was T'Challa/Black Panther who tamed the Tiger God. An impressive feat for T'Challa, but in retrospect, it would've been better-served as a feat for Ava or Angela . . . or hell, bring back Kasper Cole and link his White Tiger (an acolyte of the Wakandan Panther Cult headed by the Black Panther) to the legacy of the White Tiger Amulet.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sucks to hear that there Ava has been depowered. Ultimately, I'd like to see Hector, Ava, and Angela back. Just split the White Tiger amulet back into three pieces and each gets a piece. Seriously, it just works perfectly.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That actually did happen in Ultimates by the same writer, but it was T'Challa/Black Panther who tamed the Tiger God. An impressive feat for T'Challa, but in retrospect, it would've been better-served as a feat for Ava or Angela . . . or hell, bring back Kasper Cole and link his White Tiger (an acolyte of the Wakandan Panther Cult headed by the Black Panther) to the legacy of the White Tiger Amulet.
    Yes that was a great feat for T'Challa but as you stated it would have been better if Ava accomplished this feat. Kasper becoming the avatar of the White Tiger God would have also been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Sucks to hear that there Ava has been depowered. Ultimately, I'd like to see Hector, Ava, and Angela back. Just split the White Tiger amulet back into three pieces and each gets a piece. Seriously, it just works perfectly.
    This is also a great idea. The three of them working as a team would be awesome.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Honestly I'd be happy with any one of them coming back just so Marvel could have an openly Puerto Rican character running around in an at least semi-major capacity though if they were to mellow out Ava a bit or introduce another Puerto Rican White Tiger I'd honestly be okay with that.

Still it would be nice to bring Hector back since he was the original and I'd like to see him get developed a bit more than he was before Marvel decided to kill him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Honestly I'd be happy with any one of them coming back just so Marvel could have an openly Puerto Rican character running around in an at least semi-major capacity though if they were to mellow out Ava a bit or introduce another Puerto Rican White Tiger I'd honestly be okay with that.

Still it would be nice to bring Hector back since he was the original and I'd like to see him get developed a bit more than he was before Marvel decided to kill him off.
    I agree with all of this. It would be great to have Ava, Hector, and Angela all back and operating in some capacity. Hector can be revived thanks to the universe being recreated at the end of Secret Wars. The amulets may be destroyed but perhaps the Ayala's are special and no longer need the amulets to channel the power of the White Tiger God.

Astonishing Member

I love reading pre-90s comics. There’s just so much that you missed.

I first encountered Hector in Spectacular Spider-Man then decided to read Deadly Fists of Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I love reading pre-90s comics. There’s just so much that you missed.

I first encountered Hector in Spectacular Spider-Man then decided to read Deadly Fists of Kung-Fu.
    Come to think of it, that might explain why Ava Ayala's White Tiger debuted in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series; it was likely a homage to Hector's early (or earlier) appearances in Spectacular Spider-Man.

I didn't watch that Spider-man cartoon; how was Ava in the show and is it worth watching?

Astonishing Member

I didn't watch that Spider-man cartoon; how was Ava in the show and is it worth watching?
    The problem with Ultimate Spider-Man is that they underestimate the importance of character development and instead focus on gimmicks and short stories.

Peter’s heart-to-heart with Ava was one of the best episodes in the series and they didn’t do much with it after the season 2 finale. (The same goes for the other teammates but this thread isn’t about them.)

I have to admit that I started shipping Peter with Ava after this episode, imo they had really good chemistry. The biggest problem this show had was that Spidermans teammates didn't get as much focus as they should of gotten. Especially after season two, when they dumped them and introduced way too many new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The problem with Ultimate Spider-Man is that they underestimate the importance of character development and instead focus on gimmicks and short stories.

Peter’s heart-to-heart with Ava was one of the best episodes in the series and they didn’t do much with it after the season 2 finale. (The same goes for the other teammates but this thread isn’t about them.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glavene View Post
    I have to admit that I started shipping Peter with Ava after this episode, imo they had really good chemistry. The biggest problem this show had was that Spidermans teammates didn't get as much focus as they should of gotten. Especially after season two, when they dumped them and introduced way too many new characters.
    And by the time they realized character development and progression was important to an ongoing plot/series and wouldn't turn the kiddies off, the original team was phased out near-completely outside cameos and the series finale, so a lot of the great interactions (especially Peter/Ava or Spider-Tiger, as some would call them) they could have had with Spider-Man went by the wayside. Shame.

Wait, is it warped Ava?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    It's a shame that the Marvel Netflix Universe is falling apart. The Sons and Daughters of The Tiger would fit so well in Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Cage and maybe even Punisher.
    Especially Iron Fist. White Tiger arguably could be his own show, but the Sons of the Tiger could just have gone to Colleen's dojo without anything jarring.

White Tiger thankfully exists as a legacy character (significantly due to Bendis), but it's a bit of a shame that its precursor has kind of been forgotten.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?