Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The SONS (& DAUGHTERS) of the TIGER / WHITE TIGER Appreciation (2019)

NOTE: This thread is to serve as continuation of the previous "The SONS (& DAUGHTERS) of the TIGER Appreciation" thread, which can be found at
    From the previous version (originally created by Güicho back in July of 2015):
    Today <NOTE: Posted July 29th> is International Tiger Day! - http://tigerday.org/

So in that spirit, begins The SONS (& DAUGHTERS) of the TIGER Appreciation & Celebration:
    Lin Sun
    Abe Brown
    Bob Diamond
    Hector Ayala
    Lotus Shinchuko
    Detective Blackbyrd
    Master Kee

Angela Del Toro
    &
    Ava Ayala (New White Tiger)

Where is their ongoing series?

Where are their action figures!?

Where is their TV series!?

^Above image Edited from PEREZ.^
    Notice: Five amulets One Head (Ava) / FOUR claws. (Lin Sun, Abe Brown, Bob Diamond, Hector Ayala)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 02-02-2019 at 06:14 PM.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 12 (November 1986)

Dude, thanks for starting this thread! Been wanting to see a White Tiger something for a long time, specifically the reappearance of Hector. Angela and Ava are cool, but it would be nice to have a strong, male Puerto Rican character in the Marvel Universe. With a lot of the Marvel street level stuff set in NYC and a significant number of martial arts practitioners in NYC are Latino, having Hector back makes a ton of sense. I think it would be cool if he was heading up a White Tiger clan, featuring Ava, Angela, Bob, Abe, and Lin Su. I could see him at odds with someone like Black Tarantula, who is another Latino with a strong legacy.

Yeah, Hector maybe dead, but it's easy to bring him back. His soul become one with the White Tiger god and he comes back to life to fight crime! Writes itself!

So totally, hoping we see White Tiger anyone come to prominence.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Dude, thanks for starting this thread! Been wanting to see a White Tiger something for a long time, specifically the reappearance of Hector. Angela and Ava are cool, but it would be nice to have a strong, male Puerto Rican character in the Marvel Universe. With a lot of the Marvel street level stuff set in NYC and a significant number of martial arts practitioners in NYC are Latino, having Hector back makes a ton of sense. I think it would be cool if he was heading up a White Tiger clan, featuring Ava, Angela, Bob, Abe, and Lin Su. I could see him at odds with someone like Black Tarantula, who is another Latino with a strong legacy.

Yeah, Hector maybe dead, but it's easy to bring him back. His soul become one with the White Tiger god and he comes back to life to fight crime! Writes itself!

So totally, hoping we see White Tiger anyone come to prominence.
    intriguing. it was sad to see him return just to get killed in the Bendis Daredevil arc. of course it also set up Angela Del Toro's debut-- then again, she's also gone (where?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    intriguing. it was sad to see him return just to get killed in the Bendis Daredevil arc. of course it also set up Angela Del Toro's debut-- then again, she's also gone (where?)
    Possibly to Captain America #11?

(between Invisible Woman and Misty Knight?)

See:
    Daughters of Liberty Appreciation (2019)
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-(2019)

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Marvel Knights (2005)

For Ava:

From Avengers NOW! (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Possibly to Captain America #11?

(between Invisible Woman and Misty Knight?)

See:
    Daughters of Liberty Appreciation (2019)
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-(2019)

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    That's Ava, confirmed by the storyboard sketch for that panel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

It's a shame that the Marvel Netflix Universe is falling apart. The Sons and Daughters of The Tiger would fit so well in Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Cage and maybe even Punisher.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing a revival of the Tiger Sons and Daughters. It can easily be done considering the last time we did seeing the amulets they were rendered inert. I often thought that the original sons internalized the powers but can only use them if they enact the Tiger chant.

If there was to be an ongoing series I would like to see who the previous wearers of the amulets were and how Master Kee came to possess them. I would also like to see a story about Danny wearing the amulets.

There's loads of story potential here waiting to be untapped. There needs to be an Ed Brubaker type writer to expand the White Tiger mythos similar to the Immortal Iron Fist.

Anybody remember this?

An oversized treasury edition that reprinted (in color) story material originally published in a b&w one-shot magazine:
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 02-08-2019 at 02:17 PM.

This is an awesome thread. I hope we get to see more of Ava as the White Tiger sooner rather than later. I also wouldn't mind seeing Angela return as an active hero again.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Nice find. I would love it if Marvel brought these characters back in some form. Even a mini-series would be great.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

When was the last time we saw Ava? Does she still possess the amulets?