Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glavene View Post
    Wait, is it warped Ava?

It would be nice to see Ava return. I hope it is either Ava or Angela and that whoever it is gets portrayed well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Especially Iron Fist. White Tiger arguably could be his own show, but the Sons of the Tiger could just have gone to Colleen's dojo without anything jarring.

White Tiger thankfully exists as a legacy character (significantly due to Bendis), but it's a bit of a shame that its precursor has kind of been forgotten.
    I agree. While Iron Fist was my least favorite of the shows, I think having the Sons of the Tiger appear on that show would have worked perfectly. I also agree that White Tiger can be its own show. It would be cool for them to go with the superhero-family vibe similar to Black Lightning.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    It would be nice to see Ava return. I hope it is either Ava or Angela and that whoever it is gets portrayed well.

Its only an alternate universe. But in 616 Ava indeed is back, she is a member of Daughters of Liberty in current Captain America run. Too bad this run is really slow, so far she spoke one sentence and drank a cup of coffee. She deserves better than that.

BANNED

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #1 Apr 1974
    "Origins of the Sons of the Tiger"
    Lin Sun returns to his dojo to find his master dying from an attack by ninjas.

With his dying breath, the master imparts on Lin the Jade Tiger amulets.
    Together with his friends Abe Brown and Bob Diamond, they become the Sons of the Tiger to avenge Lin's master.
    They hunt down the assassins' leader, Sui Ti Kama, and bust his opium den,

but they know their mission isn't over until they find the Silent Ones that controlled them.

Story by Gerry Conway. Art by Dick Giordano.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #1 Apr 1974
    "Origins of the Sons of the Tiger"
    Lin Sun returns to his dojo to find his master dying from an attack by ninjas.

With his dying breath, the master imparts on Lin the Jade Tiger amulets.
    Together with his friends Abe Brown and Bob Diamond, they become the Sons of the Tiger to avenge Lin's master.
    They hunt down the assassins' leader, Sui Ti Kama, and bust his opium den,

but they know their mission isn't over until they find the Silent Ones that controlled them.

The dialogue and narration may be outdated, but the art is still stellar and great to look at.

BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man #30 May 1979
    "Secret as the Grave!"
    Battling Carrion in the ESU gymnasium, Spider-Man learns what crime he's been accused of by the deranged creature:
    The deaths of Gwen Stacey and Miles Warren.
    The two continue their fight, while at the same time the White Tiger is busy fighting off Carrion's henchman, Darter.

During the fight, Spider-Man is knocked into the ESU pool. At that time White Tiger and Darter's fight is taken into the same room
    and causes a distraction in the fight between Spider-Man and Carrion. Carrion deals with White Tiger,
    knocking him off a diving board where he falls and passes out. Carrion then knocks Spider-Man out with another dose of his red death dust.

Taking Spider-Man to a secret lab, Carrion takes some of Spidey's genetic material to begin creating a creature based on ancient arachnids
    as a method of his ultimate destruction of Spider-Man. When Peter revives, Carrion reveals to him that he is a living clone of Miles Warren.

Script by Bill Mantlo. Pencils by Jim Mooney. Inks by Frank Springer.

We've all seen this, right? Pretty cool White Tiger fan-film which made me want to see Hector come back in the comics:

https://vimeo.com/195242203
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I made a respect thread for Ava on reddit if someone is interested
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...iger_earth616/

BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man #31 Jun 1979
    "Till Death Do Us Part!"
    Peter Parker is at the mercy of Carrion, who is using Peter's DNA to create a spider-amoeba creature
    as his tool of revenge to destroy Spider-Man once and for all. He reveals that he is a clone of Miles Warren,
    whose aging process was accelerated due to a problem with his clone incubator. He was discovered by Randy Vale,
    who agreed to help Carrion get revenge on Parker in exchange for Carrion gifting Vale with Spider-Man's abilities.

When Darter enters the room, he overhears that Carrion never intended to give these powers to Vale,
    and tries to kill Carrion just as he is sending the spider-amoeba lose. Carrion then turns the creature on Vale, who is instantly killed.
    Peter uses this as a moment to break free and put his Spider-Man mask back on.
    Trying to fight off the creature, Spider-Man is assisted by the arrival of White Tiger.

During the fight, White Tiger is knocked into instruments by Carrion which causes a fire.

Spider-Man manages to fight off the spider-amoeba and he and White Tiger flee the growing flames.

Spider-Man looks back just in time to see Carrion's creation turning on him,
    and considers it a fitting end for an abomination that never really lived, before crawling out of the flames.

Script by Bill Mantlo. Pencils by Jim Mooney. Inks by Frank Springer.

Ava is in new preview of Captain America: https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...in-america-13/
    What is interesting she is wearing the amulet now, is Cates gonna ignore New Avengers development? Or she is wearing empty amulet for whatever reason. I am really stoked to see Ava in action again.

BANNED

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #3 Aug 1974
    "Trail of the Ninja"
    Just as quickly as the Sons of the Tiger came together, they disband after catching Master Kee's killer.

Lin Sun continues to hunt after the Silent Ones.

In the harbour, he is captured by ninjas working for the villain Lo Chin. Meanwhile, Abe Brown and Robert Diamond
    have had second thoughts and come looking for Lin Sun, just in time to save him from a potentially deadly fall.

They destroy Lo Chin's sonic cannon, but Lo Chin escapes.

Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 08-24-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Today in Marvel Comics #1000

RCO040_1567001176.jpg

Artist kinda forgot Avas hair but still a nice touch and it gives me hope that Marvel will give some attenton them.

Wasn't Ava in Captain America today?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Glavene View Post
    Today in Marvel Comics #1000

RCO040_1567001176.jpg

Artist kinda forgot Avas hair but still a nice touch and it gives me hope that Marvel will give some attenton them.
    Me too bro. First off, great to see that George Perez was involved with this. Of course, his runs on the Avengers are legendary, but him creating the first Puerto Rican superhero is cause for celebration as well. PArt of me was thinking that he'd reveal that Hector had returned!

Yep! Loved the slight debate between her and Cap.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yeah and while I wish they would give her some more action scenes I really enjoyed it.