Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This is an impossible, Hypothetical Royal Rumble. There are two questions in play here

1. If all these Wrestlers were in their prime, who would win?
    2. If you had access to all of these Super stars, how would you handle their booking?

I'll provide an entrance order for question one, but Y'all can work out your own order for that Second Question

1. Bruno Samartino
    2. Andre the Giant
    3. El Santo
    4. Aj Styles
    5. Steve Austin
    6. Randy Savage
    7. Brock Lesnar
    8. Ric Flair
    9. Shawn Michaels
    10. Big Show
    11. Hulk Hogan
    12. John Cena
    13. Roman Reigns
    14. The Undertaker
    15. Sting
    16. Kenny Omega
    17. The Ultimate Warrior
    18. Mick Foley
    19. Jake Roberts
    20. Kurt Angle
    21. Edge
    22. Chris Jericho
    23. Ricky Steamboat
    24. The Rock
    25. Bret Hart
    26. Rowdy Roddy Piper
    27. Triple H
    28. Curt Hennig
    29. Ted DiBiase
    30. Dusty Rhodes
    If we break this down to standard wrestling matches, Sammartino, Andre, Austin, Lesnar, Flair, Hogan, Warrior and maybe Triple H are seemingly the ones that usually come out on top more than the others. Maybe Cena now but I don't watch wrestling anymore. At some point in time, each of them has been the most dominant wrestler in existence. Before Hogan, Andre may have been the most popular ever. Before him, it was probably Lou Thesz who was the main star on nationally televised wrestling in the 1950s.

Of course, it's not just a matter of how invincible someone was presented to be but for how long. Sammartino was invincible for eight years, the longest anyone was ever the WWE (WWWF) Champion and undefeated. On the other hand, nobody in that era was presented as being as superhuman as the Undertaker or Lesnar. Based on long term success, I'd give it to Sammartino but Hogan may still be the most popular ever which tends to mean wins and if it were for real, Thesz, who isn't even in the competition, would beat any of them except maybe Lesnar or Angle.
    Power with Girl is better.

Winner is, the only one to beat Superman: Antonino Rocca
    In the same issue he also beats Samson and Hercules. LOL!

Ok, they staged it, though for that cover alone, he beats everyone else on that list!
    As the first real life wrestler to exist in DC canon.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-31-2020 at 01:28 PM.

This is an impossible, Hypothetical Royal Rumble. There are two questions in play here

1. If all these Wrestlers were in their prime, who would win?
    2. If you had access to all of these Super stars, how would you handle their booking?

I'll provide an entrance order for question one, but Y'all can work out your own order for that Second Question

1. Bruno Samartino
    2. Andre the Giant
    3. El Santo
    4. Aj Styles
    5. Steve Austin
    6. Randy Savage
    7. Brock Lesnar
    8. Ric Flair
    9. Shawn Michaels
    10. Big Show
    11. Hulk Hogan
    12. John Cena
    13. Roman Reigns
    14. The Undertaker
    15. Sting
    16. Kenny Omega
    17. The Ultimate Warrior
    18. Mick Foley
    19. Jake Roberts
    20. Kurt Angle
    21. Edge
    22. Chris Jericho
    23. Ricky Steamboat
    24. The Rock
    25. Bret Hart
    26. Rowdy Roddy Piper
    27. Triple H
    28. Curt Hennig
    29. Ted DiBiase
    30. Dusty Rhodes
    You chose an interesting order.

Things I would make sure happen.
    Brock tries to F5 Andre, fails and gets tossed out because of it.
    Andre squares off with the Big Show. They eliminate each other or every other wrestler works on eliminating them both. (One on one match at Wrestlemania)
    Hogan and Austin team up for awhile. They see a common enemy in Vince McMahon. Flair and Savage seem to be Vince's men for making sure they don't continue. All 4 men end of brawling into the stands. (Tag team match set up at Wrestlemania)
    Sting and Undertaker face off. Undertaker throws Sting over the top rope. Undertaker gets blindsided by the Ultimate Warrior though. (Sets up a Sting versus Undertaker match at Wrestlemania)
    Ultimate Warrior throws Mick Foley thought the middle rope. Mick goes under the wrong, dons Cactus Jack attire, comes back into the ring and tosses out the Ultimate Warrior. (Cactus Jack versus Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania)

I'm going to fast forward a bit, your final 4 people. Triple H, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and El Santo. DX seems to be reigning supreme. Shawn, sweet Chin music and Kurt, El Santo, and then in a shocker, on Triple H. He throws Triple H out first. Kurt meanwhile gets up and the two are fighting. Back and forth. El Santo stunned in the ring. Kurt and Shawn are pushed against the ropes, fighting, when suddenly El Santo jumps up, throws both men out of the ring.

Your winner, El Santo, until he takes off his mask and it is revealed to be CM Punk. And that is your winner.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    You chose an interesting order.

Things I would make sure happen.
    Brock tries to F5 Andre, fails and gets tossed out because of it.
    Andre squares off with the Big Show. They eliminate each other or every other wrestler works on eliminating them both. (One on one match at Wrestlemania)
    Hogan and Austin team up for awhile. They see a common enemy in Vince McMahon. Flair and Savage seem to be Vince's men for making sure they don't continue. All 4 men end of brawling into the stands. (Tag team match set up at Wrestlemania)
    Sting and Undertaker face off. Undertaker throws Sting over the top rope. Undertaker gets blindsided by the Ultimate Warrior though. (Sets up a Sting versus Undertaker match at Wrestlemania)
    Ultimate Warrior throws Mick Foley thought the middle rope. Mick goes under the wrong, dons Cactus Jack attire, comes back into the ring and tosses out the Ultimate Warrior. (Cactus Jack versus Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania)

I'm going to fast forward a bit, your final 4 people. Triple H, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and El Santo. DX seems to be reigning supreme. Shawn, sweet Chin music and Kurt, El Santo, and then in a shocker, on Triple H. He throws Triple H out first. Kurt meanwhile gets up and the two are fighting. Back and forth. El Santo stunned in the ring. Kurt and Shawn are pushed against the ropes, fighting, when suddenly El Santo jumps up, throws both men out of the ring.

Your winner, El Santo, until he takes off his mask and it is revealed to be CM Punk. And that is your winner.
    How do you think Sammartino does?

How do you think Sammartino does?
    I'm thinking he gets tossed out early on because he underestimates El Santo and it costs him.

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member

I'm thinking he gets tossed out early on because he underestimates El Santo and it costs him.
    Would anyone get a Kofi spot? (IE avoid elimination is a super improbable way)

Incredible Member

Standard Wrestling match for the 'Who would win' question
    Then the answer is: Whoever they book to win.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

then you got guys who've been in a bunch of rumbles knowing how to take advantage of the rules. like how you can bring weapons in. how you can just slide outside of the ring and not be eliminated. or the oldie but a good: being eliminated by someone who's not in the rumble and/or someone who got elimated before hand.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Then the answer is: Whoever they book to win.
    *sigh*

And the answer to all comics and movie fights is "who ever the writers write to win".

Such a positive answer conductive to discussion for the Rumbles boards!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    *sigh*

And the answer to all comics and movie fights is "who ever the writers write to win".

honestly, i expected such an answer at some point.

I'm getting really tired of it though...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    *sigh*

I think that the key question is more "Who is the WWE champion at that point"? If you can make a guess of that, you can figure out the winner.

Based on that roster, I'm thinking that the champion is one of CM Punk, Yokozuna or Diesel. They are the only stars (Sorry Beniot, Rollins, Ambrose) who could carry the championship based on that Rumble's roster.

So,
    If the champion is Punk, Hart wins. Hart/Punk would be a monster Wrestlemania (Other picks: Dibiase, Rock, Henning).
    If the champion is Yokozuna, Triple H wins. Foreign invasion storyline in Wrestlemania? A Triple H Special (Other Pick: Angle/Rock)
    If the champion is Diesel, Rock Wins. I almost want to go Flair here, but I think the Rock starpower prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    I think that the key question is more "Who is the WWE champion at that point"? If you can make a guess of that, you can figure out the winner.
    Roman Reigns is defending his title in the Rumble again.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post

Based on that roster, I'm thinking that the champion is one of CM Punk, Yokozuna or Diesel. They are the only stars (Sorry Beniot, Rollins, Ambrose) who could carry the championship based on that Rumble's roster.

So,
    If the champion is Punk, Hart wins. Hart/Punk would be a monster Wrestlemania (Other picks: Dibiase, Rock, Henning).
    If the champion is Yokozuna, Triple H wins. Foreign invasion storyline in Wrestlemania? A Triple H Special (Other Pick: Angle/Rock)
    If the champion is Diesel, Rock Wins. I almost want to go Flair here, but I think the Rock starpower prevails.
    Everyone forgets about Kane.
    Or the Iron Sheik.

Everyone forgets about Kane.
    Or the Iron Sheik.
    kane has a bit more survivability having both been in the most rumbles and had the most combined eliminations.

sheiky baby.............i don't really remember him being in a rumble. or if he was, he didn't do much in it.