Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    What about that whole "small part of your soul" thing: "But there will be a very small part of your soul that will remember, that will know what you lost. And my joy will be in listening to that part of your soul screaming throughout eternity."

How could Mephisto listen to that "small part of your soul" if he doesn't have it? Since there is general agreement that OMIT did not actually retcon OMD and that the latter is still in-continuity as are all the stories that happened before it, then the deal absolutely did happen in canon and continuity, and that means even this.

And I'm no theologian or metaphysicist but if Peter has a small part of his soul that is screaming and doesn't remember then he does not in fact have his full intact soul...and that means the Peter we are seeing is by the rules and narrative laid down, a lesser person and being than the Pre-OMD one (who had his full soul thank you very much).
    A small part of your soul is a figure of speech, it's like a part of your mind you can't grasp. It's not that someone else owns it. If you can't remember a certain event that doesn't mean someone else has a peice of your brain.

I resent the implication that either Tupac or Biggie is in Hell how dare any of you suggest such a thing , oh, wait, wrong forum. Carry on people.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I resent the implication that either Tupac or Biggie is in Hell how dare any of you suggest such a thing , oh, wait, wrong forum. Carry on people.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    It's okay. According to The Good Place, we're all going to Hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    A small part of your soul is a figure of speech, it's like a part of your mind you can't grasp. It's not that someone else owns it. If you can't remember a certain event that doesn't mean someone else has a peice of your brain.
    I mean Mephisto is not a character nobody has seen before. We have seen him in quite a number of stories. He was in Triumph and Torment where Doom fought him to release his mother's soul to heaven.

When Mephisto says souls he means the actual soul, and if a part of it remembers and screams in agony...then Peter and Mary Jane Post-OMD are not whole people. They are not the same characters they were Pre-OMD.

It is worth remembering, in Spider-Man/Deadpool, Peter was killed by Deadpool, but instead of ending up in hell, he ended up in purgatory, being tortured by Mephisto because of the OMD deal, only to be resurrected by Death. So I think that proves that 616 Peter ISN'T in hell, but also more interesting, that he CAN'T go to hell.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Yeah, I've got a recording of him here, actually. Now, be warned...this is a rough listen, and not for the faint-hearted.

BANNED

if Peter is in hell now he would most likely find it comforting as ghost Rider is ruling it after Mephisto got deposed but wait you ask what about the one below all breaking out........

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

He's been in Hell since he let the Burglar get away...

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    The truth right here, dog.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The truth right here, dog.
    That would be more self-inflicted hell, come to think of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be more self-inflicted hell, come to think of it.
    Timothy Harrison: Geez, do ya have to be so hard on yourself? I know you messed up...but at least you've tried to make up for it.
    Spider-Man: I'll be making up for it, for a long, long time.

— The Amazing Spider-Man, Issue #248, "The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man", dialogue by Roger Stern.