Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the FF movies and this spin off get a pass from most people because they are just all in on the stupid. They know they are making over the top dumb movies and don't try to hide it like some dumb movies do. They are not trying to fool the audiences, and I think people like that. It is like they are saying "look we know this **** is over the top and goofy and we know that you know it too so lets just have fun with it".
    In fairness there seems to be different kinds of dumb fun. The FF movies are certainly one kind. Then there are most Transformers movies that are also dumb but not that fun with declining audiences.

Big difference between the two though is probably that the FF movies don't take themselves that seriously whereas most TF movies try too hard to seem tough, serious, funny, oddly patriotic (each movie seems disproportionately like military recruitment films -- we have actual war and military films that are nowhere near as propagandist) , mature, complex, full of world building, etc. All to the point of excess.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-06-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Not gonna read back through the pages but fast and furious took a hard turn before this movie. Which is fine they are fun and dont pretend to me something more

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Not gonna read back through the pages but fast and furious took a hard turn before this movie. Which is fine they are fun and dont pretend to me something more
    Yeah, I think there needs to be some clarification. FF taking a hard turn isn't new -- probably like the fourth movie or so (even as "exotic" as Tokyo Drift may be, unlike most other movies in the franchise it was pretty much all about racing, rather than out and out crime or saving the day or something like that. Extremely low stakes compared to what came after.). This may be the hardest turn it's taken, though, which is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, I think there needs to be some clarification. FF taking a hard turn isn't new -- probably like the fourth movie or so (even as "exotic" as Tokyo Drift may be, unlike most other movies in the franchise it was pretty much all about racing, rather than out and out crime or saving the day or something like that. Extremely low stakes compared to what came after.). This may be the hardest turn it's taken, though, which is saying something.
    In previous movies we had the actor do unrelaistic crazy ****. Now in this movie it's just baked into the plot. That's all

In previous movies we had the actor do unrelaistic crazy ****. Now in this movie it's just baked into the plot. That's all
    Yeah. They were already doing unrealistic crazy **** in the first movie, too. Switching lanes by swerving underneath a truck trailer is unrealistic, since that's where trailers store their spare tires, for instance. Driving straight down at high speeds while maintaining eye contact and not hitting anything is also crazy unrealistic. Escalation is everything in this franchise.

Yeah. They were already doing unrealistic crazy **** in the first movie, too. Switching lanes by swerving underneath a truck trailer is unrealistic, since that's where trailers store their spare tires, for instance. Driving straight down at high speeds while maintaining eye contact and not hitting anything is also crazy unrealistic. Escalation is everything in this franchise.
    Yea and once the rock joined the cast they went from racers too bad ass mercenaries basically and the rock can redirect torpedoes, make his broken arm heal when he decides its time to RIP the cast off. Everyone magically forgets Shaw killed the coolest ff character in Han. But the most unrelaistic thing is Vin Disel beating the rock in a fight lol.

I love that the first film was about stealing DVD players, and now there’s a bulletproof cyborg called Brixton. Also, Shaw killed a hospital full of people and blew up Han, and now he’s supposed a hero because he looked after a baby for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I love that the first film was about stealing DVD players, and now there’s a bulletproof cyborg called Brixton. Also, Shaw killed a hospital full of people and blew up Han, and now he’s supposed a hero because he looked after a baby for five minutes.
    I think they tried to soften the blow in the last film. Didnt they somehow try to blame Charlize Theron character for all that. She tricked him into thinking that Han and them were the real bad guys. Iono doednt work but they tried to soften it. That said Statham and the Rock have great chemistry they were the best part of the last movie. Add Idris Elba to the mix and I'll in for this stupid joy ride.

Ultimate Member

Yea and once the rock joined the cast they went from racers too bad ass mercenaries basically and the rock can redirect torpedoes, make his broken arm heal when he decides its time to RIP the cast off. Everyone magically forgets Shaw killed the coolest ff character in Han. But the most unrelaistic thing is Vin Disel beating the rock in a fight lol.
    Vin Disel unlocked utter bad ass when he let go of all his hair.

The Rock has not.

No way Vin could ever lose a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Vin Disel unlocked utter bad ass when he let go of all his hair.

The Rock has not.

No way Vin could ever lose a fight.
    Vin diesel is 5"4 and wears girdles to hold his belly in. The rock would eat him alive lol

Ultimate Member

Vin diesel is 5"4 and wears girdles to hold his belly in. The rock would eat him alive lol
    The Rock either needs to step up his bald, or step aside. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The Rock either needs to step up his bald, or step aside. That's all there is to it.
    He does let that receding peach fuzz poke its head out a little too much.

I got to thinking about what's hot in pop culture right now. Into the Spider-Verse, obviously. Kingdom Hearts 3 (and the franchise as a whole, from the beginning). Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Dragon Ball Super. Heck, Secret Wars from a couple years ago, the Ghostbusters comics, famously DC every few years or so and, by extension, the CW DC shows. Star Trek Discovery touched upon this briefly. Even Kimmy Schmidt had an episode on this.

What do they all have in common?

Their multiverses.

And in most cases, saving the multiverse.

We now know what Dom and Co. must race to save in a future movie: The Fast and the Furious Multiverse.

But if you're asking, "What multiverse? All the movies are in one canon!" Then I'll reply, "FOOL! Does it look like that matters to this franchise?!"

And it can be called The Last of the Furious.

But you know they'll make a sequel to that film, too.

I got to thinking about what's hot in pop culture right now. Into the Spider-Verse, obviously. Kingdom Hearts 3 (and the franchise as a whole, from the beginning). Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Dragon Ball Super. Heck, Secret Wars from a couple years ago, the Ghostbusters comics, famously DC every few years or so and, by extension, the CW DC shows. Star Trek Discovery touched upon this briefly. Even Kimmy Schmidt had an episode on this.

What do they all have in common?

Their multiverses.

And in most cases, saving the multiverse.

We now know what Dom and Co. must race to save in a future movie: The Fast and the Furious Multiverse.

But if you're asking, "What multiverse? All the movies are in one canon!" Then I'll reply, "FOOL! Does it look like that matters to this franchise?!"

Really wouldn't feel out of place at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they call part 10. I thought the idea was to do one final trilogy starting with Fate of the Furious.

Maybe, but I think the idea now is spinoffs spinoffs spinoffs instead of trying to figure out a way to do the franchise minus Brian.

The villain of Hobbs and Shaw, I expect him to have a spinoff too. I mean here we are with the villain of part 7 re-purposed into an anti-hero, why not.