Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    RDR is a videogame. A kid ends up dead bc you claim to have been bear hunting with a handgun and thats going to raise questions to the authorities
    To be fair, the point of this joke was to point out the absurdity of the entire thing.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    To be fair, the point of this joke was to point out the absurdity of the entire thing.
    "Mister and Missus Doug's parents, your son was attacked by a Broo-- I mean, a bear. The good news is that he not only survived, but claimed the bear's pelt as a coat and its skull as a mask. The bad news is that he then went to space to save his home planet. Oh-- He's an alien, btw. Condolences."
    Issa dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog eat dog--

  3. #48
    Incredible Member norj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    874

    Default

    I think it's time to admit that the only reason the X-men have lasted as long as they have is because the telepaths regularly brainwash large portion of the population.

  4. #49
    Incredible Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    868

    Default

    I was going to say Magneto didn't know any X-men who were telepaths at the time, but he was pretty tight with Emma back then. She's probably the one who covered up Doug's death.

  5. #50
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I think it's time to admit that the only reason the X-men have lasted as long as they have is because the telepaths regularly brainwash large portion of the population.
    Too bad this goes against Xavier's ideals and parameters?

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Too bad this goes against Xavier's ideals and parameters?
    Even before the 'Xavier is sketchy AF' days of the 90s and Oughts, this is still the dude who dealt with a half-dozen angry people chasing Nightcrawler *by paralyzing and then mindwiping the entire town.*

    Seems to me, a little gentle mind-wiping to get past regrettable moments like 'One of my students just got shot by a nutjob with a Dr. Moreau fetish, and it serves no one any good if my school gets shut down and all my other students outed as mutants because of it,' would be right up his ally. It's a far cry from Emma, who explicitly used her telepathy to grow a fortune off of insider trading.

  7. #52
    Mighty Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post

    Yes, that's my impression too. Most of them were never officially credentialed. New York City, county, and state have very strict regulations about who can teach. I don't know how the X-Men got away with instant teachers all these years. It doesn't work like that.
    This is always tricky part of X-men do you assume that X-men fight 365 days of the year or do you assume that used their down time to finish up degrees and diplomas. The basic assumption from fans is that X-men didn't teach New mutants era students and beyond anything basically they took in all of these kids and you have bunch of 20 somethings with no high school diplomas and no college degrees except a handful like Karma. It makes more sense that X-men have almost home schooling program in a large form and after that students go online course for college and maybe finish up on campus for specialized stuff. The teachers don't have to be qualified when you look at like that in fact most of the X-men Teachers can be "Teacher Assistants" with Beast,Emma,Kitty or whoever is qualified around to administer what is officially needed. I doubt Xavier is the accredited school in the mix and is more of token thing and where ever is providing the correspondence course is the accredited school.

    I would love if a writer would address this stuff officially, And over last couple of years look like X-men is meant to be a real accredited school but stories don't care flesh out that these kids graduated or who is teaching them being a more action oriented book and them want to keep people a certain age forever.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-12-2019 at 06:42 AM.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    I just wish they would let the kids grow a bit. It's not like writers want to do a ton with then at any given time. And the rest of the MU feels like it's sort of growing...sort of.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •