Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder how they really explain the student deaths to their kin.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If the students have any family that care about them, yes. Otherwise... Telepathic mind wipes or hefty hush money payouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

It seems like a lot of the mutants are there because they don't have a lot of family left.

Magneto told Cypher's family he died in a hunting accident, which raises even more questions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Magneto told Cypher's family he died in a hunting accident, which raises even more questions.
    Well, there are bears in New York...I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It seems like a lot of the mutants are there because they don't have a lot of family left.
    but alot of them do and this is rarely addressed

Well, there are bears in New York...I think...
    Questions like who did they say fired the shot, was there a police investigation and did the coroner notice that the bullet came from a handgun not a hunting rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Thanks to the wonder that is high capital investments, you can easily keep your millions even while financing the X-Men. Honestly once you're a millionaire it takes some decent effort to lose that, thanks to the literally hundreds of tax laws that favor you.
    His multidimensional law firm Landau, Luckman, and Lake (which also manages Logan's assets) apparently has invested Xavier's wealth in multidimensional/alternate reality ventures. Xavier never asked about the details.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    At the beginning, yeah, paid for mostly everything, after a while Warren started putting his money into the set up as well and then later Emma started financing some of it, Scott's Utopia more notably. After both were out, Kitty financed the school with poop diamonds from kid Krakoa and now... well, Kitty made a comment about trademaking the X-Men name so I guess she's in control of Xavier's assets and that's how they fund it now. Not sure what Scott's going to do now.
    Think of all the natural resources the X-Men could exploit, using Shi'ar tech and their powers. Not just gold and diamonds but rare minerals. Which seems to me why so many governments have been kidnapping mutants for decades, even before the X-Men were formed. Ahab could use mutants as "hounds" to find other mutants, but what if he were using another kind of "hound" to find veins of precious metals and rare minerals?

I believe it's plausible for Xavier to have used his political conections to get most of the X-Men legal visas, probably as student visas in his school. The only case I remember that became an issue was Northstar being threaten to be deported during Liu's Astonishing run. So I guess they only care about illegal Canadians that aren't name Logan.
    I did laugh out loud at this. Xavier using political connections? It's on panel since the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby days--he mind wipes and manipulates anyone he wants to get what he wants. Storm even accused him of such, wondering how he got her to leave Africa so easily and join the All New All Different team. Xavier only seems to play by the rules because he covers his tracks with his powers.

Aside from Emma, who ran a school before the X-Men, not many of them seem to have official credentials. I believe this was pointed out during the first arc of Wolverine and The X-men when they had their first inspection but I could be remembering it wrong.
    Yes, that's my impression too. Most of them were never officially credentialed. New York City, county, and state have very strict regulations about who can teach. I don't know how the X-Men got away with instant teachers all these years. It doesn't work like that.
    Last edited by Rivka; 02-11-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Rent and mortgage free, but the estate's property taxes, though. Yikes. It's hundreds of acres.

Is there a chapel on the grounds? Maybe some kind of religious exemptions for Nightcrawler?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    At the beginning, yeah, paid for mostly everything, after a while Warren started putting his money into the set up as well and then later Emma started financing some of it, Scott's Utopia more notably. After both were out, Kitty financed the school with poop diamonds from kid Krakoa and now... well, Kitty made a comment about trademaking the X-Men name so I guess she's in control of Xavier's assets and that's how they fund it now. Not sure what Scott's going to do now.
    Since ResurrXion, Kitty has been funding the estate via Quentin Quire

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Questions like who did they say fired the shot, was there a police investigation and did the coroner notice that the bullet came from a handgun not a hunting rifle.
    People go hunting with handguns all the time /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Rent and mortgage free, but the estate's property taxes, though. Yikes. It's hundreds of acres.

Is there a chapel on the grounds? Maybe some kind of religious exemptions for Nightcrawler?
    You think the property taxes in upstate New York was bad? What the ever loving **** were they payingfor Central Park?

People go hunting with handguns all the time /s
    Not to hunt a bear

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not to hunt a bear
    Um, I've played enough Red Dead Redemption to know that you can. It just won't end well.

Um, I've played enough Red Dead Redemption to know that you can. It just won't end well.
    RDR is a videogame. A kid ends up dead bc you claim to have been bear hunting with a handgun and thats going to raise questions to the authorities