View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Emma Frost: Do you want her back on the X-Men?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Not really. I like her being a woman that learns, accepts, and never looks back.

Depends. It isn't going to happen under the current editorial board, since we're all back in the year of 1991, where Emma and Magneto are cartoonishly stupid Captain Planet villains.

I would like to see it, but it would have to handled correctly.

I want her to start her own X-Men. With blackjack and hookers

LOL dumb question.

The leadership and perspective of the White Queen is the best thing to happen to the X-Men's second chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Not really. I like her being a woman that learns, accepts, and never looks back.
    What is it you think she needs to learn and accept? If anything I think her time with the X-Men showed that she's very effective in a team setting. Yes, she could go it alone, but that actually feels much more like looking back to her HFC and Mass Academy days.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think she adds a unique characterization and form of leadership/view to the X-men. Unfortunately, I'm not sure current Marvel would handle her properly or respectfully enough.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I think her new status quo after the X-Men Black one-shot is far more interesting than her being an X-Man IMO.

Mighty Member

If she is not made the focus or put in a leadership position then sure. Although I was never sure why she was ever considered a leader in the first place. My main problem with Emma is how other characters (mostly X-men) are written down in order to prop her up, they are constantly manipulated and made fools of by her and she is never on the receiving end. If that mentality to write Emma as a badass at the expense of the other X-men can be avoided then she can find a place with the team again. Also no to Leah Williams writing a x-book.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    If she is not made the focus or put in a leadership position then sure. Although I was never sure why she was ever considered a leader in the first place. My main problem with Emma is how other characters (mostly X-men) are written down in order to prop her up, they are constantly manipulated and made fools of by her and she is never on the receiving end. If that mentality to write Emma as a badass at the expense of the other X-men can be avoided then she can find a place with the team again. Also no to Leah Williams writing a x-book.
    I've read Emma's entire history and I don't recall that... at all...

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I do. Maybe not as a full time member, but I think it'd be fun to see her and Jean and Scott and Logan interact.

No, I think Emma will work better doing her own things and not being watered downs by the x-men.

Maybe eventually she can join for some missions

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, I do. Maybe not as a full time member, but I think it'd be fun to see her and Jean and Scott and Logan interact.
    As long as it's kept light, I'd want to see this too. I don't want to see a rehash of NXM. Time and circumstances have changed. Hopefully we could see something a little more playful and a lot less angst inducing.

Emma's talented and experienced. She absolutely should show up some of the X-Men. Scott does it. Jean does it. Kitty does it. Emma's likely as experienced as them so it makes sense. Even though she seems to prefer strictly teaching, I'm not sure that's the best role for her. She doesn't have to lead. She just has to have a voice that listened to.

Under bendis, Emma was “made the fool” on more than one occasion. Examples that come to mind: 1.) her losing her telepathy for a while made her vulnerable, like when she began protecting thoughts without wanting to 2) when training teen jean (and having good intentions), she went a bit far and teen jean dominated her as a consequence. She even sat down on top of Emma, finger in her face, in front of everyone. That’s not Emma making the other look like a fool.

But at the same time, at least when It comes to verbal and snark attacks to teammates, I don’t mind Emma being the “winner”. She seems to get far more out of her jabs than the receiver loses out on. So I don’t see any harm. In other words she might throw a lot of shade but most of the characters just let it roll of their backs because they don’t see the need for mud slinging. It gives Emma her personality without making the teammates upset by her words (usually). I’m fine with this.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?