View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Lol, no problem, I really love the Exalted arc.

I think Scott can rejoin the X-Men, and even rekindle his relationship with Jean, without throwing Emma under the bus - but I don’t think Marvel is inclined to do so. After everything they did together, and after Emma was in his corner no matter what, Scott being used by Marvel to disparage her is a deal-breaker for me.

It’s like I’ve said before, I don’t have a preference for Scott’s love life, and while I’d be happy to see Scemma make a comeback, I’d be just as happy with Jott if Emma is treated with respect by Scott if no one else.
    Whatever our preferences for Scott's love life, I can definitely say Marvel has their own preferences. On a recent Comic Book Club podcast, a conversation of Scott shipping came up. The way the conversation went was telling to me.

To JDW: "You hate relationships".
    JDW: "Let me ask you this. That's a really good question because this is a hot button question. Who do you want Cyclops to be in a relationship with? I know you hate Cyclops (to one of the hosts) but he's going to be in a relationship... let's say."

The way White was talking about this, it seemed to me that it was a forgone conclusion that Scott was going to end up with someone.

It's at the 16:55 mark of this recording if you want to hear how JDW put it himself.

So no matter how we may feel about it, it seems to me Marvel has plans for Scott in this regards. That's going to effect Emma and Jean. We'd be fools to think otherwise. Further, the narrative momentum has all been behind Jott for the last couple of years. So, yes Marvel could pair Scott and Jean back up in a way that's respectful to Emma. I just find it hard to believe they actually will. See Emma's panels in PR #5 if you want an example of how Marvel views Jott vs Scemma today. This isn't some future phenomena that might happen. It's already happened. I just hope they won't go much further with this.

I hope there is a curveball and Scott has a relationship with Wanda.

Just by the reactions that Cyclops / Scarlet Witch would generate, it would be worth it. We could even call them Scarlet Visor.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I hope there is a curveball and Scott has a relationship with Wanda.

Just by the reactions that Cyclops / Scarlet Witch would generate, it would be worth it. We could even call them Scarlet Visor.
    Gosh, what would be more scandalous - Scott and Storm or Scott and Wanda? Or Storm and Wanda?

I think that might be healthy for Scott, Emma, and Jean to all have a relationship with other people. Of course writers tend to stick to the same soapy tropes when writing romantic entanglements into a story so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the same trio again. Maybe they could change it up and Emma and Jean get together for a while, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Whatever our preferences for Scott's love life, I can definitely say Marvel has their own preferences. On a recent Comic Book Club podcast, a conversation of Scott shipping came up. The way the conversation went was telling to me.

To JDW: "You hate relationships".
    JDW: "Let me ask you this. That's a really good question because this is a hot button question. Who do you want Cyclops to be in a relationship with? I know you hate Cyclops (to one of the hosts) but he's going to be in a relationship... let's say."

The way White was talking about this, it seemed to me that it was a forgone conclusion that Scott was going to end up with someone.

It's at the 16:55 mark of this recording if you want to hear how JDW put it himself.

So no matter how we may feel about it, it seems to me Marvel has plans for Scott in this regards. That's going to effect Emma and Jean. We'd be fools to think otherwise. Further, the narrative momentum has all been behind Jott for the last couple of years. So, yes Marvel could pair Scott and Jean back up in a way that's respectful to Emma. I just find it hard to believe they actually will. See Emma's panels in PR #5 if you want an example of how Marvel views Jott vs Scemma today. This isn't some future phenomena that might happen. It's already happened. I just hope they won't go much further with this.
    Hmmm, okay, Scott is definitely going to be in a relationship then. Even with all of the work done towards building Jott up and tearing Scemma down, isn't there still a chance that Scott's relationship could be with some surprise character? We still don't know what's going to happen with Jean, even if the reactions range from "not concerned" to "doomsday mode", after the end of AoXM. Even if I personally think that Jott is the likeliest outcome, I can't help but think that Marvel creative can and will do everything to prolong the drama and subvert expectations even at the expense of the characters.

Yeah, it's a darn shame, but I agree that Marvel is unlikely to actually repair Jott while respecting Emma.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Hmmm, okay, Scott is definitely going to be in a relationship then. Even with all of the work done towards building Jott up and tearing Scemma down, isn't there still a chance that Scott's relationship could be with some surprise character? We still don't know what's going to happen with Jean, even if the reactions range from "not concerned" to "doomsday mode", after the end of AoXM. Even if I personally think that Jott is the likeliest outcome, I can't help but think that Marvel creative can and will do everything to prolong the drama and subvert expectations even at the expense of the characters.

Yeah, it's a darn shame, but I agree that Marvel is unlikely to actually repair Jott while respecting Emma.
    Yeah, I just took a listen and I'm unsure on what their move will be. It sounds as if they'll go with whatever creates the most drama. I wonder if their mention of Emma is a telling sign as to what we could expect. While I support Jott, it seems the least likely outcome. I would have preferred some extra time on Scott alone, but this is unexpected.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, I just took a listen and I'm unsure on what their move will be. It sounds as if they'll go with whatever creates the most drama. I wonder if their mention of Emma is a telling sign as to what we could expect. While I support Jott, it seems the least likely outcome. I would have preferred some extra time on Scott alone, but this is unexpected.
    I think ever since Bendis said "their relationship was irrevocably damaged", among other comments, Scemma has been dead. Marvel seems satisfied to run with that. I suspect they might play with it a little over the comings months, but I'd be shocked to see them become a couple, unless it is used to further serve this "will they or won't they" Scott and Jean drama. As much of a shipper as I am, I can see how Marvel overplaying their hand on this is going to be frustrating for fans of anyone involved.

I think Jott's biggest test will be immediately during the fallout of AoXM - it's tailor made for introducing quick, cheap drama to keep Jott on the back-burner.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I think ever since Bendis said "their relationship was irrevocably damaged", among other comments, Scemma has been dead. Marvel seems satisfied to run with that. I suspect they might play with it a little over the comings months, but I'd be shocked to see them become a couple, unless it is used to further serve this "will they or won't they" Scott and Jean drama. As much of a shipper as I am, I can see how Marvel overplaying their hand on this is going to be frustrating for fans of anyone involved.
    At this point, it's hard to tell what Marvel will consider canon in order to push their narrative forward. I feel that Emma will most likely be used to keep Scott from Jean in some way. The expectation of Scott telling her off seems too predictable to be honest. With consideration to the thread, this doesn't seem to be a great way to utilize Emma, so I could only hope Marvel deals with the situation appropriately. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure. One thing for certain however, is that Scott's relationship is going to be drama driven.

I think Jott's biggest test will be immediately during the fallout of AoXM - it's tailor made for introducing quick, cheap drama to keep Jott on the back-burner.
    Most definitely, but after such a long separation, I could only hope that their reunion is paid with respect in some way.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

At this point, it's hard to tell what Marvel will consider canon in order to push their narrative forward. I feel that Emma will most likely be used to keep Scott from Jean in some way. The expectation of Scott telling her off seems too predictable to be honest. With consideration to the thread, this doesn't seem to be a great way to utilize Emma, so I could only hope Marvel deals with the situation appropriately.
    We can only hope. That's kind of the theme with Emma in general right now. So many ways to be misused. That's why I started this thread. I feel like it's a critical time for Emma and the current arc of Uncanny is perhaps the one setup she could come back to the X-books full time on without completely losing face.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think that might be healthy for Scott, Emma, and Jean to all have a relationship with other people. Of course writers tend to stick to the same soapy tropes when writing romantic entanglements into a story so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the same trio again. Maybe they could change it up and Emma and Jean get together for a while, lol.
    That would even make me prefer Scott, Emma would be the worse option on X-men.

I really don't see why Emma would be a problem for Jott, Scott rejected her before and he keep saying that he wants Jean.

Yo how did this become another Jott/Scemma thread lmao? There's like 10 other threads for that

Back to the thread, my girl needs to be on a team fast. I've been binge reading the 2000s New Avengers and I forgot how relevant she was to the wider Marvel universe at the time. She was constantly appearing in other titles and playing a big role. She helped Sentry in the NA run. She was the first person Wolverine sought out in House of M to put every thing back to normal. She was a player in several events. Seeing her absent right now is wack

They needa make a Hellfire book but called it something X-Men and let her shine

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That would even make me prefer Scott, Emma would be the worse option on X-men.

I really don't see why Emma would be a problem for Jott, Scott rejected her before and he keep saying that he wants Jean.
    I think Scott loves Jean and Jean loves Scott but they should not be together at the moment. I also think Emma and Scott have unresolved feelings between them, especially on Emma's part but also a bit for him.

All three need time to explore loneliness and to avoid being codependent. It would be interesting to see Emma in an antiheroic team but without being X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yo how did this become another Jott/Scemma thread lmao? There's like 10 other threads for that

Back to the thread, my girl needs to be on a team fast. I've been binge reading the 2000s New Avengers and I forgot how relevant she was to the wider Marvel universe at the time. She was constantly appearing in other titles and playing a big role. She helped Sentry in the NA run. She was the first person Wolverine sought out in House of M to put every thing back to normal. She was a player in several events. Seeing her absent right now is wack

They needa make a Hellfire book but called it something X-Men and let her shine
    Lol, I apologize for my part in that.

That aside, I agree that Emma doesn’t have to be on an official X-team to be prevalent in the X-book and, like you, I doubt a HFC book would sell unless it’s called X-(Something).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Scott loves Jean and Jean loves Scott but they should not be together at the moment. I also think Emma and Scott have unresolved feelings between them, especially on Emma's part but also a bit for him.

All three need time to explore loneliness and to avoid being codependent. It would be interesting to see Emma in an antiheroic team but without being X-Men.
    I don't wanna Scott and Jean together, but seems like Marvel is preparing it all to fall together. I just couldn't take it seriously if Jean is availiable and Scott still deciding between Jean and Emma.
    I don't think Scott has anything else to talk with Emma, he rejected her and I don't see why he wouldn't do it again