View Poll Results: Do you want to see Emma Frost back on an X-Men team?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 59.26%
  • No

99 40.74%
Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Ow boy, I love these kinds of posts. Lots to unpack here. Let's get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The bigger point is that the X-men don't need her as a team member in their effort to fight for and help mutants, they have been doing that long before she came around and in some cases they were opposing her to help mutants.
    They need her. Scott has just a handful of X-Men to try and push back the tide of yet another mutant extinction event horizon. It would be foolish to refuse the assistance of someone who's been in this position many times, knows the X-Men's personnel, tactics and methodology and is someone he personally trusts.

Likewise now that she is running the HFC and has all it's resources she doesn't need the X-men to fight for and save mutants if that is what she wants to do. Win win for everybody.
    The current status quo in Uncanny is just as dire for Emma as it is for the X-Men. She's a highly visible, public mutant who also happens to be very powerful. If she's not hiding under the biggest rock she can find right now, she's asking for imprisonment or death. She has everything to gain and nothing to lose in joining forces with the X-Men. It's not like she can fly under the radar. She's been on national TV right beside Scott several times, and she's got to be on the radar of every anti-mutant organization and death squad on the planet. The difference is that she's not surrounded by people she knows will have her back. A few payoffs or political leverage against the right people and she's compromised.

Honestly what is the real reason people want to see Emma back with the X-men?
    I can't speak for "people" but for myself I can say I enjoy reading her. She's unique among the X-Men in many ways. There's very few characters that can match her will and drive while still being multifaceted. She injects some humor into the books and generally keeps the X-Men from living entirely in their ivory tower. That's a good thing, and no other character really fills that role.

Is it because she was a valued and trusted member who genuinely cared about her teammates and had there best interests at heart and they want that connection back? Or is it that they loved all the snarkiness and the putdowns, how she made them look like fools and idiots. How she was the so above them and made them relevant because they were stuck in the past. And that they would love for her to come back and remind th X-men of how much of a failure they have been? Do they want Emma back with X-men because it good for Emma or it's good for themselves?
    Emma certainly cares about some of the X-Men. Her love isn't universal certainly. She tends to be much harder on people who's very attitudes put the X-Men at risk. But for those with the intelligence to see Emma's value, she has been shown to care for them. I really do think she has the X-Men's best interests at heart. It's just not the kind and gentle, kind of puppy affection we see from Storm or Jean. Just because someone pushes your buttons and drives you to see the world more realistically, doesn't mean they don't care about you. Emma's certainly no angel, but in the last 15 years of publication, she's been a lot better person than many give her credit for.

There were many times that it would have been in Emma's best interests to cut and run. Definitely during the Utopia era, she had very few reasons to stay but even fewer once the team was isolated at the New Xavier School, pushing an agenda that was likely to get them in jail or dead. Emma stuck through all those years, with a fierce determination to see mutants survive. That's not the actions of someone who doesn't care. She's has been shown to care for her students and charges explicitly.

As for Emma's sharp tongue, I think people tend to forget that Emma's mostly just giving as good as she gets. Go back and read Astonishing and tell me that Kitty isn't continuously picking a fight with her. This is something Emma deals with consistently when it comes to the X-Men. A number of them treat her like garbage. She sticks around because it's where she can do the most good. She knows it, and at the end of the day, they know it too. They just hate to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ewww, i like scott (i ship jean with him) but i don't think he needs even more love drama. If marvel is already putting him in another relationship for the sake of it, they will only hurt the character even more. That will affect other characters too.
    I really don't like that part of the character. Characters are more than a dating simulator and each new relationship only makes everybody feelings look cheap and devalutes all other relationships/characters.
    Really?1010

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yeah. Which is exactly how I feel about Jean's relationship with Bishop. The difference with Emma and Scott is that they have legitimate feelings for each other that developed over a long period of time and a significant history of working side by side. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of Scott and Emma getting back together, but at least I can say that it makes more sense than whatever's going on in AoXM, not just with Jean but several other couples.
    Emma and Scott had nothing of a long build up. some few sessions, Emma was already in love with him, Scott was about to leave his wife.
    Scemma is far away from being the pinnacle of love story that fans think it is. it was forced AF.
    Bishop and Jean are on the very beggining of their relationship, I really don't see why this much negativity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ewww, i like scott (i ship jean with him) but i don't think he needs even more love drama. If marvel is already putting him in another relationship for the sake of it, they will only hurt the character even more. That will affect other characters too.
    I really don't like that part of the character. Characters are more than a dating simulator and each new relationship only makes everybody feelings look cheap and devalutes all other relationships/characters.
    This is some weird reasoning. If anything, Scott should be in another relationship because at least three of the most stupid decisions regarding his personal life just happened because of the existence of his relationship with Jean (marrying Madelyne, leaving Madelyne and cheating with Emma). While I'm against Scemma returning, Scott should move on for real, even if to form his own X-Men team and have his own life with another woman. And if it's not possible to fit Emma as a teammate there, just let her do her own thing with other X-Men that don't necessarily need to be under Jean's leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma and Scott had nothing of a long build up. some few sessions, Emma was already in love with him, Scott was about to leave his wife.
    Scemma is far away from being the pinnacle of love story that fans think it is. it was forced AF.
    Bishop and Jean are on the very beggining of their relationship, I really don't see why this much negativity
    You have got to be kidding here.

Saying Scemma had no build-up is not a matter of opinion. It is factually wrong. They did have build-up. Half the New X-Men is the proof of that. You not liking it/thinking it's forced does not change the fact that they provably did have build-up.

What is also a fact and not a matter of opinion is the Bishop/Jean has absolutely zero build-up. You liking the relationship/thinking it'll be good for Jean does not change the fact that they were randomly thrown with each other.

At this point Scott will be better off with Wanda.
    Back to Emma, Jean fans only reason they don't want Emma in the x men is because she hurt Jean.... and also because if she gets back with Scott then he will not suffer and Emma will be on the main books with him. Right I see, so let Wanda and Scott go at it xD

So much salt directed at Emma and no ocean near by.

Maddie, Jean and Emma's faces when Dark phoenix shows up.

The whole of New X-men right up to Whedons last arc that was all build up.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The whole of New X-men right up to Whedons last arc that was all build up.
    On Whedon, they were already a couple. It's not a build up anymore

On Whedon, they were already a couple. It's not a build up anymore
    Nope it wasn't because in Whedons last arc he established that Scott genuinely loves Emma. Before that she it was constantly referenced to her just sharing his bed. Unstoppable solidified their relationship as a relationship

Nope it wasn't because in Whedons last arc he established that Scott genuinely loves Emma. Before that she it was constantly referenced to her just sharing his bed. Unstoppable solidified their relationship as a relationship
    Please can you post the scans. I would like to see what excuse is given after it.

They were already together. If I take it as build up, people will need to let Bishop and Jean develop before crapping on it

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You have got to be kidding here.

Saying Scemma had no build-up is not a matter of opinion. It is factually wrong. They did have build-up. Half the New X-Men is the proof of that. You not liking it/thinking it's forced does not change the fact that they provably did have build-up.

What is also a fact and not a matter of opinion is the Bishop/Jean has absolutely zero build-up. You liking the relationship/thinking it'll be good for Jean does not change the fact that they were randomly thrown with each other.
    Tell me what person thought Emma and Scott had any hints or possibility before Morrison's run? If someone says yes, it is lying. They were complete strangers, Bishop and Jean were teammates and shared good moments.
    Bishop/Jean already on a step ahead than Scott/Emma on the beggining of Morrison run. There is alot ot build up to be made. I don't think people will need to worry, because marvel gonna pull the pllug on it because of so much whining.

what was the build up? it was basically Cyclops bashing his wife to Emma and then making sex with Emma dressed as dark phoenix. There was zero romance.

They were already together. If I take it as build up, people will need to let Bishop and Jean develop before crapping on it

Tell me what person thought Emma and Scott had any hints or possibility before Morrison's run? If someone says yes, it is lying. They were complete strangers, Bishop and Jean were teammates and shared good moments.
    Bishop/Jean already on a step ahead than Scott/Emma on the beggining of Morrison run. There is alot ot build up to be made. I don't think people will need to worry, because marvel gonna pull the pllug on it because of so much whining.

what was the build up? it was basically Cyclops bashing his wife to Emma and then making sex with Emma dressed as dark phoenix. There was zero romance.
    Bishop was brought back so that Jean can carry him moving forward and so he can be easily be forgiven with out having to explain how and why. So that Jean may have a random relationship and Scott to win her back at the end with no one looking bad. Bishop and Jean will last 5 or 6 months tops. Right now Bishop is the center of attention of one AU book and Jean a supporting character.

Scott and Emma where not having sex, he was removing his clothes and she was fully dressed. A affair doesn't have to evolve sex, such as Jean and Logan before Emma and Scott.

You don't understand what build-up means, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You don't understand what build-up means, do you?
    What a build up means then?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Bishop was brought back so that Jean can carry him moving forward and so he can be easily be forgiven with out having to explain how and why. So that Jean may have a random relationship and Scott to win her back at the end with no one looking bad. Bishop and Jean will last 5 or 6 months tops. Right now Bishop is the center of attention of one AU book and Jean a supporting character.

Scott and Emma where not having sex, he was removing his clothes and she was fully dressed. A affair doesn't have to evolve sex, such as Jean and Logan before Emma and Scott.
    Already started wrong. Bishop has been already forgiven. You might be projecting Scott and Emma there, that everyone had to accept Emma as hero because of Scott.
    Jean isn't a supporting character, since she is on a team book

they were having psychic sex, that is basically sex. Jean and Logan never had a affair

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    As for Emma's sharp tongue, I think people tend to forget that Emma's mostly just giving as good as she gets. Go back and read Astonishing and tell me that Kitty isn't continuously picking a fight with her. This is something Emma deals with consistently when it comes to the X-Men. A number of them treat her like garbage. She sticks around because it's where she can do the most good. She knows it, and at the end of the day, they know it too. They just hate to admit it.
    I remember many times Emma being mean for the sake of being mean, unprovoked
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-19-2019 at 11:46 AM.